Minnesota @ Penn State Game Thread

Way too many turnovers, and the brutal foul situation sure didn't help.

Down the stretch Devoe had to handle it and they knew he was the only one who could score. His dribbling isn't his strength.
How many minutes has Nolen played? How many players were in foul trouble? And if you think Devoe was handling it, you're mistaken. He was giving Nolen a breather because we can't afford to take him (Nolen) out

Simple thing needs to happen our last 6 games, no more road losses, finish the season 4-2. THAT IS NEEDED

I agree, this was just plain stupidity on our part. No reason to lose the game because we can't figure out how to dribble or keep a pivot foot. To me, that's not "soiling ourselves", it's just plain stupid...

So true...I wasn't saying we did soil ourselves, I'm just curious what Tubby will classify this as. Playing drunk?

I have to disagree with Jimmy Jackson on the whole "no one is going to give you any of these games." Umm...what do you think this game was???

Interesting game for Devoe...great shooting night but two crucial turnovers.

So true...I wasn't saying we did soil ourselves, I'm just curious what Tubby will classify this as. Playing drunk?

I'd say just too many turnovers (I can't think of a good analogy). Tubby hasn't been pleased with the refs either this game...it should be interesting if he says anything about that after the game.

How many minutes has Nolen played? How many players were in foul trouble? And if you think Devoe was handling it, you're mistaken. He was giving Nolen a breather because we can't afford to take him (Nolen) out

Devoe wasn't handling it on the most important possession of the game when Battle completely picks his pocket and gets the easy lay-up?

Interesting game for Devoe...great shooting night but two crucial turnovers.
And thus the issue on what to do with him all season...brilliant at times, and then very freshman-like at times. Growing pains of a young team...

Again, so many problems that maturity and experience will address.
Very disappointing - we could have had this

Tubby better start to show his coaching, these games have been awful..great start 19 in country..jesus.. Tubster..DO SOMETHING

Part of the problem is that these guys have a really big problem with keeping their concentration for a full game and at times, even a full possession. There was no reason for us to run around on the perimeter on offense while traveling and throwing the ball away as much as we did.

Penn State isn't all that good, they can sneak up on you and beat you if you give them the opportunity and Battle is one heck of a player. But this was a case where we played stupidly on both ends of the court when it mattered most.

Devoe wasn't handling it on the most important possession of the game when Battle completely picks his pocket and gets the easy lay-up?
He had the ball - (I don't know that I'd say he was acting as PG), and Battle had shifted covering him because he was the scoring threat. He's going to have to handle their best defense if he's going to score like that

Ick, Too bad this ones over, but my god thankfully we don't have to watch anymore of that ugly game.

He had the ball - (I don't know that I'd say he was acting as PG), and Battle had shifted covering him because he was the scoring threat. He's going to have to handle their best defense if he's going to score like that

I get that Moonlight, but it was near half court one-on-one. (exact position a true PG should have it) When a player is the only threat he has to be coming off screens or running the baseline or floating waiting on a drive and kick. Of course they are going to play him tight.

Personally, I've also had enough of our guys trying to force everything early in games. Settle down and play the game. No more "we're still making young mistakes" crap. Grow a pair and get it done. Do what you're supposed to do, make the plays you're supposed to make and take care of business.

This was a game we could have easily taken control of early, but we spent most of the first half fumbling around like we didn't realize we were playing basketball. This has become a running trend and its time for these guys to come out of the blocks with a purpose for once. All and all, too much stupid stuff going on with these guys right now.

yea, Fuk westbrook, give it to joseph AS OUR MAIN PG

Yeah, if this game showed anything, it's that Joseph needs to be put in a position where he can play off the ball less and dribble more.

I get that Moonlight, but it was near half court one-on-one. (exact position a true PG should have it) When a player is the only threat he has to be coming off screens or running the baseline or floating waiting on a drive and kick. Of course they are going to play him tight.
Pretty much an unforced error. Joseph has handled tougher situations and will need to to be successful.

So, how long before Gophermanic shows up with some enlightening analysis???:p

I hate to say it, but the Gophers don't deserve to make the NCAA's. They are a completely different team than they were a month ago.

Top Bottom