Megan on whether Fleck will be here in 5 years

Well, she is a beat reporter for the home town team. What she decides to comment on in a blog post does carry weight as it pertains to the team because of her position, insight, and relationships she's formed on the job - which, coincidentally, this forum is dedicated to discussing.

You've claimed you've made similar comments about the qualifications of other male reporters, but with 1500 comments on this forum, and with years with Chip, Myron, Fuller, Greder, and countless other males that have been beat writers in the past, there's not one example you point to that supports your claim that you've made similar comments of past male reporters. So, if you don't want to be called a sexist, stop acting like a sexist. If it makes you feel better by dismissing the criticism as being with a "left wing" slant without taking any responsibility for your actions and viewpoints, all the power to you.

Your views, not mine. You are seeing what you want to see. In the last five months I have not attacked Chip, Myron, Fuller, Greder on this site. Nor have I praised one of them. Nor have I even read one of them. Why would I? Like Megan, I view them as low knowledge people when compared to those who know the game. I have praised and "Liked" Daniel House mamy times not because he is some super male, but he is a person who knows a lot about the game. Now go back to your need to name call. Sexist, Racist, whateverist.

Whoa....lets move forward and let this thread be.

We need a policeman on some of these threads. Bleed maybe you can get these threads back to normal. Absolutely ridiculous.

Bleed should be paying me for all the hits I have generated for this site today. 92 posts on an absolutely nothing OP.

Your views, not mine. You are seeing what you want to see. In the last five months I have not attacked Chip, Myron, Fuller, Greder on this site. Nor have I praised one of them. Nor have I even read one of them. Why would I? Like Megan, I view them as low knowledge people when compared to those who know the game. I have praised and "Liked" Daniel House mamy times not because he is some super male, but he is a person who knows a lot about the game. Now go back to your need to name call. Sexist, Racist, whateverist.
And yet you just had to post about Megan ?

Bleed should be paying me for all the hits I have generated for this site today. 92 posts on an absolutely nothing OP.
So? I doubt if Bleed appreciates all this. He's a Gopher fan who only wants to hear good things. Have you ever seen a negative post from Bleed?

What is there about Megan that makes her an authority on football, Coach Fleck or, indeed, anything? Isn't she just a young woman working as a sport reporter? Does she live at the Fleck home? Have extensive experience at sport reporting? Has dated a football player once, twice? Seen 28 Gopher football games? What regarding what? Megan's thoughts for today about nuclear war with North Korea?
nice comments from a grumpy old man...can't expect anything less. BTW...you're a douchebag...literally. You should think about that. Don't you have anything else to do?

The bottom line:

Fleck can stay for the long haul which IMHO is a real deal for his legacy. He is proving he can recruit from here. A national championship will be within reach if he continues to improve the recruiting classes.

He can chose to go to one of the perennial power house school where he can get 4 & 5 star players without much effort. The down side is that fans and boosters have very high expectations. A nine win season can get you fired in some places.

Meghan's take is that we don't know. We hope that he decides to stay for the long haul.

It would seem we are safe for this season. I think he'll see his current 5th ranked recruiting class to the December finish line. One day at a time. Hopefully, there is a season.
Times they are a changing....
Grab an oar, #RTB

I know who Fran Tarkenton is. But whoever you two are referring to is a mystery to me
And just like that! You have totally redeemed yourself!!! Way to go Loyd. I mean MinneStoa!

Does anybody really know what this thread is about, does anybody really care?

About time?

No. This thread is proof that it is totally wasted.

While nobody would dispute that Daniel House knows a lot about football are you trying to imply that Megan doesn't? She has been hired in two different states to cover the local college football team in a print medium which is not making decisions based on the person's appearance but rather on their ability to write and their knowledge of the subject matter. So she must have some clue what she is talking about.
lol, you saying that a media organization is not going to take a person's gender into account when hiring a reporter? in 2020? i dont know who megan is, and im sure she knows her stuff, but to say that her being a woman had zero to do with her being hired is naive.

lol, you saying that a media organization is not going to take a person's gender into account when hiring a reporter? in 2020? i dont know who megan is, and im sure she knows her stuff, but to say that her being a woman had zero to do with her being hired is naive.

For a PRINT medium to hire a female beat reporter it actually makes me think she knows her stuff even more. Because you take the risk in hiring a female to cover football that you will turn off some of your mostly male audience who feels there is no way a girl could possibly know anything about football. We aren't talking TV where looks obviously matter and play into those decisions far more.

For a PRINT medium to hire a female beat reporter it actually makes me think she knows her stuff even more. Because you take the risk in hiring a female to cover football that you will turn off some of your mostly male audience who feels there is no way a girl could possibly know anything about football. We aren't talking TV where looks obviously matter and play into those decisions far more.
edit: nm

According to "Shooter", Fleck is on the Notre Dame radar should Kelly have a bad year.

According to "Shooter", Fleck is on the Notre Dame radar should Kelly have a bad year.
Well, after they back a dump truck full of cash up in front of Urban Meyer's house and say "where do you want it?". I'm sure there's a handful of other coaches that would be in the mix as well.

I still doubt that it is a good fit for either side, but I could at least see it happening more than some of the other schools that have gotten thrown out there.

It would be the ultimate kick in the seeds if ND took a coach that was seemingly turning the Gophers around again. But this is another one that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole. They've had one season in the last 5 without 10+ wins and were in NY6 Bowls 3 of those 5. He had ND in the National Championship game in the 2012 season. One "bad" season, and he's gone? Why would you want to deal with that?

Can you point to me where you have questioned whether a male got a sports reporting job based on who they dated? I'll hang up and wait for a reply.
Hold on, so in order for Veritas to prove he’s not sexist...you need him to ask the same of a male sports reporter? Is there a thread you can direct Veritas to so that he could fulfill that request?

Just as a reminder, since you are now shifting your argument to try and make it seem like your issue was with something different. You wrote:

"What is there about Megan that makes her an authority on football, Coach Fleck or, indeed, anything? Isn't she just a young woman working as a sport reporter? Does she live at the Fleck home? Have extensive experience at sport reporting? Has dated a football player once, twice? Seen 28 Gopher football games?"

By that standard there would not be a single person qualified to write about Gopher Football. And yet you think Daniel House is a proven expert and have not gone after Chip as far as I know. But I am sure it has nothing to do with gender.

Gotta love these Veritas threads. Will give you credit for you willingness to stick to your guns and reply to everyone....I guess there is something good about that.....maybe....

And I will go back to something I said earlier. It should tell you something that nobody is coming to your defense or agreeing with you....
There could be many reasons people aren’t coming to his defense and/or openly agreeing with him. Maybe one reason being: to avoid the mob of overly sensitive children around here. I don’t even care about any of this. I’m not paying to read Star Tribune online, so I can’t read the full piece. the specific quoted response from the article by Megan (whoever she is) was weak sauce. It was pretty meaningless and uninformative. Just a bunch of babble. I see Veritas’ point about reporters interviewing reporters. I wouldn’t go to a reporter for economics info over an economist. I think that’s probably what Veritas was trying to say, but I can’t speak for him. It does get old seeing the social justice warriors rush to the scene to save GH from weak examples of “sexism”, or in other threads “racism”. I sense a strong lack of cojones in the GH ranks.

I don’t get this idea that Fleck would leave for Notre Dame. Is he going to give up the RTB culture? All of his stamps he puts on everything (literally everything)? I don’t see Notre Dame, in all of their wondrous tradition, letting Fleck stamp RTB and oars anywhere on those gold helmets. No way he’d be given the reins like he has been here.

I think he stays unless he gets an offer from the NFL.

I don’t get this idea that Fleck would leave for Notre Dame. Is he going to give up the RTB culture? All of his stamps he puts on everything (literally everything)? I don’t see Notre Dame, in all of their wondrous tradition, letting Fleck stamp RTB and oars anywhere on those gold helmets. No way he’d be given the reins like he has been here.
He's not going anywhere soon. I agree that ND is not a fit for either. I think he has already toned down the public RTB stuff. To me, the best helmet school fit for Fleck is USC.

Hold on, so in order for Veritas to prove he’s not sexist...you need him to ask the same of a male sports reporter? Is there a thread you can direct Veritas to so that he could fulfill that request?

Wrong. He can prove he is not sexist by not making sexist comments. Goodbye

I’ll say this - I am confident Fleck will be here in 5 years and that he will be here in 15 years... I’m actually more confident that Fleck will still be here in 25 years than I am confident of where I’ll be in 25 years.

He's not going anywhere soon. I agree that ND is not a fit for either. I think he has already toned down the public RTB stuff. To me, the best helmet school fit for Fleck is USC.
Yeah I’d have to agree

Top Bottom