Votes: 4 5.9%

• Total voters

Jeshurun

King of the Too's
Reaction score
Does he have your stamp of approval?

He earned it today!

Players will rally for him too

I want to keep Simon but I want an outside hire who is a strong recruiter.

He did a great job calling plays, but the game plan was already in place before Kirk left. Perhaps he’s capable of doing that, but it’s something nobody on this board knows.

Getting the TE involved was huge today! Good job, Matt!

We also ran more misdirection running plays which opened up huge gaps and outside running lines. I like watching pulling guards pancake a LB.

He for sure should get the job. He has earned it and he is ready to lead this offense.

There are a lot of factors at play here. Simon may not want to be an OC (it is possible). I would be fine with him getting the job but won't be surprised if we bring someone in from the outside either. Will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

For QB coach then?

Or how would you re-arange it, assuming Simon is named OC.

I think Simon gets a promotion but OC is outside hire.
Evidently there is a lot of interest among outside candidates to jump on the boat.

Gophers need to keep eyes open to capitalize on recruiting at OC as much as possible to reach blue-blood status.

Hopefully we don’t lose both Simon and Calahan to PSU. You know Kirk wants our offensive line coach. And after what our receivers showed all season, they would welcome Simon.

He looks ready.

I think Simon gets a promotion but OC is outside hire.
Evidently there is a lot of interest among outside candidates to jump on the boat.

Gophers need to keep eyes open to capitalize on recruiting at OC as much as possible to reach blue-blood status.

Is there a certain OC in play that is known as a great recruiter? Is Simon not known as a good recruiter?

I'm good with Simon. The offense didn't miss beat and Simon added some nice wrinkles. I think we stick with a good thing.

He did a great job calling plays, but the game plan was already in place before Kirk left. Perhaps he’s capable of doing that, but it’s something nobody on this board knows.

This is a key post. Wonder how Simon adapted during the game or simply followed what Kirk did?

This is a key post. Wonder how Simon adapted during the game or simply followed what Kirk did?

I don’t recall KC calling a game like this. IMO I’d like to see the overall philosophy and staff stay rather than rebooting into something completely new. Danger there. This offense is already elite and looks to be even better going forward. Why go outside?

Really called a good game. I think he would be a fine hire just like Rossi turned out to be great.

Baloney! The offense is the same. The emphasis, the timing of calls, the emphasis to pass to a back out of the backfield, the throws to the tight ends, getting Green a rep early to be comfortable later, and lots more completely different. Way better utilization of personnel.

I'll put my trust in Fleck on this one and at same time, good responses following my post.

Game plan is one thing, he still had to make all the calls and adjustments during the game.

Guys there are so many in game adjustments to when you call what play. KC had nothing to do with this game. He installed the offense. Simon adjusted it to be successful versus this opponent.

Top Bottom