MarQueis Gray has plantar fasciitis problem with his foot

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per this tweet from Marcus:

"Brewster said soph QB-WR MarQueis Gray has plantar fasciitis problem with his foot. That could be a bad thing for the offense if it lingers."

Go Gophers!!

Well, that's effing terrific.

Maybe I'll just freeze myself and and re-emerge next September.

I've had a mild case in the past and it was excruciating. I know others who have had a more serious/persistent case and it hobbled them for 6-9 months. There's not really any "cure" for it and its not really clear why some people get it and others don't.
Bad news for Marquise if it is severe.

Too bad but honestly won't make a difference this year. I only hope we can keep M Gray in program after Brewster is fired. He is a very nice prospect with two years left.

My wife has suffered with this issue for over a year. It healed up at one point, and something as simple as wearing the wrong shoes with no arch support can set it off again. I hope Gray gets this crap fixed.. It's a bad thing.

Too bad but honestly won't make a difference this year. I only hope we can keep M Gray in program after Brewster is fired. He is a very nice prospect with two years left.

I just couldn't disagree more. If/when we are officially out of bowl contention I think a mid/late season switch to Gray at QB might just keep butts in seats & Brew in a job (Especially if we can steal one from OSU/PSU/Wisc/Iowa). If Gray's injured, that means..Gray is injured & Brew's gone.

I had a real bad case when I was in the Army. The Doc (a PA who had been an SF medic) asked me if I was willing to go the "extreme" route to fix it. I told him to go ahead. He mixed up a cocktail of steroids and pain killers (home brew stuff) and injected it in multiple places in the my foot. Yeah, it hurt at the time but it cured it almost immediately and fortunately hasn't recurred over the decades.

He's done for this year. You don't come back from Planter Fascitis in a month, it takes two months minimum, probably more like four.

Water jogging is a great way to stay in shape and excersise those muscles. Any impact on that foot delays the time for it to repair. You really have to be carefull and lay off of it.

I've had a mild case in the past and it was excruciating. I know others who have had a more serious/persistent case and it hobbled them for 6-9 months. There's not really any "cure" for it and its not really clear why some people get it and others don't.

I've had it before - in one case I could barely walk for 2 weeks.

In my experience, it comes from a combination of:

(1) wearing bad shoes
(2) lots of use/fatigue while in those bad shoes
(3) putting a lot of pressure on on your heel, or banging your heel hard.

I tend to run on my heels, and this may explain my bouts with it.

I mitigated my PF my problems by buying expensive footwear.

Are we sure about this? I haven't read that anywhere else. And nothing is showing up here.

i had success with a water filled and frozen 20 oz soda bottle rolling it along the bottom of my foot every day /after every game of bball i played way back then...

its all caused by bad arch support. get the guy a frozen bottle and some dr scholls and hell be good to go

can we get him a medical redshirt for this?

im jk by the way

I had a real bad case when I was in the Army. The Doc (a PA who had been an SF medic) asked me if I was willing to go the "extreme" route to fix it. I told him to go ahead. He mixed up a cocktail of steroids and pain killers (home brew stuff) and injected it in multiple places in the my foot. Yeah, it hurt at the time but it cured it almost immediately and fortunately hasn't recurred over the decades.

Email Brew the doc's contact info. Meanwhile, I'll check my NCAA regulations manual & see if that's legal? :)

Brewster said Gray would be 100% for the Wisconsin game. With everything I've heard about Plantar Fasciitis I can't figure out why Brewster would say Gray is going to be 100%.

I've had a mild case of plantar a couple years ago, basically it'll only go away completely with rest but I was told I could continue running/playing sports as long as I could deal with the pain. I dealt with the discomfort and I am guess Gray is doing the same until the season is over.

Brewster said Gray would be 100% for the Wisconsin game. With everything I've heard about Plantar Fasciitis I can't figure out why Brewster would say Gray is going to be 100%.

Maybe he stayed at a Holiday Inn...

All kidding aside, it would be great if Gray was 100% for the game. We really need him in many roles it would seem and not just a distraction-- but how can this be possible? Granted, I was a little older, but it was quite painful and it took me several months to recover.

I've battled PF as a runner for the past year and a half. I was out for 3 months with no running - then limited - then with foot supports and a dorsal splint at night. It's painful and takes a while to kick.

He'll be playing with pain, he won't be 100% no way. I've had it a couple times. Eventually I always had to just not stress it and stay off of it, nothing else ever worked.

I would guess that you won't see him in on consecutive plays.

Top Bottom