Mo is coming back!

If he left because of lack of carries, it was a poor decision. He'd have gotten 100+ here next year. That is definitely enough to demonstrate value to the folks at the next level and it gives you the added bonus of having less miles on your tires.
The challenge for Thomas was Potts coming back. As players they're virtually identical. Same size, same style, same stats. Logically Thomas would be behind a healthy Potts, as he was last year. Bucky was always going to get his touches regardless.

Last edited:

Mo close to 100% is more of a game changer than Thomas in my opinion. Give me a year of Mo. Fleck brought them all here, no reason to think he won't continue landing equally talented RBs.

Even if we don't get Mo back 100% until mid-season, for the heart of the B1G schedule, it's a huge upgrade for us. Potts & Bucky can handle things until Mo's 100%. When Mo's 100% he may well be the best RB in the B1G. He is a game changer.

Last edited:

I was reading that Akers article this weekend and thinking of Mo. Glad someone else posted it!

The challenge for Thomas was Potts coming back. As players they're virtually identical. Same size, same style, same stats. Logically Thomas would be behind a healthy Potts, as he was last year. Bucky was always going to get his touches regardless.
Even if we don't get Mo back 100% until mid-season, for the heart of the B1G schedule, it's a huge upgrade for us. Potts & Bucky can handle things until Mo's 100%. When Mo's 100% he may well be the best RB in the B1G. He is a game changer.
The $64k question, of course, is how healthy/well performing Potts will be this next season.

But KT transferring could be at least a partial answer to that.

The $64k question, of course, is how healthy/well performing Potts will be this next season.

But KT transferring could be at least a partial answer to that.

Just guessing, but I don't think Potts would have made the big announcement that he's returning unless he felt he'd be 100%, Then as you say Thomas immediately entered the portal.

Just guessing, but I don't think Potts would have made the big announcement that he's returning unless he felt he'd be 100%, Then as you say Thomas immediately entered the portal.
I don't doubt that Thomas communicated with the guys to see how they were doing. Based on the reports, he decided to leave.

I don't doubt that Thomas communicated with the guys to see how they were doing. Based on the reports, he decided to leave.
I can't fault him for his aspiration to be a starter or even a featured back.

As others have pointed out, he is going to find out the Offensive Line makes a difference soon enough. Kansas had a dismal 2-10 record last season.

Let's all hope Tommy Olsen was right and the injury was the best thing ever for his career...

Top Bottom