Minnesota/Illinois game thread

Rodney looks good. Really good.

Even on that missed jumper it looked like he lost that hitch in his form he's always had. Hopefully his play so far this year is a sign of him turning a corner.

He's playing very aggressively...good start so far. More of an attitude than anything else...keep attacking Rodney!

Prolific said:
Rodney looks good. Really good.

Even on that missed jumper it looked like he lost that hitch in his form he's always had. Hopefully his play so far this year is a sign of him turning a corner.

Would love to see Ralph take a similar leap.

Sampson can't get anything to go except free throws. We are drawing a lot of fouls though. Pretty good start

Ugly start for our second line. Lots of ugly forced shots and not picking up guys on d.

If Sampson could have any kind of production, we'd be winning and not down by 5.

maliksealy said:
If Sampson could have any kind of production, we'd be winning and not down by 5.

Sadly, I have to agree. He's missing bunnies out there. Need to see him hit those rest of the game.

Rod looks good, would love to see a little more out of Austin.

No meaningful contribution yet from Sampson or Welch. Illini win easily unless the two of them show up in a big way in the second half.

Almost unwatchable. How is this not a 20 point game?

How a Big Ten school can put together such a bad group of shooters is beyond me.

I said it after about 2 games this year.

Maverick, oto, and ingram can't play this level of basketball. I understand you can't pull the scholarships and I wouldn't want to. But someone might wanna tell tubby that he doesn't have to play them. The substitution patterns of tubby smith are mind boggling.

Does anyone know why we put Ingram in the last 2:30 and not EE?

Go Gophers!!

Maverick, oto, and ingram can't play this level of basketball. I understand you can't pull the scholarships and I wouldn't want to. But someone might wanna tell tubby that he doesn't have to play them. The substitution patterns of tubby smith are mind boggling.

Mav has played well overall this year, that half was pretty bad though. Oto didn't do much in that half but didn't do anythng wrong either, and we need him out there at times because our shooting is so god damn pathetic. Ingram you might be right on but he's young and is a big body.

The problems with this team continue to be no half court offense whatsoever, carelessness with the ball, and staying in front of guys defensively. And Ralph Sampson.

Mav has played well overall this year, that half was pretty bad though. Oto didn't do much in that half but didn't do anythng wrong either, and we need him out there at times because our shooting is so god damn pathetic. Ingram you might be right on but he's young and is a big body.

The problems with this team continue to be no half court offense whatsoever, carelessness with the ball, and staying in front of guys defensively. And Ralph Sampson.
Are you seriously going to make excuses for those three and then say Ralph Sampson is the problem?

You are either an idiot or you haven't been watching the game.

Maverick has been okay this year? LOL

Mav looks jittery...

Welch Is not creating enough offense...

Ralph's regression continues...How hard is it for a 7 footer to dunk? He's about 35% on layups..

Rodney looks as good as he's ever looked and his teammates forgot about him...

Austin Hollins was invisible...

Joe Coleman shaky...

Defense was good for 15 minutes, then fell apart.

Has the makings of a 20 point loss...

Would be nice to see Tubby shorten his bench and only play 7 or 8.

The hockey subsitutions, the odd combinations, it's weird.

They are not out of this game though. If they can start hitting some shots, this Illinois team is beatable.

This....:

against a very average Illini team. Just don't have the players to rise above average coaching. I'm thinking 7-11, not the store; their record in the Big Ten.

Are you seriously going to make excuses for those three and then say Ralph Sampson is the problem?

You are either an idiot or you haven't been watching the game.

Maverick has been okay this year? LOL

The ad hominem attack was nice, always a nice addition to a normal calm discussion.

Sampson has been absolutely brutal this game, it's pretty clear. He's moving away from the basket every time he takes a shot and he's missed at least 3 bunnies. Along with his usual charmin soft interior defense and rebounding.

Mav has played passable this year, if you can't at least recognize that you're watching a different game. He's not a game changer but he's knocking down some shots and taking care of the ball.

Oto and Ingram are playing their first Big 10 games, settle down.

Top Bottom