Maxx Williams - How Good is He?

And that is why I don't think there is any chance he leaves after this year. Why would he leave to be a 5th round pick?

I'm not saying that he leaves so he can be drafted in round 5, just that anyone who is good enough to be the top tight end in the B1G will probably be drafted no later than that. I'm not predicting he will leave, just saying that it's possible. When you start to get good players in your program and redshirt them, they can go pro a lot earlier than people hope. The odds he leaves after this year are probably 5%.... tops. My overall point was that our tight end depth is very nice, but not as excessive as some think who believe it's a foregone conclusion that 1-2 of this year's recruits are going to need to switch positions.

Most people aren't saying he is going pro after this year. The people that are saying he will go pro are thinking after his junior year.

I'm not saying that he leaves so he can be drafted in round 5, just that anyone who is good enough to be the top tight end in the B1G will probably be drafted no later than that. I'm not predicting he will leave, just saying that it's possible. When you start to get good players in your program and redshirt them, they can go pro a lot earlier than people hope. The odds he leaves after this year are probably 5%.... tops. My overall point was that our tight end depth is very nice, but not as excessive as some think who believe it's a foregone conclusion that 1-2 of this year's recruits are going to need to switch positions.
Saying that Maxx might leave after this year ignores the fact that his father played in the NFL and is uniquely positioned to advise him. While it's possible that Maxx could leave the reality of the situation is that he won't. Leaving after his Junior year is really dependent Maxx's projected draft position. I would guess that anything less than top half of the first round he stays an additional year.

The cart is WAY out ahead of the horse on March 19, 2014. Good luck to the young man. He is going to have to help make a LOT of the other players on this team a LOT better just by his presence AND his accomplishments on the field than he has done to this point in time. He hasn't even really impressed the guy who is calling the plays for my Gophers enough to get his own number called often enough to do the kind of stuff that would make him a really popular guy with those head nfl talking heads who hype the draft and make their projections. BUT, some of the head talkers around this site are weighing in "big time..."

Just help beat the stinking badgers in 2014 Maxx. Now THAT would be something to talk about!

The only way Maxx goes early is if he gets his degree and is All B1G. Either if the next two years. His folks aren't letting him go without the diploma.

The cart is WAY out ahead of the horse on March 19, 2014. Good luck to the young man. He is going to have to help make a LOT of the other players on this team a LOT better just by his presence AND his accomplishments on the field than he has done to this point in time. He hasn't even really impressed the guy who is calling the plays for my Gophers enough to get his own number called often enough to do the kind of stuff that would make him a really popular guy with those head nfl talking heads who hype the draft and make their projections. BUT, some of the head talkers around this site are weighing in "big time..."

Just help beat the stinking badgers in 2014 Maxx. Now THAT would be something to talk about!

Trying to parse this sentence gave me a headache.

As MinneStoa stated about the following quote below from wren "Trying to parse this sentence gave me a headache." That reminded me of the old Excedrin ad, i.e this would be is Excedrin headache number 107.

I'm saying that of all the posters that do think he might go early think he would leave after his junior year instead of next year.

If only that were true. See page one of this thread...

Top Bottom