Media Prediction Thread: Minnesota at Purdue

BleedGopher

Reaction score
Hammer and Rails is first out of the gate with an early prediction:

Way-too-early Prediction

I hope Purdue plays pissed off in this one. Last year’s game was stolen from them. The last two games have been close affairs where both teams were in the 30s and I can see it happening again. I think Purdue comes out on top by what last year’s score should have been. Purdue 38, Minnesota 34

Go Gophers!!

Ignore any laments, predictions or causes for anger that mentions last year's football season.
It never should have been played.

Hammer and Rails is first out of the gate with an early prediction:

Way-too-early Prediction

I hope Purdue plays pissed off in this one. Last year’s game was stolen from them. The last two games have been close affairs where both teams were in the 30s and I can see it happening again. I think Purdue comes out on top by what last year’s score should have been. Purdue 38, Minnesota 34

Go Gophers!!
I’m not sure how someone can argue 2019 was a close game. It wasn’t a blowout by any means but…morgan had more touchdowns than incompletions

it was 38-17 entering the 4th quarter and Purdue never had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead

"It's tough to swallow," Minnesota coach Glen Mason said. "I don't know how they get it off in 1 second. The only way is to snap it on the whistle. That did not happen. Fact."

Tiller disagreed.

"I specifically watched it," he said. "When he chopped the clock, the ball was on the way."

2001 loss to Purdue. If the ball was on the way when "he" the ref chopped the clock, it would have been a penalty and re kick 5 yards farther.

Purdue site saying how they need to handle business against Illinois and Oregon st so they can go 4-1?

How are they even favored in those games??? The beavers are good. Illinois has some pieces. Purdue hasnt proven anything since brohm got here.

Get real...

Two years ago we let them back in the game after going up huge.

It will be another tough game, and a critically important one.

Two years ago we let them back in the game after going up huge.

It will be another tough game, and a critically important one.
Meh, I expect we’ll have our way offensively as usual, they’ll try to keep up. Purdue has scored exactly 31 points in 4 of the last five meetings, and only won one of those games.

I’m not sure how someone can argue 2019 was a close game. It wasn’t a blowout by any means but…morgan had more touchdowns than incompletions

it was 38-17 entering the 4th quarter and Purdue never had the ball with a chance to tie or take the lead
That was a battle of attrition with Purdue on the losing side. In one play, the Gopher Defense knocked out both WR Rondale Moore and QB Elijah Sandelar IIRC.

Last edited:

That was a battle of attrition with Purdue on the losing side. In one play, the Gopher Defense knocked out both WR Rondale Moore and QB Elijah Sandelar IIRC.

Again I don’t think it was a blowout. But the last time purdue had the ball down 8 or less was with 6:55 left in the second quarter. Not a blowout but not a close game.

We can maybe take the credit for Sindelar, probably not Moore though.

We can maybe take the credit for Sindelar, probably not Moore though.
I don't see how we could possible take credit for Moore .... he stumbled, landed awkwardly, and hyper-extended his knee, without contact.

Meh, I expect we’ll have our way offensively as usual, they’ll try to keep up. Purdue has scored exactly 31 points in 4 of the last five meetings, and only won one of those games.
And that one win came when we started a walkon Rhoda at QB and had absolutely no depth at all and yet we still were driving at the end of the game to tie.

If there is one B1G team we can say we've had their number in recent history, it would be Purdue.
Yup. I'm pretty much done picking MN to beat Iowa or Wisc in the preseason until I see it happen a few more times, but I'll also never pick them to lose to Purdue, Nebraska, or Illinois at this point.

Yup. I'm pretty much done picking MN to beat Iowa or Wisc in the preseason until I see it happen a few more times, but I'll also never pick them to lose to Purdue, Nebraska, or Illinois at this point.
When the day comes when they beat them with regularity, we know that Gopher Football has arrived. The Gophers are knocking at their doorsteps. Let's see a Big Ten Title. Gopher Nation will have tears of joy.

Expect the Gophers stock to rise as they put more players into the NFL. IMHO, they are an excellent developmental program that we hope will attract the next AWJr and RB, etc...

Will be interesting, and potentially scary, if Berty can turn Champaign into another Madison.

Brohm has tried to run Purdue like he would run Louisville, and it hasn't worked.

Frost maybe a similar thing, but has worked even less well.

When the day comes when they beat them with regularity, we know that Gopher Football has arrived. The Gophers are knocking at their doorsteps. Let's see a Big Ten Title. Gopher Nation will have tears of joy.
I feel like Ohio St is at a level that few programs outside that level now can ever break through the barriers to entry. Clemson was a special case, I think.

But getting to Indy, would really be a great accomplishment and step for this program.

Top Bottom