Should Matt Simon be the new OC?

• Yes

Votes: 37 54.4%
  • Heck Yes

Votes: 27 39.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters
Best play calling by far that I can remember in a Gopher game... very aggressive and left it all out on the field, just like a "big time" program is expected to do!!!!

I think PJ will want to give it to an internal guy if he feels he is capable of handling the job.

He wants to make it attractive for "up and coming" assistant coaches to join our staff. You always want the best talent to be attracted to your program. The best way to do that is to show that success is rewarded by advancement here at the U or into other P5 programs. Bringing in an outside hire, above capable internal candidates, will discourages any ambitious young coaches from joining the staff. Nothing kills moral more than working your ass off to build a program and then having someone else hired in new to take the promotion you were working on.

He did an awesome job today. Loved including tight ends in our offense. BUT I still think other candidates should be considered. Not saying it shouldn't be Simon but I don't think this one game should guarantee him the job.

He (they) led the team today with diverse play calling and tenacity. You always look better when it works - balls are caught, blocks are made.... The team fought hard with great catches, ball control, and first downs. I thought this would be a 7 win year. Normally, I would not care if KC left for a better position. Going into this season, I thought next year would be the year we make a run at it. With the announcement of KC leaving, I was concerned with lack of continuity if a new OC with a new system came in. MS proved himself today. My remaining concern now is QB development.

Those saying that the game plan was in: Simon and Callahan were the passing and running game coordinators all season. That’s like an assistant offensive coordinator, who assists in making the game plan.

They just didn’t have the final say in play calls, that was KC.

So I dont think it is valid to say “yeah but the game plan was already in”. Simon helped craft that plan from the git go.

Top Bottom