Minnesota football will be without 20 players tonight against Purdue

This makes no sense unless they're massively due to injuries.

We still have enough players for a game? Damn! What do we got? 250 players on the team this year? 😱

What happened to 6% positive and you're shut down? It's a joke if they play this game.

What happened to 6% positive and you're shut down? It's a joke if they play this game.
That's of tests over a rolling 7 day period?

Means bunch of guys just tested positive, maybe Wed and yesterday?

Betting lines don't do anything other than try to get people to bet on the game.
they move in response to people betting on one side in effort to even out the money. The movement would indicate late money is pouring in on Minnesota and they're trying to balance it back onto Purdue

I know Purdue took the effort and money to fly here, get hotels, and all ..... but you can just see the disaster in the making. 20 more Gophers test positive tomorrow, then 20 Purdue guys test positive this weekend.

they move in response to people betting on one side in effort to even out the money. The movement would indicate late money is pouring in on Minnesota and they're trying to balance it back onto Purdue
There is no rule saying that you have to bet money for any good reason.

I bet our defense gets insulted in this board tonight: and the offense

And they didn't call me ...

giphy.gif

We have no idea which 20 it is, and won't until the game starts.

It could be 15 injuries, 1 covid case, and 4 players exposed and under quarantine. It could also be 19 covid cases and 1 injury. We don't know.
Not quite as it still has to be under the 5% threshold from my understanding. Which means your case load can't be near that high (would guess it's got to be somewhere in the 7 range, but don't know how they're applying this to contacts)

A) Sure, but that's why it's notable? If 20 players are out, why is all the money coming in on Minnesota? It was -2.5 yesterday when I looked, then a pick a couple of hours ago when I looked, and is -2 now.

B) Sometimes the book moves the line AGAINST how the money is coming in overall because sharps are hitting the other side hard, but that would make even less sense in this case.

A) Sure, but that's why it's notable? If 20 players are out, why is all the money coming in on Minnesota? It was -2.5 yesterday when I looked, then a pick a couple of hours ago when I looked, and is -2 now.

B) Sometimes the book moves the line AGAINST how the money is coming in overall because sharps are hitting the other side hard, but that would make even less sense in this case.
that's why I brought it up. It's now MN -1. So guessing money now pouring back in on Purdue.

Top Bottom