Mizzou to the Big Ten?

Confirmed: The First Missouri Confederate Brigade was at Gettysburg, no doubt out-witted and over-matched by the Minnesota First Infantry.

source? The First Mo Con Brig was part of western armies under Confed Gen Johnston. They fought, and were captured, at Vicksburg, which was essentially concurrent with Gettsburg, and couldn't have been in two places at once. they were later exchanged, and fought with the southern confed army, but no record I know of that they were ever detached and sent to Lee.

I'm not aware of any Mo unit that fought at Gettysburg, but that doesn't mean there weren't any. But if you want to cite an actual battle to "support" your silly rationale, the 3rd, 4th, and 5th minn rgts also fought at Vicksburg. The 3rd were only there because they too had been exchanged after having been defeated and captured in a battle with the western confed army in July 1862.

It's just fact.

Let me put it in a gentler way. Minnesota kids were probably shooting at Missouri kids at Gettysburg. So my policy is the following: no state is allowed in the B10 whose residents we were (collectively) trying to kill in the first week of July in 1863.

Confirmed: The First Missouri Confederate Brigade was at Gettysburg, no doubt out-witted and over-matched by the Minnesota First Infantry.

:rolleyes:

unbelievably stupid post

Pitt has been trying to join the Big 10 for 75 years. The addition of Penn St. (in my mind) killed any chance of that ever happening. Notre Dame is a pipe dream: They keep all that t.v. money, get paid by the BCS every season and get a nice chunk of basketball revenue from the Big East. It's just not going to happen.

The best fit would be Rutgers. It would open a huge media market (NY/NJ) to the Big 10 and has a similar institutional profile as the other members in terms of mission, large alumni/student base and would probably beg to join the Big 10. The only thing it really lacks is in athletics: Rutgers football and basketball history and tradition aren't going to wow anyone anytime soon.

Top Bottom