Marcus: Cory to MN "seems less likely now"; Al Nolen "very out of shape"

Brown

What? J'Covan Brown was terrible.

Brown is more of a shooting guard, he has great atheletism and can get to the whole. He was forced to play the point out of necessity. Texas has been looking for a pure point guard who can also score for a while now. Bradley is an off guard too.

It seems like most people outside of Minnesota aren't even giving us a chance. No one even mentions us in talks about where his recruiting is at right now, and everyone feels like it is down to Nova/Texas with Texas being his most likely destination.

I guess I have to disagree with these quotes.

Look at players like Devoe Joseph, who was supposed to make a huge impact as a freshman, being a highly heralded recruit...he averaged 5-6 pts/game in 15 min/game? Hardly stats that would make highly heralded recruits knocking on our door.

Based on Tubby's system, freshman rarely have a chance to make a big impact because
1) they usually don't get as much clock as they do at other schools because they haven't learned to play major D-1 defense. If they haven't learned defense, Tubby won't play them
2) Freshman appear to have a very short leash in Tubby's system. A mistake, definitely two, will land you on the bench pretty quickly
3) Offensively, whatever our offense supposedly is, it really doesn't appear that a large % of our players can understand/run it easily, much less freshman coming in. High-low plays a huge part of our offense, and guards/wings that want to create don't have a lot of room for creativity when you have a play called from the bench almost every time down the floor that usually revolves around the posts.

Call me a Debbie Downer, but I just don't see the sexiness in our system that most high-major, blue chip recruits look for to showcase their skills for a year or two before jumping to the NBA.

you do realize this is cory joesph right? the first seriously high skill player to possibly come here in tubbys tenure. he'll be playing from day 1, full time.

Top Bottom