More From Myron Today .. Doesn't sound good

This is, plain and simple, totally untrue. I've actually had the chance to meet Tubby on two separate occasions, and actually had dinner with him and his wife at one point, and he's an incredibly nice, humble, funny, and gracious man. And frankly, I like the way he talks about his players. He's honest without being vicious. What a ridiculous comment.

Actually the Tubster gave Cobbs some nice kudos regarding his defense in the Westy article. He is sparing in his compliments but they happen. NO hyperbole that's for sure.

Tubby may be media friendly, but he isn't exactly a nice guy. Just pay attention when he talks about players. He never builds them up.

Totally true. And where there is smoke, there usually is a fire.

There is circle of secrecy within college athletics that is rarely broken. But if you pay close attention (as anticallahan obviously has) you can pick up on the inconsistencies.

However, athletes do talk amongst themselves and this may be why Tubby has such a poor recruiting rep.

There is circle of secrecy within college athletics that is rarely broken. But if you pay close attention (as anticallahan obviously has) you can pick up on the inconsistencies.

However, athletes do talk amongst themselves and this may be why Tubby has such a poor recruiting rep.

Total bull*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#*&^!#.

Hey, Numb Nut - Tubby signed Top 20 (or better) classes in 1996 and 1997 at Georgia; 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2006 at Kentucky; and 2008 & 2009 at Minnesota.

Poor recruiting rep? The Kentucky racists still show up here 3 years later.

Yeah, you're right. Since anticallahan pays close attention from his TV set and this message board, that means he knows more about Tubby than people who have actually met him and spoken to him. That makes sense.

Hey, Numb Nut - Tubby signed Top 20 (or better) classes in 1996 and 1997 at Georgia; 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, and 2006 at Kentucky; and 2008 & 2009 at Minnesota.

Poor recruiting rep? The Kentucky racists still show up here 3 years later.

Not from Kentucky and not white. And not even remotely wrong about this.

Yeah, you're right. Since anticallahan pays close attention from his TV set and this message board, that means he knows more about Tubby than people who have actually met him and spoken to him. That makes sense.

Pretty sure I've seen a post indicating anticallahan has actually met Tubby in person. Have you?

ive met him/been around him on a few occasions and i say the complete opposite as well, how well do you know him drex?

Actually what's boring is a so-called "insider" who maintains a rarely read fan site with little or no inside information... from the Barn.

An insider? No one calls me that and I've never claimed to be an insider.

ive met him/been around him on a few occasions and i say the complete opposite as well, how well do you know him drex?

Better than most, less than some. More importantly, I know collegiate basketball and the culture. The Vescio's story sounds like a classic publicity plant btw.

Tubby's reputation is better than its reality IMHO.

You say you know Tubby better then most, but you don't provide any proof on how you know him? You know collegiate bball and the culture? Then why don't you tell us why Royce wasn't allowed to play? These kids make the University Millions of dollars. College bball and football is a business, yet Tubby seems to be the only one who cares about ethics(which is a good thing). So how exactly is Tubby a bad person? and we need facts not opinions. Oh and drex, just a little heads up, if you say anything remotely bad about Tubby, F.O.T. will come out throwin the race card. I honestly think F.O.T. has called every single poster on G'Hole a racist at some point.

This is my opinion. It was somewhat of a blanket statement. But I have been to booster events as well as banquets. Tubby is not as nice as he comes off.

My opinion is he tears down players far more than he builds them up.

Top Bottom