Marcus Carr, who has been in the portal since earlier this spring, declares officially for the 2021 NBA Draft

Carr will make an NBA roster sorry to say for all the Carr haters on here (See above)

I hope his self confidence is rewarded.

Carr will make an NBA roster sorry to say for all the Carr haters on here (See above)
It will be interesting to see what happens with him. He is absolutely good enough to play some form of pro ball but whether that is in the NBA or overseas remains to be seen.

His biggest issue is that he isn't really a true point guard but he probably isn't tall enough to be really successful as a shooting guard either given who he would have to guard at the NBA level.

I for one enjoyed watching him during his time with the U. And with the dumpster fire last season turned into, without Carr we might have gone nearly scoreless some nights.

Best of luck Marcus. Thank you for being a Gopher! You delivered some very fun nights to Gopher fans! Thank you!

100% this.

And count me as happy he finished his career as a Gopher and not some random school for a random year. He's one of us, he brought us some awesome moments, some frustrating moments but I'm glad he was here.

Go Marcus Carr!!

It will be interesting to see what happens with him. He is absolutely good enough to play some form of pro ball but whether that is in the NBA or overseas remains to be seen.

His biggest issue is that he isn't really a true point guard but he probably isn't tall enough to be really successful as a shooting guard either given who he would have to guard at the NBA level.

I for one enjoyed watching him during his time with the U. And with the dumpster fire last season turned into, without Carr we might have gone nearly scoreless some nights.
There are shorter players in the NBA the question is he good enough.

Like it or not, the traditional "pass-first" PG is on the endangered species list. More and more teams are going to the "shooting" PG who can handle the point but also be one of the team's top scorers. DLo with the Wolves is a good example.

so with Carr, I think he has a shot.

to be sure - he'll have to learn to share the ball more and keep it moving with a 24-sec shot clock. But, I definitely think he can latch on somewhere as a backup.

Very good college player who has a chance. There are worse players drawing NBA paychecks. We may see what separates a very good college player from an NBA player. He has all-around skills but no one skill that stands out. Of course, maybe a pro team kind find that one skill and take it to the next level. I wish him the best.

Think of the difference in Gopher basketball had Carr been given the go to play the year he transferred vs. having to sit out. Pitt is to blame for that happening (forever cheer for whoever is playing Pitt in any sport at any time). Carr carried the team in a big way while he was here. Hope he has a very successful pro carear.

I'll be rooting for Marcus. We were a poor team this past year....but having him on the roster help provide some pretty solid highs. Dude had ice running in his veins at times. And fortunately those moments outnumbered the appalling moments like the first Rutgers game when he ran the clock basically down to zero when the Gophers were only down one possession....and then took a horrendous shot.

Good luck to Marcus and I too believe he’s got a shot at the NBA. He would have had twice as many assists this year if anyone around him could make an open shot. But they couldn’t, so he passed less. Someone will teach him how to run the pick-and-roll too, which will help him out. He can both shoot and penetrate. He’s got a chance.

Clippers can use a PG with Beverley getting up there in age. Why not have all 3 Gophers in the same organization. With that said, I think best case scenario for him right now is probably a 2 way contract. Which if he does he has the potential to make over $200K.

He will be on a G-League roster.
I think that's the most likely outcome. But, depending upon team and injuries, it wouldn't surprise me if he got some NBA run next year. By comparison, Amir Coffey has played in 44 NBA games this year. Daniel Oturu has played in 28. I think Marcus can compete with those two.

Sounds like some potential funny business, with allegations of photos of Carr on campus meeting with staff during a recruiting dead period

Sounds like some potential funny business, with allegations of photos of Carr on campus meeting with staff during a recruiting dead period
Was BJ down there with the camera doing his best to lure Carr back to Minnesota?

ESPN just named him as the top recruit on the transfer portal. Signed with U of Texas.

Top Bottom