Maybe 2/3 of Recruiting Class Done This Weekend

akgopher

Reaction score
Frank Williams comes to town this weekend. Another 80 degree weekend and hopefully the Brew Crew doesn't get spanked Saturday so the mood is festive.

Eliason and Williams would make a good class if we can get Joseph/McCallum. A nice class if Releford is added. I think Tubby holds serve if he signs those two and puts the other in the bank. An occasional class of complementary players is okay too.

I read on another site that he was traveling elsewhere this weekend. Are you sure Williams is traveling to MN?

Williams is not visiting MN this weekend, but Hollins is visiting campus this weekend.

Haven't found much on Hollins. Anyone have any info?

Hollins

Just a hunch. Hollins will be the next to verbally commit.

Just a hunch. Hollins will be the next to verbally commit.

I doubt it will be soon as he says to GI:
When asked if he could commit to Minnesota after a good visit Austin replied:

"No, not yet. I'm going to wait. I plan on making an early decision but I'm playing it by ear."

Williams is not visiting MN this weekend, but Hollins is visiting campus this weekend.

Haven't found much on Hollins. Anyone have any info?

4.0 student. One of Top 5 players in Memphis last winter. Under The Radar nationally. Played F in HS but will be SG in college. Averaged 16 ppg as HS junior.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/jun/20/hollins-earns-accolades/

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/51471197.html

Here are a couple of great articles on Austin Hollins.

Per rivals

4 star, with offers from Minnesota, Arkansas, Memphis, and Oregon St.

I doubt it will be soon as he says to GI:
When asked if he could commit to Minnesota after a good visit Austin replied:

"No, not yet. I'm going to wait. I plan on making an early decision but I'm playing it by ear."

Translation: "I'm desperately hoping that a big time program will step up and save me from having to settle for a school like friggin' Minnesota."

Translation: "I'm desperately hoping that a big time program will step up and save me from having to settle for a school like friggin' Minnesota."

Really? So a big school like say Memphis? Oh wait they've already offered.

Nope. He doesn't have a rating yet.

Rising 3 star according to one of the articles linked above.....

AUSTIN HOLLINS FILE

High school: Germantown

Height/Weight: 6-4, 170

Position: Shooting guard

Rankings: Scout.com ranks him a three-star prospect.

Williams is being slow played by MN, not sure if he will ever make it too campus. I would say the odds are pretty strong that Hollins will be commit #2. I would imagine it will go down like Elliason did, go home and take a few days to talk it over with family first. If he doesn't, then mN will move on to other guards like Williams. Tubby has already shown that he won't wait for guys to play games.

Top Bottom