Tully55

Reaction score
Betting lines per VegasInsider.com:

Minn opened up + 10 now +9 to +9.5

Money line:
Minn opened up +290 now + 270 to +280
Mich opened up -375 now -340 to -355

o/u opened up 39.5 now 38 to 39

I would just put it all on Michigan giving up the points. No way we keep it under 14.
After the 2nd half against Iowa I can totally understand why people would think this way yet for whatever reason the bettors don't seem to be following suit because if they were then the line would be moving up to try and attract bets toward Minnesota in order to balance it out. Vegas doesn't tend to give away free money so the line on this game definitely feels strange.

Wisconsin is also a bottom big ten team this year, starting a backup QB who frankly doesn't belong in this conference. But maybe Fickell's T.E.A.M Jacket will inspire them to only lose by 15 :LOL:

Wisconsin is also a bottom big ten team this year, starting a backup QB who frankly doesn't belong in this conference. But maybe Fickell's T.E.A.M Jacket will inspire them to only lose by 15 :LOL:
Prettt funny a fanbase who makes fun or row the boat hired a guy whose gimmick isn’t even his own gimmick

Prettt funny a fanbase who makes fun or row the boat hired a guy whose gimmick isn’t even his own gimmick
Will be interesting to watch how their fanbase deals with things if Fickell can't push them past where Chryst had things.

After the 2nd half against Iowa I can totally understand why people would think this way yet for whatever reason the bettors don't seem to be following suit because if they were then the line would be moving up to try and attract bets toward Minnesota in order to balance it out. Vegas doesn't tend to give away free money so the line on this game definitely feels strange.
Yes, and maybe no. Full disclosure: I have a significant bet on Michigan -8.5.

When I looked yesterday, 85% of the money on FanDuel was on Michigan - yet the line had only moved to -9.5. Now it is at -10.5 with 88% of the $ on Michigan. I expected the line to move more faster, but it hasn't and it doesn't seem to be because bettors are putting $ on MN. My best guess is that there are some large bets on MI and the book is worried if they move the line too much they will create too big of a float for that money.

Yes, and maybe no. Full disclosure: I have a significant bet on Michigan -8.5.

When I looked yesterday, 85% of the money on FanDuel was on Michigan - yet the line had only moved to -9.5. Now it is at -10.5 with 88% of the $ on Michigan. I expected the line to move more faster, but it hasn't and it doesn't seem to be because bettors are putting $ on MN. My best guess is that there are some large bets on MI and the book is worried if they move the line too much they will create too big of a float for that money.
Very possible, I will never pretend to have more then a very base understand about how all the stuff with lines and what not works....not a gambler myself.

But on a side note....knowing you put down a bet against us will have some us pulling for Minnesota to win or at the very least keep the score tight knowing you will take it in the shorts.... :)

Very possible, I will never pretend to have more then a very base understand about how all the stuff with lines and what not works....not a gambler myself.

But on a side note....knowing you put down a bet against us will have some us pulling for Minnesota to win or at the very least keep the score tight knowing you will take it in the shorts.... :)
LOL. My son told me the same thing. 🤷‍♂️
Truth is this is only the 2nd time ever I have put $ down against MN. I hate doing it as I can't root against them while I watch. The first time was Penn State in 2022 (-4.5) and the second this game. I don't view this MI -8.5 as good of a bet as I did the PSU in 2022, but good enough to bet against MN. I've been wrong a bunch, but I just don't see how MN keeps this one close.

Top Bottom