Mbakwe goes down....ugly too

pharmacygopher

114 Row 11
Reaction score
Hardly putting weight on it...crap. Knees/legs don't bend that way

Season is done. Why does this always happen to us?

He's done. Does this affect Tubby's decision to redshirt Mo?

That look when he got off the court on his face was just awful. He looked like he was about to cry and I wanted to cry too. It's like he knew his season/college career was done. Let's hope not.

That one play might doom this season. I really hope its not an ACL that would end Trevor's Gopher career. :(

If that ends up being his ACL, our year is over before it even started. Without him we'll be bad...I'm talking Iowa bad.

That one play might doom this season. I really hope its not an ACL that would end Trevor's Gopher career. :(

I'm not usually one to overreact to situations like this, but honestly, would it be at all surprising? This is, after all, Minnesota basketball. Anything that can go wrong, will. And it's getting almost comical.

This game is over for sure. The players are still shocked to see their leader limp off the court.

The only thing we can hope for is that it is just a minor knee injury for Mbakwe. It didn't look good though.

Mbakwe tearing up on the sidelines. This is heartbreaking.

Just throwing ideas out there. Say it's worst case scenario and he's out for the year....is he eligible for a hardship waiver?? Would he even want to??

Well, if it is a season ending injury, he could get an extra year of eligibility since it happened so early in the season, right?

Just throwing ideas out there. Say it's worst case scenario and he's out for the year....is he eligible for a hardship waiver?? Would he even want to??

He's 22 years old. Will be 23 in 2 months. I've gotta imagine he wants to start making some money in the NBA. If he stayed another year, he'd be nearly 25 before getting his first paycheck.

very disappointing for Mbakwe for sure but if he is out for the season the prospects for the team are roughly the same. they were picked to finish in the bottom of the B1G with him regardless. besides the fact they are getting worked by a team picked to finish 6th in the A-10.

on the bright side, tubby now has an alibi for this season.

He's 22 years old. Will be 23 in 2 months. I've gotta imagine he wants to start making some money in the NBA. If he stayed another year, he'd be nearly 25 before getting his first paycheck.

That's why I threw in the would he want to...Who has better draft stock, a 23 year old Mbakwe coming off a knee injury with uncertain health/skills or a 24 y/o Mbakwe having a rebound year proving his health/recovery and skills (all assumptions)....this is all speculation, hopefully he's not done for the year.

This will push every Gopher fan to the edge. Right now, I'm just completely shocked. Then I'm going to get pissed and then I'm going to get a little sad. Why? Why does this happen to the program? It's honestly bizarre. Someone should seriously do a documentary on the Gopher men's basketball program since Tubby took over. What a crazy ride! So many twists and turns. Talk about a downward spiral. This program is in an inescapable abyss right now. Shambles, just shambles.

Well, if it is a season ending injury, he could get an extra year of eligibility since it happened so early in the season, right?

I'm pretty sure that a minute played in the season means no redshirt in basketball.

That's why I threw in the would he want to...Who has better draft stock, a 23 year old Mbakwe coming off a knee injury with uncertain health/skills or a 24 y/o Mbakwe having a rebound year proving his health/recovery and skills (all assumptions)....this is all speculation, hopefully he's not done for the year.

he won't get drafted if they haven't seen him play a full season post-injury

Just what we needed; another million dollar loss in ticket revenues.

I'm pretty sure that a minute played in the season means no redshirt in basketball.
Not true.

I believe if the player competes in less than 30% of the total games played for the season, they can apply for, and typically receive a medical hardship waiver.

Top Bottom