More Conference Talk

If Texas was the biggest single "get" then why aren't other conferences falling all over themselves to grab the Longhorns? Why did the Pac-12 decide not to move on Texas?

It's because nobody wants to deal with Texas and their arrogant demands. The Pac-12 didn't want them, and the SEC hasn't shown any interest. I don't think the Big Ten really has any interest in dealing with Texas. Plus, Nebraska left to get away from having to deal with them - I don't think they'd be too thrilled to welcome them back, and I don't see the Big Ten schools being too willing to change their equitable revenue sharing at this point. Texas has more or less made their own bed with their greed. Good luck to them.

If Texas was the biggest single "get" then why aren't other conferences falling all over themselves to grab the Longhorns? Why did the Pac-12 decide not to move on Texas?

It's because nobody wants to deal with Texas and their arrogant demands. The Pac-12 didn't want them, and the SEC hasn't shown any interest. I don't think the Big Ten really has any interest in dealing with Texas. Plus, Nebraska left to get away from having to deal with them - I don't think they'd be too thrilled to welcome them back, and I don't see the Big Ten schools being too willing to change their equitable revenue sharing at this point. Texas has more or less made their own bed with their greed. Good luck to them.

+1. Now with the Pac-12 saying they aren't going to expand, if the B1G really wants Texas, they can just wait them out until their "demands" lower. No sense to change everything (TV revenue, 9 game conf schedule, etc) for a school that has nowhere else to go

Top Bottom