Miami Central

getthemall

Reaction score
As most of you know, I am Hinojosa's father. So please, do not think that I'm here correcting, making excuses or bragging about him. Just want you to be comfortable in knowing that you are getting one the the top DL prospects in the state of Florida. Like you need a winning atheletes for your program, Jordan will produce.

Hope all of you are doing fine. After reading some post, let me say Miami Central's part.
Miami Central does have 4 commits to UM. The only one visiting was Hinojosa. Ballesteros' offer was taken off. Nicholson is working on his academics as is Hinds. Hinojosa will be attending UM Carlson School on 1/17/2011.

The week of the state game, Hinojosa was battling a stomach virus. As his #1 fan, this is no excuse. He should have been playing. With that said, if you were watching the game, please notice how Hinojosa was doubled and tripled. When he is getting that, I feel he is doing his job. Did Jordan play to his potential, no he didn't. Could it have been because of the vrus, I don't know. As a football fan, it should not have been. But $#it happens at unwanted times. If you look at you tube and search Jordan Hinojosa, you will see a very emotional man saying what he will do in UM.I understand there will be comments said about him up there. Heck, down here they call him a piece of $-hit for transferring to the #1 program in Dade County. I feel it's jealousy for being in an inner city school and starting coming from the burbs. And me, as his father, will fight back to the jealous parents and opposing schools here. About the letter, there was a rival school who sent Central a letter calling him a "Black Boy Want to be". That team got spanked by Central in the 2nd round of the playoffs, 42-19 with the final touchdown of the opposing team coming with about 5 minutes left in the 4th with our 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Here are Jordan's stats for the year.

13 sacks (his first sack coming in the fifth game of the season) 4th in Dade County
67 Tackles (29th in Dade County)
1 Interception

http://sportstrac.herald.com/sportstrac.aspx?action=leader&cty=dade&sportsid=5&mn=0

The above link will get you to the Miami Herald Stat Page.

As for your class, the type of kids you are getting from Florida, shows me the way Coaches Miller and Kill are going. I just spoke with a safety you had from '97-2000 by the name of Middlebrook, who went #24 in the first round, at the Nike Allstar practice today. He was telling me that UM was the perfect fit for Jordan. By the season start, Jordan will be at 295-300lbs chiseled (from his mouth to God's ears). Middlebrook told him the best decision he made was going to UM.

Now most of you know I practically never come on this blog, or from now on any blog because I hate to see negative stuff about one's child. Say anything about me because I don't care. I'm to old to worry about that. But my boy, that's different. Like I tell him, when they talk, be happy. At least you are on their minds. When you don't hear anything, then worry.

GENTLEMEN, may you have a Fantastic Holiday Season and Prosperous New Year. And I wish much success to you all. Will be there on the Spring game and hope to meet some of you there.

GOD Bless.

As most of you know, I am Hinojosa's father. So please, do not think that I'm here correcting, making excuses or bragging about him. Just want you to be comfortable in knowing that you are getting one the the top DL prospects in the state of Florida. Like you need a winning atheletes for your program, Jordan will produce.

Hope all of you are doing fine. After reading some post, let me say Miami Central's part.
Miami Central does have 4 commits to UM. The only one visiting was Hinojosa. Ballesteros' offer was taken off. Nicholson is working on his academics as is Hinds. Hinojosa will be attending UM Carlson School on 1/17/2011.

The week of the state game, Hinojosa was battling a stomach virus. As his #1 fan, this is no excuse. He should have been playing. With that said, if you were watching the game, please notice how Hinojosa was doubled and tripled. When he is getting that, I feel he is doing his job. Did Jordan play to his potential, no he didn't. Could it have been because of the vrus, I don't know. As a football fan, it should not have been. But $#it happens at unwanted times. If you look at you tube and search Jordan Hinojosa, you will see a very emotional man saying what he will do in UM.I understand there will be comments said about him up there. Heck, down here they call him a piece of $-hit for transferring to the #1 program in Dade County. I feel it's jealousy for being in an inner city school and starting coming from the burbs. And me, as his father, will fight back to the jealous parents and opposing schools here. About the letter, there was a rival school who sent Central a letter calling him a "Black Boy Want to be". That team got spanked by Central in the 2nd round of the playoffs, 42-19 with the final touchdown of the opposing team coming with about 5 minutes left in the 4th with our 2nd and 3rd stringers.

Here are Jordan's stats for the year.

13 sacks (his first sack coming in the fifth game of the season) 4th in Dade County
67 Tackles (29th in Dade County)
1 Interception

http://sportstrac.herald.com/sportstrac.aspx?action=leader&cty=dade&sportsid=5&mn=0

The above link will get you to the Miami Herald Stat Page.

As for your class, the type of kids you are getting from Florida, shows me the way Coaches Miller and Kill are going. I just spoke with a safety you had from '97-2000 by the name of Middlebrook, who went #24 in the first round, at the Nike Allstar practice today. He was telling me that UM was the perfect fit for Jordan. By the season start, Jordan will be at 295-300lbs chiseled (from his mouth to God's ears). Middlebrook told him the best decision he made was going to UM.

Now most of you know I practically never come on this blog, or from now on any blog because I hate to see negative stuff about one's child. Say anything about me because I don't care. I'm to old to worry about that. But my boy, that's different. Like I tell him, when they talk, be happy. At least you are on their minds. When you don't hear anything, then worry.

GENTLEMEN, may you have a Fantastic Holiday Season and Prosperous New Year. And I wish much success to you all. Will be there on the Spring game and hope to meet some of you there.

GOD Bless.

Hope to see him in class. Welcome to the U.

Miami Central does have 4 commits to UM. The only one visiting was Hinojosa. Ballesteros' offer was taken off. Nicholson is working on his academics as is Hinds.

First off, I think all of us are excited to see your son in the maroon and gold.

Can you elaborate a bit more on the above part, specifically the bolded? You seem to contradict yourself here.

Thanks for the insight! Looking forward to seeing what your son can do in the coming years, we can use a top DT.

Alot of the bulletpoints make sense. Hopefully the other Miami Central kids can work out.

As for the negative stuff, i can see where it must be tough. Message boards/blogs can be brutal, alot of internet tough guys and faceless critics.

Thanks for the update. This is the first I've heard about Ballesteros' offered being taken off. Seems like a lot of those early commits were of the "conditional" variety. I think signing day is gonna be very, very interesting. I'm excited about Hinojosa though, DT prospects, if they can be beasts at some point, can change your defense up, especially in the run game.

As a season ticket holder I'm excited to watch your son develop at the UofM. He's got a bright future. I think your approach to the negativity is spot on. Have a happy holiday and see you at the spring game!

As always the updates are appreciated getthemall. Like others have said your insight makes a lot of sense, and I'm excited to see Hinojosa play maybe even as early as next year.

And congrats to the boys on a great senior season. From the sounds of it they had a pretty dominant run up to the championship game.

Sounds like we are getting a great kid at the U and he will be going to a great school... win win and thanks for the update, I know we really appreciate it. Looking forward to spring ball too.

Sounds like he had a heckuva season and we can't wait to have him aboard! Thanks for the post, and any Gopher fan that has anything negative to say about one of our own recruits, especially with Jordan's ability, is a damn-fool.

Hope you get lot's of Maroon and Gold for christmas :cool:

Thanks getthemall

The past season Kim Royston's dad would often post on this blog. I really appreciated the opportunity to get his perspective as a parent. We sometime forget that these are young men that have a lot challenges. They need our support and our thanks.

Your son seems to have the same passion Kim had. I am looking forward to having the opportunity to watch your son hopefully for several seasons. He should be in good hands with Coach Kill and his staff. Watching Coach Kill progress this past season made me realize that he is truly a very special coach and it gives me great hope for the future. See you this coming spring!

I was wondering why your son was the only one of the four in the starting lineup. I watched the game up here on one of the dish channels. Now wondering if Nicholson and Hinds are still planning on coming or if the gophers still expect them to come. Nice to hear from you.

First off, I think all of us are excited to see your son in the maroon and gold.

Can you elaborate a bit more on the above part, specifically the bolded? You seem to contradict yourself here.
I think he left out a "not" in there.

I just spoke with a safety you had from '97-2000 by the name of Middlebrook, who went #24 in the first round, at the Nike Allstar practice today. He was telling me that UM was the perfect fit for Jordan. By the season start, Jordan will be at 295-300lbs chiseled (from his mouth to God's ears). Middlebrook told him the best decision he made was going to UM.
Willie Middlebrooks is my all-time favorite Gopher! How do you stop a receiver from catching a deep ball? Just push him over.

Or perhaps there are still 4 commits, but the offers are tenuous, waiting on test scores, etc
If they took away someone's offer, they don't have 4 commits. You can't commit without an offer.

Great post Gopher Dad! Look forward to having your son, a great student and we hope an equally good athlete, at the "U". Hope your family has a great holiday.

Thanks getthemall! I urge you to keep posting here. We all really appreciate your updates.

Happy Holidays!

My bad. Josh lost his scholarship. Samad scholarship? Nicholson, grades. His scholarship?

We all will find out on Feb. 1

Congratulations to your son on a great choice to come and play and study at the "U". You have a very good impressionable kid in Jordan.

Coach Kill & company will turn your son into a great collegiate football player, and more importantly they will instill values that will serve Jordan well the rest of his life.

We are excited and looking forward to see him in maroon and gold!

Yeah, if I was a player or a parent I wouldn't read any of the blogs or articles...good or bad...they don't really matter. What matters is how your teammates love you and how your coaches evaluate you and how your opponents respect you.

You weren't making excuses. I figured something was up with his health, a HS kid who has played all season doesn't start getting cramps in December unless something's up. Miami Central had a great year, one of the top 10 teams in the country.

As for your son, I think he's got a great chance to earn early PT here (especially with him coming up early). Make sure he doesn't get too discouraged with the weather, it gets better.

I'm hoping this class also includes Nicholson, from his youtubes, he REALLY looks like a player. I

I'm very excited to have Jordan coming to MN. He seems like a great kid, student, and athlete. I hope he has a great career here, I'll be cheering for him!!

Also getthemall, if you're ever up for a game, a lot of us on Gopherhole tailgate and all that stuff. Let Gopherhole know, and you'll get some good invites.

Also getthemall, if you're ever up for a game, a lot of us on Gopherhole tailgate and all that stuff. Let Gopherhole know, and you'll get some good invites.

He will most likely tailgate with the other players parents. Not sure where they do now, but it used to be in the GLC lot.

Watched some video on Hinojosa - looks like a fast kid that moves well. We need all the help\depth on the D-line that we can get.

Thanks for the update. I too look forward to watching Jordan play for the Gophers. Any update on Darreal Joyner? Is he still solid with West Virgina?

Thanks for the update getthemall. Jordan sounds like a great kid who already bleeds maroon and gold. Can't wait to see him progress.

THanks for the reminder to many of the negative critics on this board that players, friends, and family do read these message boards getthemail. I for one have been, and still am, very excited that your son is coming to the U. I belive he has a chance to be a very special player up here. Go Gophs!

Love the update.

I can't wait to see your son on the football field. And being a current Carlson student myself, I'll probably see him around West Bank.

Go Gophers!

Getthemall - You have made some great choices here - top notch business community, one of the best business schools in the country, and a sleeping giant football program that needs top kids from around the country such as your son. Nice job !

Top Bottom