Mo Ibrahim out for the year.

I know this is off topic, but have we heard anything about MBS status? I hope he’s doing okay. Looked like he was knocked unconscious and I’d be surprised if he’s not in concussion protocol.
I'd say it's a safe assumption he's in the concussion protocol. But no, we haven't heard anything about his status and I doubt we will.

The quote from Fleck was "His injury, I mean, it is pretty standard. When you’re talking about, it’s pretty clean. So I mean, he’s going to be able to get it fixed and make a full recovery."

That doesn't seem like an achilles injury to me...I hope.
The answer that you quote, was in direct response to the question "Ever been around a running back that's suffered a torn achilles? How tough is it to come back from that specific injury?"

I don't get why they are so cagey about injuries. there is no possible competitive advantage or disadvantage here. Mo is out for the year. everyone on the schedule knows that. So why can't they give a little more detail on the nature or extent of the injury and the type of surgical procedure being performed?

Assuming he has a full recovery, if Mo does try to play in the NFL, he will have to go through a very thorough medical examination. So again, why the secrecy?

Fleck said it is personal information, and if Mo chooses to release the details, that is his prerogative.

I'm 100% fine with this approach.
I was just about to post the same thing. As SON says, there is no competitive advantage or disadvantage now. From this point forward, the story is for Mo to tell if and when he decides to do so.

It is a shame that happed to him. They ran him into the ground. They should have given him more breaks with other backs. I think they would of continued running him into the ground until something happened. The best thing football could do is go back to the Tim Riggins, from Friday Night lights training program. The athletes are getting to big and strong. Shoot we have a 6'9" 400 pound tackle. If he just fell on you, you would get hurt. The difference between the athletes in the different divisions is not skill it is size and speed.

Last edited:

Top Bottom