Marcus: Gophers cruise to victory in "secret" scrimmage against DePaul

MadtownGopher

Reaction score
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

POLLYANNA!

Sweet. A fake power 5 win is a fake power 5 win.

Hodger, what is our fake RPI after today's win?

Go Gophers!!

Coffey's stat line. 15 points, 7 rebounds, 3 assists

I interpreted it as Murphy, Mason, and Coffey got 15 points, 7 points, and 3 points respectively, but it would seem odd to specifically list Coffey as having a good performance if he only got 3 points.

I interpreted it as Murphy, Mason, and Coffey got 15 points, 7 points, and 3 points respectively, but it would seem odd to specifically list Coffey as having a good performance if he only got 3 points.

That's how I read it first too. I like DC's answer much better though. Makes a lot more sense.

Yeah, if those three guys only scored 25 points between them I don't think we would have won, especially by 19.

Also, apparently Lynch did play per Doogie.

That's how I read it first too. I like DC's answer much better though. Makes a lot more sense.

Assuming DeathClutch is correct, that's a great stat line. Also nice to see Coffey scoring more. Pitino seemed to be saying he was almost too selfless in his play style.

Yeah, if those three guys only scored 25 points between them I don't think we would have won, especially by 19.

Also, apparently Lynch did play per Doogie.

Bakary probably dropped 20 and 15 and Doogie just wants us to be caught off guard by his All-American campaign this year ;)

Almost hit the century mark. DePaul must be terrible.

Bodes well for our chances against Bemidji State.

Almost hit the century mark. DePaul must be terrible.

This team desperately needs another scorer, if Springs is that guy they could be tough.

Was it last year, or further back we got thumped in a secret scrimmage with Iowa State?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This team desperately needs another scorer, if Springs is that guy they could be tough.

Do you mean in addition to Mason? Because I think McBrayer and Murphy, and possibly Coffey or Lynch, could also score in double digits regularly.

Was it last year, or further back we got thumped in a secret scrimmage with Iowa State?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2014-15, Pitino's second year. They ended up finishing second in the Big 12 at 12-6, won the Big 12 tournament, and got a 3 seed in the NCAA, where they were upset by 14 seed UAB. So they were pretty good that year.

Do you mean in addition to Mason? Because I think McBrayer and Murphy, and possibly Coffey or Lynch, could also score in double digits regularly.

Yes, Murphy will get his rebound buckets and some stuff around the basket but won't create a lot, Mason is the only proven go to guy, McBrayer might be another but he isn't there yet as far as I am concerned.

I don't see Coffey or Lynch as being big time scorers, they'll provide points but not big go to guys.

This was apparently a very poorly-kept secret if everyone knows about it. Somebody must have told Gladys Kravitz.

That's why Springs was brought in to be a scorer and senior leader he might be most important player on the team. So excited for this season.

Top Bottom