MN Daily Letter to the Editor: Coach Kill, A Class Act

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per a Letter to the Editor:

Recently, David Frigaard, a beloved husband, father, teacher, coach and small business owner was unexpectedly taken from us. David’s passions were his family, art, teaching and mentoring students and Golden Gophers football.

I called the Gophers football office on Friday, five days before “national signing day.” I wanted to see if head coach Jerry Kill could personally sign a Gophers flag that we would put into a frame. I hoped we could do it before the memorial service the following Monday. The first person I talked to, passed on her condolences and forwarded me to Kill’s personal assistant. I left a message and his assistant called me back and left a message.

Everyone was very kind and had a smile. The fact that Kill and his staff contacted me four times in three days during one of his busiest weeks is amazing.

http://www.mndaily.com/opinion/letters-editor/2015/02/08/coach-kill-class-act

Go Gophers!!

For every one of these things that goes public, I think Kill probably does 50 of them that he does just out of the goodness of his own heart. That's what the most remarkable thing about him is, he doesn't want any credit, he just wants to do the right thing. I know his assistant, and she's a great person too - sounds like he's got a great staff following in his lead. Stuff like this just warms my heart.

Condolences to the family and well done Coach Kill.

This MN native lives in Michigan and had an elaborate Gopher shrine in his house, which was destroyed by a fire recently. A friend of his started a process that led to this:

FullSizeRender[1].jpg

This MN native lives in Michigan and had an elaborate Gopher shrine in his house, which was destroyed by a fire recently. A friend of his started a process that led to this:

View attachment 3360

Without a doubt, we have a very special human being first and foremost as our head football coach.

Top Bottom