Mbakwe goes down....ugly too

Reusse just stated on espn1500 that he didn't think Trevor's injury was that bad and he would be back for Big Ten season.

Let's all hope that Reusse is right once again.;)

Reusse just stated on espn1500 that he didn't think Trevor's injury was that bad and he would be back for Big Ten season.

What would Reusse know? I wonder when the last time was he even saw his knees? I mean the guy must need a mirror to even find his schlong.

Joking aside, who knows. For all we know it could be the whole triad.

Unless they changed the rules IIRC you can only get a medical hardship if you have a redshirt year available or if the first redshirt was used because of injury. Unless the U can come up with a medical condition from Trevor's redshirt year (and Joel Maturi is not a medical condition) then I do not think that he would get an extra year. The question is also whether or not he would use that year.

As a Badger fan who comes over here to talk recruiting/ recruiting info I just want to say that this sucks for him, the team, you guys, and me as I enjoyed watching him play.

This is a valid point - typically, the NCAA only allows a 6th year if two of the years were lost due to injury. However, it's done on a case by case basis, and I suspect that if Trevor's case was put before them, the fact that his other lost year was due to legal allegations that were eventually thrown out would make it likely that he'd get an extra season.

Having said that, I agree with the general consensus that he won't be back even if he's out for the season and can get that extra year.

Top Bottom