Monson Like

jamiche

Reaction score
I just turned it off. Hope I come back in an hour to find about about a miracle comeback.

Of course it is tough to win on the road in the B10 but they are getting destroyed by a terrible team.

I'd expect more from you, Jamiche! If I turned off every Gopher game that was ugly, I wouldn't watch many games. It went from a 15 pt game to 8 pts.

I just turned it off. Hope I come back in an hour to find about about a miracle comeback.

Of course it is tough to win on the road in the B10 but they are getting destroyed by a terrible team.

Turning the game off every time it's not going well...the sign of a true fan I guess.

I'd expect more from you, Jamiche! If I turned off every Gopher game that was ugly, I wouldn't watch many games. It went from a 15 pt game to 8 pts.

It's probably the second one I've turned off in 35 years, GL. It was easier to do than I thought. Maybe too easy.

Indiana was clearly an an inferior team, but they owned us. We'll beat them by 30 at home but the damage has been done. As a long time fan and season ticket holder I'm feeling a sense of aggravation with the program that is different than the Monson years. The reason that the Indiana loss is huge is that they generated a schedule that is such a joke that the margin for error has disappeared. They are supposed to be an elite operation but they have presented us with a garbage schedule and there is no excuse for it. As a consumer, I feel ripped off and, as a fan of the gophers, I feel let down. I'm glad Tubby's here and, yes, he's a big upgrade but this year has been a step back. Ironically, most of the success they've had over the last couple of years can be attributed to Monson's players.

It's probably the second one I've turned off in 35 years, GL. It was easier to do than I thought. Maybe too easy.

Indiana was clearly an an inferior team, but they owned us. We'll beat them by 30 at home but the damage has been done. As a long time fan and season ticket holder I'm feeling a sense of aggravation with the program that is different than the Monson years. The reason that the Indiana loss is huge is that they generated a schedule that is such a joke that the margin for error has disappeared. They are supposed to be an elite operation but they have presented us with a garbage schedule and there is no excuse for it. As a consumer, I feel ripped off and, as a fan of the gophers, I feel let down. I'm glad Tubby's here and, yes, he's a big upgrade but this year has been a step back. Ironically, most of the success they've had over the last couple of years can be attributed to Monson's players.

Agreed on all counts.

The program is no better on the road than under Monson. Dan beat exactly 0 NCAA Tournament teams on the road in his tenure. Tubby has 1 win, over a Wisconsin team that was arguably the last team in the field last year.

I just don't get it. Even average teams pull upsets once in a while. Northwestern did it twice last year, and they beat us at home in our NCAA year of 2005. That's three wins right there - triple the amount the Gophers have had in the last 12 years. And that's just off the top of my head. There are probably more - and that's from a team that has never even been to an NCAA Tourney.

The lack of progress is alarming - and there doesn't seem to be any sign that incoming players will be the answer.

As a fan of the Gophers and Basketball I loved the way they competed. Under Monson they did not have the knowledge or preparation to be able to do that. They are able to do that against the best in the Big Ten and the lower teams so they are never out of a game. That is what makes being a Gopher fan so enjoyable now.

howeda7,

I disagree with jamiche often, but please don't ever criticize him as a fan of Gophers athletics.

Indiana was clearly an an inferior team, but they owned us. We'll beat them by 30 at home but the damage has been done. As a long time fan and season ticket holder I'm feeling a sense of aggravation with the program that is different than the Monson years. The reason that the Indiana loss is huge is that they generated a schedule that is such a joke that the margin for error has disappeared. They are supposed to be an elite operation but they have presented us with a garbage schedule and there is no excuse for it. As a consumer, I feel ripped off and, as a fan of the gophers, I feel let down. I'm glad Tubby's here and, yes, he's a big upgrade but this year has been a step back. Ironically, most of the success they've had over the last couple of years can be attributed to Monson's players.[/QUOTE]

When Johnson and Westy are long gone, their shoes will be hard to fill.

Indiana was clearly an an inferior team, but they owned us. We'll beat them by 30 at home but the damage has been done. As a long time fan and season ticket holder I'm feeling a sense of aggravation with the program that is different than the Monson years. The reason that the Indiana loss is huge is that they generated a schedule that is such a joke that the margin for error has disappeared. They are supposed to be an elite operation but they have presented us with a garbage schedule and there is no excuse for it. As a consumer, I feel ripped off and, as a fan of the gophers, I feel let down. I'm glad Tubby's here and, yes, he's a big upgrade but this year has been a step back. Ironically, most of the success they've had over the last couple of years can be attributed to Monson's players.[/QUOTE]

When Johnson and Westy are long gone, their shoes will be hard to fill.

I agree with you on Johnson.

Top Bottom