Michigan Football Head Coach

Totally see this happening. He is a midwest guy, minus the accent. Great success at Grand Valley State before Cincinnati and Notre Dame.

You just heard the announcers say this. No basis for the move.
I posted this 3.5 hours pre game. It’s going around the ND Forums. I’m also a big ND fan. ‘IrishGoph’. Obviously I have no way of knowing if it’s true or not. Figured it would be a solid thread to speculate over. I for one can see it happening tho.

I posted this 3.5 hours pre game. It’s going around the ND Forums. I’m also a big ND fan. ‘IrishGoph’. Obviously I have no way of knowing if it’s true or not. Figured it would be a solid thread to speculate over. I for one can see it happening tho.
It's on the ND forums, it just doesn't make sense to me. Kelly is a better coach than he gets credit for, but if I'm Michigan and I'm willing to pay the kind of money it could cost to pry Kelly from LSU, I'd reach out to some of other folks first.

The way that I've read the rumor is that Kelly would leave LSU for Michigan. I don't think Michigan would be looking for Kelly.

It's on the ND forums, it just doesn't make sense to me. Kelly is a better coach than he gets credit for, but if I'm Michigan and I'm willing to pay the kind of money it could cost to pry Kelly from LSU, I'd reach out to some of other folks first.

The way that I've read the rumor is that Kelly would leave LSU for Michigan. I don't think Michigan would be looking for Kelly.
As Harbaugh said last night...Who's got it better than us - Nobody. I don't see him bolting.

As Harbaugh said last night...Who's got it better than us - Nobody. I don't see him bolting.
There just seems a ton of smoke about him being willing to go to the NFL. I wouldn't leave, if I were him, but he seems to be constantly flirting with the idea. Either that or I am falling for the BS put out by his agents when it comes time to negotiate.

PJ is not on any lists for this one...except who is not being considered.

Fine with me. Really curious how Coach responds to the "adversity" of this season, which apparently is still unfolding...

Doesn't Michigan have the potential to absolutely kill it in NIL especially if they win the national title? They are already killing it in the portal. Harbaugh can be the king of Michigan! He could have a permanent money advantage vs. almost any team in college football if he stayed vs. coaching a few years in the NFL and maybe getting fired. Teams in the NFL are so even with the salary cap and draft structure that a lot of whether you win or lose is out of your hands as a coach. Look at what happened to Bill Belichick in New England after he lost the GOAT? Everyone thought he was the best coach of all time and it just turned out maybe it was just the players after all.

Doesn't Michigan have the potential to absolutely kill it in NIL especially if they win the national title? They are already killing it in the portal. Harbaugh can be the king of Michigan! He could have a permanent money advantage vs. almost any team in college football if he stayed vs. coaching a few years in the NFL and maybe getting fired. Teams in the NFL are so even with the salary cap and draft structure that a lot of whether you win or lose is out of your hands as a coach. Look at what happened to Bill Belichick in New England after he lost the GOAT? Everyone thought he was the best coach of all time and it just turned out maybe it was just the players after all.
Doesn't every big brand school have that same chance?

Every Brian Kelly conversation needs to start with this. He killed a student.
I do not like Brian Kelly and maybe I'm missing info on the case, but it was my impression that Kelly was cleared from any wrongdoing. He didn't order the kid onto the tower and likely had no idea what kind of wind threshold it was designed to withstand. The family didn't sue or even blame Brian Kelly for their son's death.

I do not like Brian Kelly and maybe I'm missing info on the case, but it was my impression that Kelly was cleared from any wrongdoing. He didn't order the kid onto the tower and likely had no idea what kind of wind threshold it was designed to withstand. The family didn't sue or even blame Brian Kelly for their son's death.

Legal status aside—a student died because practice was held outdoors. Who made that decision? Thrilling answer is below.

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly said Saturday it was his decision to hold practice outdoors on a windy day when a student videographer died after the lift he was in fell over.

Kelly said that he decided the Irish could have a productive and safe practice on their outdoor practice fields last Wednesday, despite the wind. The National Weather Service said the breeze was gusting up to 51 mph at the time the tower that 20-year Declan Sullivan was in toppled to the ground.

Notre Dame had systems in place that deal with safety issues at practice but those systems failed and are being evaluated, Kelly said. Conditions including the heat index, lightning in the area and -- obviously -- wind, play into the decision whether to hold practice outside, he said.

Yeah it's a bit of a stretch to say he killed a person. Did he make a bad/uninformed decision that led to a tragic accident? Yes.

QB going with the MN/Clem Haskins "Everyone steals signs, we had to catch up to tOSU."

If the Gophers are stealing signs, they probably steal them from the wrong team!

QB going with the MN/Clem Haskins "Everyone steals signs, we had to catch up to tOSU."
Ok, now I'm officially cheering for Washington.

Legal status aside—a student died because practice was held outdoors. Who made that decision? Thrilling answer is below.

SOUTH BEND, Ind. -- Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly said Saturday it was his decision to hold practice outdoors on a windy day when a student videographer died after the lift he was in fell over.

Kelly said that he decided the Irish could have a productive and safe practice on their outdoor practice fields last Wednesday, despite the wind. The National Weather Service said the breeze was gusting up to 51 mph at the time the tower that 20-year Declan Sullivan was in toppled to the ground.

Notre Dame had systems in place that deal with safety issues at practice but those systems failed and are being evaluated, Kelly said. Conditions including the heat index, lightning in the area and -- obviously -- wind, play into the decision whether to hold practice outside, he said.
I'm not talking about legal status, I'm talking about common sense. If you think holding a practice outdoors equates to him killing someone, then we just disagree.

Top Bottom