Monday Fleck Press Conference

More excuses.....When CAB goes out you make adjustments....If one WR going out screws up your entire offense you have bigger problems.
I agree and I'm questioning why Wright played so little. Just an odd game plan and explanation. I read: "We knew they were going to blitz and we were going to do a bunch of 1on1 balls to CAB, and once he went out, we were screwed."

With injuries being such a huge part of football, I find it hard to believe that they would be foolish enough to wrap the entire game plan around ONE player? I like CAB but it's not like he is a Heisman candidate? What an odd excuse. Especially considering the competition. You also had almost the entire game to adjust, especially at halftime which most coaches use for adjustments.

With injuries being such a huge part of football, I find it hard to believe that they would be foolish enough to wrap the entire game plan around ONE player? I like CAB but it's not like he is a Heisman candidate? What an odd excuse. Especially considering the competition. You also had almost the entire game to adjust, especially at halftime which most coaches use for adjustments.
0-17 when trailing at the half.

More excuses.....When CAB goes out you make adjustments....If one WR going out screws up your entire offense you have bigger problems.
I could not agree more. This is a huge indictment of Fleck and his OC being unable to make adjustments on the fly and at halftime. If you have doubts about that statement, the 0-17 record when trailing at the half buttresses that fact.

It’s all on you Fleck you say. OK we hold only you accountable for that laughing stock disaster on Saturday. Now that we know you are the main reason for the loss how are you going to correct your failure so we do not get steamrolled again in the next 8 games?

With injuries being such a huge part of football, I find it hard to believe that they would be foolish enough to wrap the entire game plan around ONE player?
EXACTLY!!!! And the bigger part of this equation is that was the game plan for Bowling Green?!?!? This is a little tongue in cheek, but they should have been able to go out against Bowling Green and just “wing it.” Instead, it appears we designed the game plan for Bowling Green around one wide receiver and a head coach and OC being paid millions of dollars couldn’t make an adjustment when he got dinging up in the first quarter? This is alarmingly concerning. Either the game plan is too damn complicated to begin with or the coaching staff is incompetent.

That is an absolutely brutal statistic and indicative of Fleck's inability to coach on game day.
In fairness to Fleck, I think there have been games (or at least a game) where we won after trailing at some time during the second half. Didn't we have to come from behind to force overtime in the fourth quarter in one of the out of conference games in 2019?

0-17 is still bad, but it is a little arbitrary to only consider the score at the moment of halftime when evaluating our ability to respond and play from behidn in the second half.

Game plan, injuries, etc etc. Nothing should matter other than effort when the talent disparity is this great. They weren't ready to play and I would guess the effort was right around zero from both the coaches and players all week.
Inexusesable as a Big Ten West challenger to lose to a team like this. Let's hope they get it ironed out, but just so everyone knows, Mankato State beats this team by 2 touchdowns...

Game plan, injuries, etc etc. Nothing should matter other than effort when the talent disparity is this great. They weren't ready to play and I would guess the effort was right around zero from both the coaches and players all week.
Inexusesable as a Big Ten West challenger to lose to a team like this. Let's hope they get it ironed out, but just so everyone knows, Mankato State beats this team by 2 touchdowns...
Incorrect

Your inability to use logic and reason is only surpassed by your spelling.

0-17 when trailing at the half.

For a coach who hangs his hat on motivation and culture and never quitting, Fleck's teams don't show those traits very strongly when it's actually game time.

Playing down to weaker opponents, inconsistent effort and preparation, not being able to come back when behind.

In fairness to Fleck, I think there have been games (or at least a game) where we won after trailing at some time during the second half. Didn't we have to come from behind to force overtime in the fourth quarter in one of the out of conference games in 2019?

0-17 is still bad, but it is a little arbitrary to only consider the score at the moment of halftime when evaluating our ability to respond and play from behidn in the second half.
Fresno and Georgia southern come to mind

PJ taking responsibility because that's his job.

But man I'm staring in the direction of the OC. Can't be just as wonky / looking like all we have is a hammer as we were in a non COVID year as a COVID year... that not sense.

No one is being fired or demoted, no change at QB, same old will be tried at Purdue and Gophers will do better, but getting to six wins for the season will not be easy.
I can't imagine the plan for purdue is run run run run run pass punt

PJ has shown throughout in non conference he plays very vanilla and opens it up in conference. He's not jeff brohm where he's pass pas pass trick play, pass, but much more balanced attack.

Iowa 2019 was probably the best comeback under Fleck, just fell a few yards short.

Top Bottom