Mark Weisman

I hope the bigger better Gophers defense will allow them to stay in their lanes and just stuff the run. I think our secondary can stay with their receivers (they are not going to be as talented as SJSU in that regard), as long as we can keep from getting gashed by their rushing attack.

I disagree.. We run 3-4 deep at TE and will throw to them.

As for the WRs. They were very young last year but #11 will be a 3 year starter and #22 is pretty fast but raw. Big play potential and had a nice TD last week. #4 is a new starter as a Soph but he's a very talented young WR and had a big catch in the ISU game. #17 is a 6-4 195lb SO and has two TDs in the last 2 games. Probably our most improved WR.

We're much better at WR and TE than we were in 2012.

A bit of a battle for #1 TE between #82 and #86

But are any of your TEs gingers?

Advantage >>>> MN

What have we learned from this thread so far:

Iowa fans think their team is really good.

Gopher fans think their team is better than last year.

To the Iowa contingent: I have no problem with fans supporting their team - but if you think you're going to come on a Gopher Football Fan board, list a bunch of heights/weights and stats, and somehow convince Gopher Fans that Iowa is a better team, then you're delusional.

Seriously - if a bunch of Gopher fans started posting pro-Gopher Comments on an Iowa Board, how would you respond?

This is like a middle-school dance - you stay on your side of the gym, and we'll stay on our side.

(by the way, I lived in Iowa for 5 years in the 90's. After an Iowa loss, I would listen to the call-in segment on the IA radio network, and listen to the Iowa fans savage their own team and coach, so it's not like you belong in some higher segment of fandom......)

Do you think you will see Hageman at DE alittle more on sat so we can put another DT in the game so we have a bigger front 4? I know u dont' want to move Hageman but it sure would be nice to get another big body up front and let our LB makes plays???

Do you think you will see Hageman at DE alittle more on sat so we can put another DT in the game so we have a bigger front 4? I know u dont' want to move Hageman but it sure would be nice to get another big body up front and let our LB makes plays???

No

Possibly. I think we'll continue to see him play some DE on passing downs. Another guy to watch is redshirt freshman Yoshoub Timms. He was recruited as a DT but played some DE when Alex Keith missed the Western Illinois game. He's a bigger guy they may play at DE on running downs to add more size out there.

bump

Really? Mods must have removed my previous post. What a joke.

That's 324 career yards at 7.2 ypc in 2 games versus the Gophers for the overrated, unathletic, and slow Mark Weisman.

Just sayin.

Top Bottom