Mark Rosen received handwritten notes of condolences from every Gopher football player including a very personal one from QB Tanner Morgan

Wow. It's not a tough thing to do.....but the thoughtfulness behind the act is really what matters. Really shows the character of PJ. He's not only teaching players how to be better on the field....but better people off the field as well.

Cool to see....and proud of the team.
And yet we have posters who claim "PJ is all about himself." It boggles the mind. Let me also add the the chorus of thanks here to PJ for teaching the young men compassion, empathy, service, character, et al. Really proud to be a fan these days.

Also—PJ/Gopher football didn’t share that they did this. Mark Rosen did. Completely on his own. It isn’t done for attention by the team.
Good point, doing something like this when the cameras off makes it so much more genuine because if Rosen never said anything about it, none of us would have known it happened.

Nice little clap-back by dropping them off at kfan offices.

Suck on THAT kfan!

One of the new GHer who has a relative on the Gophers' team, mentioned that there are more high-handed things that PJ does behind the scene that nobody hears about.

Who calls up all the families of the players individually and as a group after the George Floyd riots and during the Covid shut-down? You can tell that he and Heather became second parents to a lot of football players. He looked like he aged a little.

The Gophers as a team are like a true family.

This will be PJ's legacy that players will remember the most other than a national championship. 🥳

And yet we have posters who claim "PJ is all about himself." It boggles the mind. Let me also add the the chorus of thanks here to PJ for teaching the young men compassion, empathy, service, character, et al. Really proud to be a fan these days.

I've gone to other teams forums, just to read their thoughts at times. Gopherhole is top notch compared to most of those sites.

In other words....there are a lot of trolls from those forums who've come here to escape their ugly ass sites.

Fleck and fellow coaches teach players how to play football unlike many who cuss and scream everyday. Fleck and fellow coaches teach players how to be the best human being they can be. Isn't this all part of getting a college education to learn? Why some players would prefer to play for a coach who screams everyday and doesn't teach is beyond me.

I listened to Common Man hour three from yesterday and Rosen made his first appearance. Said that Justin Gaard dropped off the letters. Also said that TMs letter was "in great depth about everything" and included his number if Rosie ever wanted to talk.

Nice little clap-back by dropping them off at kfan offices.

Suck on THAT kfan!
Are you trying to be funny? If so, my apologies since your joke went over my head. If you seriously think that the notes were delivered to KFAN (where he works) as some FU to the people there, I think you missed the whole spirit of the gesture.

Here's Rosen on the Common Man Show talking about what he gone through.

Human beings connecting to other human beings in an empathic fashion. I'm pretty sure this is what the human race could be with some effort.

Human beings connecting to other human beings in an empathic fashion. I'm pretty sure this is what the human race could be with some effort.
PJF encouraging compassion and empathy might be one of his greatest gifts to our players.

Rosen was on the Power Trip today for the first time in a while and took the last minute of the show to thank the Gophers players and Tanner Morgan.

PJF encouraging compassion and empathy might be one of his greatest gifts to our players.
It is nice to see evidence of how he really does stress more than just football to the players. Seeing the big picture instead of just being focused on your own little bubble is a skill that will serve these players well later in life.

This is what any athletic organization that hopes to form young people should be about.
For sure... Whenever anyone asks why I'm a Fleck fan, I mention acts such as this. Wonderful that the coaches thought to do it, and very thoughtful for the players as well. Shining examples of why Fleck recruits the players he does.

...and as always, my number one reason for buying into Fleck's "Row The Boat" culture is that his players always hand the football to the officials. Might be a small, insignificant thing to some... but it resonates with me.

Top Bottom