Markie Post, Actress Known for ‘The Fall Guy’ and ‘Night Court,’ Dies at 70

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per THR:

Markie Post, an actress known for The Fall Guy and Night Court, died Saturday following a battle with cancer. She was 70.

Post’s manager, Ellen Lubin Sanitsky, confirmed her death to The Hollywood Reporter.

Post was born in 1950 in Palo Alto, California, and began her career in television by serving as an associate producer on the game series Double Dare, which was hosted by the late Alex Trebek.

She first appeared as an actor on television in the TV movie Frankie and Annette: The Second Time Around. Post appeared in numerous series after that, from comedy show Semi-Tough to crime drama The Gangster Chronicles, Fantasy Island and The Love Boat.

Go Gophers!!

One of my teenage crushes--part of a great ensemble on a wonderful sitcom. Haven't watched an episode in years, but I sense it would still be very watchable.

One of my teenage crushes--part of a great ensemble on a wonderful sitcom. Haven't watched an episode in years, but I sense it would still be very watchable.
Absolutely. I saw that last night and I was fondly remembering a few of her roles. Smoke show back in the day, one of my favorites. Seemed to have some personality too. 70! Holy shit. I never would have guessed

I read an article somewhere that a new version of "Night Court" is being planned. supposedly Dan Larroquette is coming back and one of the women from "Big Bang Theory" is going to be playing the new Judge. the hook is that her character is the daughter of the original judge played by Harry Anderson.

But who can take the place of Bull?

I read an article somewhere that a new version of "Night Court" is being planned. supposedly Dan Larroquette is coming back and one of the women from "Big Bang Theory" is going to be playing the new Judge. the hook is that her character is the daughter of the original judge played by Harry Anderson.
Ah, back when sitcoms were actually funny and plentiful options to pick from.

I'd tune in for it and some more Dan Dan Fielding.
Brad Garret??

You know what would be a great premise from TV Land or Nick at Nite or some other network specializing in oldies? Gritty NYC comedies, from the working/lower class:
7:00 Welcome Back Kotter
7:30 Taxi
8:00 Barney Miller
8:30 Night Court

Hell, cap it off like NBC used to do on Thursdays with a drama and hearken back to the original Must-See TV with Hill Street Blues at 9:00. That lineup would be a great night of TV.

This is bullshit! I had the same crush on her as did many. I just found out I will be a grandpa and I was a high school "child" and early drinking college years when Night Court and Cheers and others were the best on TV. It shows time waits for nobody.

Enjoy everything you can, and don't be angry.

I'll leave this here, in all of it's awful but awesome glory.

It's John, not Dan, but other than that you got it right:

You know what would be a great premise from TV Land or Nick at Nite or some other network specializing in oldies? Gritty NYC comedies, from the working/lower class:
7:00 Welcome Back Kotter
7:30 Taxi
8:00 Barney Miller
8:30 Night Court

Hell, cap it off like NBC used to do on Thursdays with a drama and hearken back to the original Must-See TV with Hill Street Blues at 9:00. That lineup would be a great night of TV.

I've been watching Hill Street Blues season 1 & 2, and it holds up very well.

Top Bottom