Minnesota @ Northwestern Game Thread

this is troubling to see us with no answer for the 1-3-1. Have continued to turn it over

Missing these free throws is killing us. That's 4 free points they've given away.

should have saved money and not even traveled the team cuz we gave this one up way to easy

We have been SO confused against this 1-3-1, which is completely unacceptable.

I mean this is NOT a good Northwestern team, but we're managing to make them look like the best defensive team in the nation..

Shows you how fleeting high emotions can be in this sport...

If we lose this game, we are out of the polls.

We shouldn't be. If we'd lost at Wiscy but won here we wouldn't be. This does mitigate any gain in the polls from winning on Thursday, but we should basically now be in a push.

I actually kind of figured for us to lose this game, we would have to do a lot of stupid things on all fronts...and that's exactly what we've done :mad:

when Hoff and Westbrook cant hit from the outside with no inside game ANY defense would feast

Yeah, that's a good point. But Hoff hasn't been able to do anything for a whole bunch of games in a row now.

the biggest thing is costing us this game is the fact that we have been really passive against that zone. We haven't attacked it in any sense and we've missed tons of free throws....that's a prime recipe for getting beat by an inferior opponent...

It just isn't our day...we've missed more threes by more wide margins today than I've seen since the Iowa game

I think what bothers me the most about losing this game is; everyone in the world has doubted the Gophers and what they have accomplished and losing this game will give those folks a louder voice. THAT is what angers me most about this loss.

We did everything we could to lose this game today. Congrats to Northwestern for getting the win, but we did nothing right in the second half.

But, I'm thinking we'll kill these guys in the Barn

Oh well, you win some, you lose some.

It stinks that we just got beat by a below-average team.

The good thing is that we'll be able to take it out on them when they come to the Barn...I'm thinking that one will be REALLY ugly.

The best thing the guys can do from here is use this game as a learning experience and then come back with a big effort against Purdue next time out....

Top Bottom