Morgan Cut by Steelers

Morgan was taken I think by Michigan in the NFL knock off league

He may end up there but with the amount of hits he has taken I am not sure if in my opinion he should forgo these lesser leagues (cfl) if a coaching opportunity presents itself

He may end up there but with the amount of hits he has taken I am not sure if in my opinion he should forgo these lesser leagues (cfl) if a coaching opportunity presents itself
I guess if you really want to play. Not even sure that league is any better than the B1G.

Coaching career will be there for him whenever he is done playing. May as well play as long as possible even if it is in a lesser league

Aside from longevity playing in college football, what makes people write that Morgan is prime coaching material?

Aside from longevity playing in college football, what makes people write that Morgan is prime coaching material?
People say that supposedly he’s cerebral and studies hard.

But in reality, don’t really see him as a vocal leader or much of a talker, or an influencer. if PJ leaves us in the future, I would not be happy with a Tanner hire as our head coach (like Nebraska hired Frost).

I recall that Leidner and Nelson went to that defunct football league AAF. Following that I think both retired from football.

By tomorrow teams have to trim their rosters to 53. After that they can add practice squad players. So Morgan can either get picked up as a 3rd stringer by someone or be signed to someone's practice squad or go completely unclaimed.
I'm sure if he goes unclaimed on waivers or doesn't get a practice squad spot that PJ already has a GA role already set up for him as soon as he wants it.

But in reality, don’t really see him as a vocal leader or much of a talker, or an influencer. if PJ leaves us in the future, I would not be happy with a Tanner hire as our head coach (like Nebraska hired Frost).
lol...So not even willing to let him actually start the coaching career before writing him off as a potential hire at some point off in the future?

Got it.

He was like a mini Fleck in post game interviews and just comes across as someone that would be very comfortable in a coaching role. Obviously none of us knows if he even wants to be a coach or how he will do but I would not be surprised one bit to see PJ bring him back as a GA or Quality Control coach if he does want to give coaching a go.

TM has a lot of figuring out to do. If he plays, I hope he doesn't get concussions.

We don't know if coaching is his cup of tea until he gets his feet wet somewhere.

I think Morgan's ultimate calling will be coaching. Either find a position close to home or chat with PJ about a position as a Quality Control coach and move your way up.

He’s not good enough to play in the NFL. No shame in that. He was a mediocre big ten qb for his three final seasons.

Maybe he can coach, maybe not, who knows.

I do know that his 2019 season was the best he ever by a Gopher QB.

100 % disagree with all of this. Part of the reason he was the starter for so long was his leadership.

Part of the reason he was the starter for so long was his leadership.
That "part" is like 1% maybe. I'd say 99% of it was the fact he played for a coach that refuses to replace starters he likes, no matter their performance.

It's denial. Some see him as this great QB and can't fathom him flaming out and getting a normal job like the rest of us.

That "part" is like 1% maybe. I'd say 99% of it was the fact he played for a coach that refuses to replace starters he likes, no matter their performance.
The tired argument. He doesn't coach to win, he coaches to favorites. Ugh

The tired argument. He doesn't coach to win, he coaches to favorites. Ugh
The tired response.

How about we look at some of PJ's in-game decisions and see how well your "coach to win" theory holds up....

not so much for PJ but Jerry Kill not letting Streveler get in game for possibly the reason you mention.

You mean the coach that has the team winning at a pace not seen in decades.
Comparing his W/L record to those of Jerry Kill, Tim Brewster, and Mason says nothing about his conservative game decisions.

Comparing his W/L record to those of Jerry Kill, Tim Brewster, and Mason says nothing about his conservative game decisions.
You can go further back than Mason. And who gives a crap if you like his in game decisions, it's about winning which the ones you mentioned couldn't.

I think Morgan's ultimate calling will be coaching. Either find a position close to home or chat with PJ about a position as a Quality Control coach and move your way up.
I predict the young man goes into ministry. That seems like a natural spot for him.

Look I don't know if Tanner Morgan will ever be a coach, let alone a good coach. If it gets to the point where he is considered for the HC job here, I assume that will mean he spent a good amount of time cutting his teeth as a position coach, coordinator, and likely a lower level head coach, before getting handed a B10 HC job.

However, with regards to any sort of comparison to Scott Frost, I am willing to say with 1000% confidence that Tanner Morgan will not be missing practices and visits because he's hungover, he will not be out banging college girls while his wife is at home with their children, and he would never embarrass himself and this program the way Scott Frost did over his 4+ year stint in Lincoln.

Look I don't know if Tanner Morgan will ever be a coach, let alone a good coach. If it gets to the point where he is considered for the HC job here, I assume that will mean he spent a good amount of time cutting his teeth as a position coach, coordinator, and likely a lower level head coach, before getting handed a B10 HC job.

However, with regards to any sort of comparison to Scott Frost, I am willing to say with 1000% confidence that Tanner Morgan will not be missing practices and visits because he's hungover, he will not be out banging college girls while his wife is at home with their children, and he would never embarrass himself and this program the way Scott Frost did over his 4+ year stint in Lincoln.
I miss Scunt Frost. He was fun. A laugh a minute kinda guy.

I've heard a few people refer to Frost sins and misdeeds in the last month or so. Where's that coming from? Source?

Top Bottom