More bad news?

Marcus clears a few things up, great job by him to get the story first hand.

I can never get the PP site to work, so if someone can post a link/quote it comes at the end of the story on Maurice Walker.

Basically, Miami is "Keeping an eye" on what happens with the case in MN and there is no confirmation a trial will even take place this week. Trevor did not "fail" the pre-trial intervention, he was removed from it due to the Facebook incident. It sounded like he was just lazy and didn't do it, that does not seem to be the case, he was doing it and the Facebook incident resulted in his removal from it.

Marcus clears a few things up, great job by him to get the story first hand.

I can never get the PP site to work, so if someone can post a link/quote it comes at the end of the story on Maurice Walker.

Basically, Miami is "Keeping an eye" on what happens with the case in MN and there is no confirmation a trial will even take place this week. Trevor did not "fail" the pre-trial intervention, he was removed from it due to the Facebook incident. It sounded like he was just lazy and didn't do it, that does not seem to be the case, he was doing it and the Facebook incident resulted in his removal from it.

You're reading things that aren't there and making odd interpretations.

Blizzard said:
No chance in hell.

What kind of odds do you want to give?

You're reading things that aren't there and making odd interpretations.

How would you interpret this differently?

Marcus Quote:
The Miami State Attorney's Office said the prosecution in Trevor Mbakwe's assault case is keeping an eye on what happens with the senior forward's restraining order case in MN

My "Interpretation"
Basically, Miami is "Keeping an eye" on what happens with the case in MN.

Marcus Quote:
Mbakwe's local attorney is still waiting to hear whether there will be a trial this week at Ramsey County Courthousein St. Paul.

My "Interpretation"
and there is no confirmation a trial will even take place this week.

Marcus Quote:
Mbakwe allegedley violated a restraining order ... That incident caused him to be removed from the pre trial intervention program he joined last yearto get his Miami case dropped.

My "Interpretation"
Trevor did not "fail" the pre-trial intervention, he was removed from it due to the Facebook incident. It sounded like he was just lazy and didn't do it, that does not seem to be the case, he was doing it and the Facebook incident resulted in his removal from it.

I guess I don't see the "odd" differences between Marcus' comments and my own.

Trevor entered the pre-trial intervention in August of 2010 and was "removed" (Marcus' word, not mine) in Janurary of 2011 (The Facebook arrest). Are you saying he "failed" the 6-month program for reasons other than the Facebook incident after only 5 months? I would think from January 12th - February 12th he would have had time to do 100 hours of service and donate $100. Can someone figure out for me if there are 100 hours in a month, I'm not quite sure? (EDIT: After immense mathematical calculations, there are aproximatley 744 hours in one month. This means that had he not been removed due to the facebook incident, he had 744 hours to complete 100 hours of service. I'd say the removal resulted in his failure, and not "laziness" and "just not doing it" as I stated above. Odd interpretation, indeed.

Could you point out my other "odd" interpretations please?

If you want to discredit Marcus' word choice of "removed due to the incident" please talk to the credited media publication, the Pioneer Press.

http://extra.twincities.com/ppmediakit/contactus.php

GW, please stop until there is a legitimate story about what, if anything, is actually transpiring.

cut and paste link at bottom -- Walker hopes to make his own path without Joseph

Walker hopes to make his own path without Joseph
18 October //Posted in Basketball, Gophers Now

Mo Walker took the news of his childhood friend, Devoe Joseph, transferring to Oregon last season hard. But the Canadian big man said Joseph’s departure did not have any impact on his commitment to Minnesota’s basketball program.

Walker, a 6-foot-10 sophomore, said before the start of practice last week he doesn’t regret his decision to play for the Gophers. But he hasn’t played for Minnesota since tearing his posterior cruciate ligament and meniscus Dec. 23 against South Dakota State at home last season. And it was a double blow when Joseph left the team soon after.

“It was tough to see him go, but at the same time he made the decision that was best for him,” Walker said. “I’m supportive of him. But I made my decision to come here regardless of Devoe’s choice. He did play some sort of role in my decision, but once I got here I just loved everything about it.”

After 12 games last season, Walker was having a decent season for a freshman, averaging four points and three rebounds a game in nearly 10 minutes. He also had a 10-point, five-rebound, four-assist game in a victory at St. Joseph’s.

Walker missed the team scrimmage Friday, but he expects to be healthy enough to play soon and show fans his potential. A year ago, he created a buzz after averaging 10 points and 10 rebounds a game during the Gophers’ summer trip to Canada.

“I feel like I’m really close (to returning) because I’ve been working hard this offseason,” he said. “I’m trying to build strength in my knee right now and all throughout my leg. I also have been working on being more observant. When I was sitting out, I watched my teammates and our competition seeing stuff we could do and I could do differently.”

When he joined the Gophers last season, Walker weighed around 330 pounds and had major stamina issues. He said he feels comfortable at 295 pounds right now. But ideally Walker hopes to lose another 15-20 pounds to be more mobile.

“If the pounds do come off more that’s great because I’m living a different lifestyle,” Walker said. “I’m eating right. I took out a lot of junk food and fast food from my diet. I’m eating more salads and eating at better times of the day.”

– Walker compared his game to senior forward/center Ralph Sampson III because he likes to face the basket and also shoot and make passes from the perimeter. But Walker still considers himself a center because he can play with his back to the basket and use his wide frame to rebound and be a physical inside presence. I think Walker could be a better starting option than Sampson in some games. But Walker said he isn’t competing for a starting role.

“I don’t really expect to start or be an all-star,” Walker said. “I’m just here to help the team any way I can. Whatever the coach needs me to do, I’ll do.”

– The Miami State Attorney’s Office said the prosecution in Trevor Mbakwe’s assault case is keeping an eye on what happens with the senior forward’s restraining order case in Minnesota. Mbakwe’s local attorney is still waiting to hear whether there will be a trial this week at Ramsey County courthouse in St. Paul. Mbakwe allegedly violated a restraining order by contacting his ex-girlfriend on Facebook in January. That incident caused him to be removed from the pre-trial intervention program he joined last year to get his Miami case dropped. But Mbakwe’s status remains the same, according to the Gophers.

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers...s-to-make-his-own-path-without-friend-joseph/

Walker hopes to make his own path without Joseph
18 October //Posted in Basketball, Gophers Now

Mo Walker took the news of his childhood friend, Devoe Joseph, transferring to Oregon last season hard. But the Canadian big man said Joseph’s departure did not have any impact on his commitment to Minnesota’s basketball program.

Walker, a 6-foot-10 sophomore, said before the start of practice last week he doesn’t regret his decision to play for the Gophers. But he hasn’t played for Minnesota since tearing his posterior cruciate ligament and meniscus Dec. 23 against South Dakota State at home last season. And it was a double blow when Joseph left the team soon after.

“It was tough to see him go, but at the same time he made the decision that was best for him,” Walker said. “I’m supportive of him. But I made my decision to come here regardless of Devoe’s choice. He did play some sort of role in my decision, but once I got here I just loved everything about it.”

After 12 games last season, Walker was having a decent season for a freshman, averaging four points and three rebounds a game in nearly 10 minutes. He also had a 10-point, five-rebound, four-assist game in a victory at St. Joseph’s.

Walker missed the team scrimmage Friday, but he expects to be healthy enough to play soon and show fans his potential. A year ago, he created a buzz after averaging 10 points and 10 rebounds a game during the Gophers’ summer trip to Canada.

“I feel like I’m really close (to returning) because I’ve been working hard this offseason,” he said. “I’m trying to build strength in my knee right now and all throughout my leg. I also have been working on being more observant. When I was sitting out, I watched my teammates and our competition seeing stuff we could do and I could do differently.”

When he joined the Gophers last season, Walker weighed around 330 pounds and had major stamina issues. He said he feels comfortable at 295 pounds right now. But ideally Walker hopes to lose another 15-20 pounds to be more mobile.

“If the pounds do come off more that’s great because I’m living a different lifestyle,” Walker said. “I’m eating right. I took out a lot of junk food and fast food from my diet. I’m eating more salads and eating at better times of the day.”

– Walker compared his game to senior forward/center Ralph Sampson III because he likes to face the basket and also shoot and make passes from the perimeter. But Walker still considers himself a center because he can play with his back to the basket and use his wide frame to rebound and be a physical inside presence. I think Walker could be a better starting option than Sampson in some games. But Walker said he isn’t competing for a starting role.

“I don’t really expect to start or be an all-star,” Walker said. “I’m just here to help the team any way I can. Whatever the coach needs me to do, I’ll do.”

– The Miami State Attorney’s Office said the prosecution in Trevor Mbakwe’s assault case is keeping an eye on what happens with the senior forward’s restraining order case in Minnesota. Mbakwe’s local attorney is still waiting to hear whether there will be a trial this week at Ramsey County courthouse in St. Paul. Mbakwe allegedly violated a restraining order by contacting his ex-girlfriend on Facebook in January. That incident caused him to be removed from the pre-trial intervention program he joined last year to get his Miami case dropped. But Mbakwe’s status remains the same, according to the Gophers.

http://blogs.twincities.com/gophers...s-to-make-his-own-path-without-friend-joseph/

OT: I love Mo Walkers attitude and mind set. He really seems to like being here and likes how things have been going! Great to read that from him and his attitude to do whatever it takes to win.

Hmmm, that's an odd statement, pardon the pun. Trevor's status, as I remember, was in doubt from the get-go when this originally transpired. His eligibility was being questioned and so on. As it stands, that now essentially, again, nothing has changed from where he was, which was ineligible while his case was being tried and in the courts, that he is still eligible is an indicating factor of his status now and how, apparently, the administration is going to handle this.

Unless you can bring forth solid evidence to the contrary, at this point, it appears to be a non issue as far as the basketball team is concerned.

Oh, the felony case is 'reactivated'. It has been for a long time. It's just that now they appear to be getting quite restless.

From Amelia:

According to Nolen, there is a good chance it will ultimately be dismissed because of a lack of specificity in the restraining order to include social media. If it is not dismissed, it will likely result in some sort of probation.

It was a one time online contact, it wasn't threatening, repeated, or stalking, stupid yes. I don't see how anything could ever come of this

Top Bottom