Media Prediction Thread: Minnesota at Purdue

My feeling as well, the terrible calls negated each other.
although it was hidden from the tv angle on that play, the ref that called the PI on Purdue had a perfect view from the far side end zone. I've watched it many times and it is definitely hard to see from the tv angle, as I said, but it was definitely a push-off.

What's forgotten in all of the call controversy....it did not win the game for the Gophers. It took points of the board for Purdue, but it did not end the game.

The call didn't force Purdue to promptly throw an INT on 1st down from the Gophers 35 with plenty of time & still one time out. PLUS....they were only down 3. They could have easily gotten into position to at least tie the game & force OT. I'm not saying Fleck would definitely be able to calm down the Gophers in the same situation as it definitely was an emotional swing, but it was clear that Purdue took a cue from Brohm on that one. Focus on what you can control. Instead, Purdue, both coaches & players, decided to turtle & play the blame game.

What's forgotten in all of the call controversy....it did not win the game for the Gophers. It took points of the board for Purdue, but it did not end the game.

The call didn't force Purdue to promptly throw an INT on 1st down from the Gophers 35 with plenty of time & still one time out. PLUS....they were only down 3. They could have easily gotten into position to at least tie the game & force OT. I'm not saying Fleck would definitely be able to calm down the Gophers in the same situation as it definitely was an emotional swing, but it was clear that Purdue took a cue from Brohm on that one. Focus on what you can control. Instead, Purdue, both coaches & players, decided to turtle & play the blame game.
Absolutely. Plus there's no guarantee that we wouldn't have marched down the field on their leaky defense to gain the lead back after they scored.

It would've put Purdue up and forced the Gophers to go win the game with a TD, with 0:52 left.

I think most people would not be surprised if the Gophers lose that. But, your point stands as correct.

Purdue also missed the game tying FG I think on the previous drive.

Top Bottom