Minnesota Coaches Are Hoping That Connections Help Them Land Illinois Sleeper

GopherHole Staff

GopherHole Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Graham Glasgow, a 6-foot-7, 310-pound left tackle from Aurora (IL) Marmion Academy, visited Michigan yesterday and is considering three Big ten schools, including Minnesota as a preferred walk-on. GopherHole.com caught up with Marmion Academy head coach Dan Thorpe to learn the latest on his decision.

http://www.forums.gopherhole.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=1324

I like him. Seems like a great guy and knows what he needs to do be successful. Hopefully he'll select Minnesota for his college choice due to all the opportunities that we have here in Minnesota and Kill will always be there to help him get to where he wants to be.

The problem is the U is actually not in bad condition concerning in OLmen. Don't know about Mich or OS, but they are continually out recruiting the Gophers (star-wise anyway :)) so it will be interesting to see who he goes with.

Thanks for the update. It would be great to land an athlete as talented as Glasgow as a walk on. It would also be great to for once, beat out MI and Ohio State for a football recruit. Coach Kill continues to state that he has the best strength and conditioning coach in the country. I hope Glasgow decides to join the Gophers next season.

Thanks for the update. It would be great to land an athlete as talented as Glasgow as a walk on. It would also be great to for once, beat out MI and Ohio State for a football recruit. Coach Kill continues to state that he has the best strength and conditioning coach in the country. I hope Glasgow decides to join the Gophers next season.

I've never seen so much interest in a kid as a walk-on. Am I missing something?

Go to his video and watch him throwing people around. Not a lot of technique at this point, but the kid is strong as a bull without it.

I live about a mile or so from Marmion. It is a military academy and has a ton of hard working guys. They were 2nd place in state this year. He was a beast.

Marmion is also the Alma Mater of San Diego Charger and NIU Huskie under Jerry Kill, Larry English.

I've never seen so much interest in a kid as a walk-on. Am I missing something?

Meh, maybe you/we are.

But the fact that he's considering Minnesota, even after being recruited at OSU and Michigan, is a huge plus.

Go to his video and watch him throwing people around. Not a lot of technique at this point, but the kid is strong as a bull without it.

Agreed. The most intriguing part of the the interview with his coach is when he stated "He knows that he has not lifted a weight." If this kid hasn't truly got in to any type of a S & C program, then look the hell out when he does! I hope he chooses the Gophs & it sounds like that might be a possibility with the ties to Coach Kill. Go Gophs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UA5fAi-hAlw

You get on that phone and you say HEY GRAPE APE you fittin to get down with this Big Ten, son? You wanna be a punk you wanna lose to the Kill Krew? no? Then you commit 2DAY, son. You join up with Da Krew, you join up with this U and that's how it is. Play your season out, we got syrup for yo pancake.

You get on that phone and you say HEY GRAPE APE you fittin to get down with this Big Ten, son? You wanna be a punk you wanna lose to the Kill Krew? no? Then you commit 2DAY, son. You join up with Da Krew, you join up with this U and that's how it is. Play your season out, we got syrup for yo pancake.

Yeah. What he said.

I just love reading quotes like this from people that really don't have anything to gain by saying them:

Jerry Kill makes men. You guys got a great one there. You are not going to have to be patient very long. He’ll make a difference already.

+1 :clap:

Umm

I like it! But I have a suggestion: I think coach Hammock should make the call. lol I don't see Da Killer pullin' it off too effectively.

Don't know who you are.. But I love you. :clap:

Sounds like a very intriguing prospect. Hope we can land him.

My favorite part of this - "we got syrup for yo pancake". This is far better than talkiing about wanting your chili hot of the previous regime.

Your name ain't so bad either.

I agree, although it takes me time to decipher sometimes.

What the heck did GTDN just say

Can someone translate what GDTN said for those of us that are not people that text or are up with pop culture or how younger people speak. I'm not that old but am clueless into what he was saying. What did GTDN say that has everyone so excited?

I don't understand. If the young man is this good and has never even been in a weight room, why is he without a scholarship offer?

Top Bottom