***MINN-MICHIGAN POSTGAME THOUGHTS***

thailleagle

Reaction score
Lost 35-13 last year & lost 42-13 this year.

I was really hoping our Vanilla-Style Playcalling was just a Non-Conf issue but its apparent Limegrover is really just not built for the Big Ten.

"Gardner just kind of panics." - Yet we're the only team he's played who couldn't force him into a Turnover... the ONLY...

UConn & Akron put up more of a fight then us? Really?

I think the myth of us "being a 2nd half team" has been really thrown in the bushes these last 2 weeks. Iowa got completely manhandled against a Michigan State team whose Offense looked horrible during their Non-Conf.

Oh well, on to Northwestern & I hope we see some improvement...

Thoughts?

We were manhandled in every phase of the game. Where did Indiana get their offense? I want that one.

They played not to get blown out, and guess what? They got blown out. Limegrover does not belong on a B1G coaching staff. He needs to go.

Where did Indiana get there offense? I want that one.
At least under Wacker they were fun to watch on offense. Yes they lost a lot but they could score. Now we cant score, cant win and cant excite. ugly.

Great game from the offensive and defensive line players. Our secondary didn't make a play all game. Our talent in the secondary is absolute garbage.

We learned who our QB and leader is. I'm fine with the INT late. He will learn from that now that it is on film. We need better DE's to play our system. Our OL needs to stay healthy and grow together.

But we kept it close for a half this year.

And you didn't account for home field advantage. Those scores are actually about the same.

And we are saving our playbook for the bowl game.

I was much happier this week than last. At least they showed they'll have a shot to win some big 10 games this year. I think you all need to chill out.

When's the last time we saw the offense run the hurry up, or at least play with a little urgency. The game was probably out of reach at that point, but down 2 scores with 8 minutes to go you can't take 30-35 seconds to snap the ball every play.

When's the last time we saw the offense run the hurry up, or at least play with a little urgency. The game was probably out of reach at that point, but down 2 scores with 8 minutes to go you can't take 30-35 seconds to snap the ball every play.
I agree. Even though you are going to lose you have to instill fight in the players. Why not at least practice some hurry up. You might find that it works for some change of pace down the road.

I was much happier this week than last. At least they showed they'll have a shot to win some big 10 games this year. I think you all need to chill out.

Who do you think we'll beat?

I guess I don't share your optimism....we were completely manhandled in all phases of the game today against a Michigan team that struggled against UConn and Akron and an Iowa team that got worked by MSU today...

Huge improvement over Iowa game, which was a zombie display. Leidner had a good hand (despite pick six late) and is an obvious leader on the field - and he's only a frosh. No pass rush at all, plagued with penalties, overly cautious play-calling. I resent throwing away the 1:30 just before the half - offense should always be trying for a score.

Many members of the media in this City are ruthless and thrive on pouring salt in wounds. I am afraid this could be a very ugly week in the STrib regarding our coaching staff.

Many members of the media in this City are ruthless and thrive on pouring salt in wounds. I am afraid this could be a very ugly week in the STrib regarding our coaching staff.

If there aren't any cheap shots directed at Coach Kill than the coaching staff deserves to be criticized.

2-8 in the last two years in the Big Ten, with 7 of those 8 losses by at least 16+ points. Progress would at least be not losing by so much.

If there aren't any cheap shots directed at Coach Kill than the coaching staff deserves to be criticized.

Exactly. What do you expect the press to do? Praise this team's Big 10 performance? It seems to me that this coaching staff is in over their heads and they deserve all the criticism they get relating to the poor product on the field.

This program's direction is in trouble. It's going to be difficult for them to make a bowl game. Kill looks like he can't coach anymore. . .I'm upset.

I guess I don't share your optimism....we were completely manhandled in all phases of the game today against a Michigan team that struggled against UConn and Akron and an Iowa team that got worked by MSU today...

We got beat, yes. But 'completely manhandled'? Over-reacting on your part.

Our pass defense absolutely killed us today. Couldn't get off the field on third down. No rush, poor coverage. But I'm not sure about manhandled in all phases today. We outrushed them; first downs about even. I'm not trying to sugarcoat it. There's plenty to criticize. But take a breath.

We learned who our QB and leader is. I'm fine with the INT late. He will learn from that now that it is on film. We need better DE's to play our system. Our OL needs to stay healthy and grow together.

We learned who our QB should be. So that's something. Leidner has a better chance to win 2 more games than Nelson does. So that's something. Williams is becoming the go to guy and Woliartsky (sp) made another catch. We need to develop the receivers if we want to win. Defense played ok. We won't win next week though. So we should start gameplanning for the 2 possible games we can win, Penn St and Indiana.

42-13. That's pretty manhandled. Michigan beat the spread by 10 points.

Really? Did you even watch the game? Sweeping broad generalizations, while sound pretty good, are signs of laziness and ignorance.

Our pass defense absolutely killed us today. Couldn't get off the field on third down. No rush, poor coverage. But I'm not sure about manhandled in all phases today. We outrushed them; first downs about even. I'm not trying to sugarcoat it. There's plenty to criticize. But take a breath.

I'm sorry...but that sure sounds like a sugarcoating to me. Even if you throw out the pick 6 (which you shouldn't, because it happened..), it was still 35-13 against a team that struggled against Akron and UConn. This game wasn't close after halftime. I love my Gophers, but I call it like I see it.

Top Bottom