Matthew Hurt

You think he would give up K, Duke, winning, maybe a final 4 to play here. Would love it if that happened.

Not saying he's going to transfer here or anywhere else, but giving up Coach K would be easy for him in the hypothetical scenario that he doesn't like him. Not uncommon for underachieving players to dislike their coach and want a change.

Coach Beilein has had a lot of success with bigs who can shoot. Just a thought.

Same reason he is not coming now.

Yes, I agree, we have too many entitled, self centered babies in our current culture.

Sometimes taking the easy path and getting helecoptered into a top 3 program to grease the skids for a 3 year NBA payday, is a lot easier than building something from less than ideal circumstances. The ego gets a nice boost as well, even for dear father, who gets stroked by K.

Maybe this experience will help Father Hurt and his prized son build some character, work ethic, and much needed humility.

Yes, I agree, we have too many entitled, self centered babies in our current culture.

Sometimes taking the easy path and getting helecoptered into a top 3 program to grease the skids for a 3 year NBA payday, is a lot easier than building something from less than ideal circumstances. The ego gets a nice boost as well, even for dear father, who gets stroked by K.

Maybe this experience will help Father Hurt and his prized son build some character, work ethic, and much needed humility.
Or maybe he wanted to play in a good program for a great coach.

Does not matter what we want, he will not pick here. He would have so many wonderful choices.

I think he should transfer to Wisconsin. They have a really great coach there, so I have heard. Plus he is a white guy, I think at least based on the Hurt brother we have leading our team.

I think he should transfer to Wisconsin. They have a really great coach there, so I have heard. Plus he is a white guy, I think at least based on the Hurt brother we have leading our team.
I do not think he should leave for UW from Duke. They are out of scholarships and at Duke he has one to one of best schools in the world. Could care less what color his skin is, what religion he practices. As a minority raised in a bohemian home we were taught to never judge anyone by pigmentation. You heard UW had a great coach. Other coaches have talking about it for while. Now, as of today fans can tell.

I'm just going to call it like I see it...he has been a glorified cheerleader for the majority of the season at Duke.

Hurt should return to Duke next year if he is in line for more PT or declare this summer. A sit-out year would be a bad idea.

He looks a lot like the wi players

Guys who are rated where he was rated coming out of HS more often than not, opt for the NBA independent of the results of their college season. I wouldn't be shocked if Hurt returned to Duke for a sophomore year but I'd bet it's like 55/45 NBA or return to Duke. Him transferring somewhere would blow me away.

Not saying that wouldn't be beneficial, but many guys coming out that are ranked that highly see it much more businesslike and are driven by earnings rather than the experience.

I do not think he should leave for UW from Duke. They are out of scholarships and at Duke he has one to one of best schools in the world. Could care less what color his skin is, what religion he practices. As a minority raised in a bohemian home we were taught to never judge anyone by pigmentation. You heard UW had a great coach. Other coaches have talking about it for while. Now, as of today fans can tell.

Nice story, it is a good thing you did not grow up in southern Virginia.

There is a 1% chance he would be drafted, even 2nd round.
Duke was the plan to play one year and be a lottery pick.
Whoops.
Yup.
I’m honestly embarrassed by the guy. All that talk of one and done and “I need to go where my talents will be showcased and will best prepare me for the NBA.”

now he’s riding the pine and won’t sniff the NBA this year. What a joke

He is losing minutes to a walk on. However, humbling that may be, I wouldn’t rule out him getting drafted. Potential is what teams look for. Everybody thinks they can resurrect the misunderstood talented guy.
He can shoot 3’s...it’s a thing for lots of teams.

Can't a lot of guys shoot 3s though? An NBA point guard could be hidden on Hurt because Charmin Ultra soft. Who cares if he can make a spot up 3-pointer if he can't guard anybody, doesn't rebound and can't screen or get a shot off unless it's completely wide open?

I think he'll leave no matter what and ultimately end up as a G-League type for a few years, but objectively, what is the draw for an NBA GM to take him over a big man who can shoot maybe 80-90 percent as well plus do something else like guard somebody or rebound?

Top Bottom