Minnesota at Michigan State line prediction, MSU opens as 3 point favorites

Stan

Reaction score
I think the Spartans will open up -2, but it will end up a pick-em by the time kickoff rolls around.

MSU will be favored by -2.5 or so. Sagarin had MSU -3 going into this week neutral field. Massey had it as a push neutral field. I don't think the metrics will change that much.

Is Washington good this year? Or was MSU rated a little too high in the top 25?

I’ll take MN +3 all day! LFG!! Can’t wait for this game.

I'll agree with that. I was impressed with Washington.

As far as Sparty is concerned, they're not the 11th best team in the country. But I disagree with the folks who say they're awful. They look like an 8-4, 7-5 team to me. Better than average, but certainly not Ohio State or Michigan level.

I'll agree with that. I was impressed with Washington.

As far as Sparty is concerned, they're not the 11th best team in the country. But I disagree with the folks who say they're awful. They look like an 8-4, 7-5 team to me. Better than average, but certainly not Ohio State or Michigan level.
Agree on MSU.

The loss of CAB is probably worth a couple points on betting line. It might be worth more points in reality.

I think MSU is being underrated by this board.
What's the rating? I think their pass defense is horrible. Have two good backs and an average to below average offensive line. A two good receivers, a good pass cathing tight end, and a fine but not great QB. I think the win 7 games at most.

What's the rating? I think their pass defense is horrible. Have two good backs and an average to below average offensive line. A two good receivers, a good pass cathing tight end, and a fine but not great QB. I think the win 7 games at most.
I feel like for many the game is a foregone conclusion. It’s a road game in the big ten against a capable team.

That basically means they would be among the best offenses in the conference.

That basically means they would be among the best offenses in the conference.
I guess we define things different. Their line limits everything. You can have good backs but they can't over come the line, same with the receivers.

Now there's a good example of HALF of a Minnesota tradition.

Never have too much faith in the Gophers and get your hopes up. The other half?

Always complain that the Gophers aren't ranked high enough.:drink:

I absolutely agree with this take. While I don’t think we have an “easy” game left on our schedule, I’d argue that Michigan State is the toughest game left on our schedule. Our defense lost a lot from last year and is untested this year. I think we have better depth on defense than last year but I don’t know that we have the “impact” players that we had last year. We will see what we truly have on that side of the ball this coming Saturday. If we pull this game out on the road in a place we historically don’t play well at, it could mean we truly have something.

But this game is going to be extremely tough and I think very, very physical. We will need to really run the ball well and control the clock. Need to keep their offense off the field.

Agreed. Think it's going to be a tough game, especially since MSU is coming off a loss.

Yes, this is one of those circumstances where schadenfreude is short-lived. It only lasts until you realize that you're going on the road with a couple of key injuries to meet an angry team that has some undeniable talent.

Minnesota -1.5 on DK.
SP+ says this game should be even money.

Not touching the Gophers this week.

I never buy the "the team is going to be tough cause they are coming off a loss" line of thinking...if that was the case losing streaks would never happen. How did Northwestern do "coming off a loss" playing SIU? How about Nebraska against hated former rival Oklahoma?

If MSU beats us it isn't because they were mad they lost last week IMHO.

Minnesota -1.5 on DK.
SP+ says this game should be even money.

Not touching the Gophers this week.

Sagarin also has it as an even game. I still think eventual betting will give a slight edge to MSU.

Top Bottom