Minnesota is on the cusp of hiring Cincinnati defensive line coach Chad Wilt

Kyle Goblirsch tweeted "Homerun hire" with lips sealed emoji. Cant tell if thats sincere or sarcasm

Fantastic hire. Came into a Cincinnati team that lost a ton of talent on their DL and still delivered. Bearcats line was a big part of their stout defense.

I wonder how much a DL coach can help a DL considering that in CFB land there are very few DL guys out of high school who can play really well and a lot of so so dudes.

Appears to be a good choice. As said, if the players and Fleck like him, I like him.

I think he wants to stay in Ohio or nearby. I assume tOSU is his dream but it probably won't open soon. I think MSU will open soon and would allow Fickell to coach at the highest level.

People seem to love this hire. He's been a special teams coach and a recruiting coordinator as well. My only concern is that he does jump around jobs a lot, but maybe we can convince him to stay for a bit at least.

Appears to be a pretty good teacher based on that 1:50 of film. We'll see.

Anyone know what kind of recruiter he is and what geographic territory is his specialty?

Anyone know what kind of recruiter he is and what geographic territory is his specialty?

He's from Pennsylvania and played college ball in Indiana. And looking at his resume, his career has been centered in Virginia (Virginia, Liberty, Richmond), Maryland (Maryland, Army) and Ohio (Cincinnati) and Indiana (Ball State). He was recruiting coordinator at Ball State but nowhere else. So my guess is he knows recruiting in the mid-atlantic and the eastern midwest pretty well.

Was with Lembo at Ball and Maryland...Lembo highly regarded.

Last edited:

I believe Kyle lives and works from Ohio, but I agree as to not sure what the tweet meant.
Translating as best I can - it was a home-run hire that he isn't going to give more information on due to confidentiality with some of his sources.

Translating as best I can - it was a home-run hire that he isn't going to give more information on due to confidentiality with some of his sources.

Also it's Twitter so .... vague tweet with no follow up for explanation is kinda par for the course ... and they're pretty effective for getting attention.

Top Bottom