Mackey

Being an asshole gets you more attention on this internet.

Folks get trained to be dicks.
I’m not sure he is wrong.
Like it isn’t a great season.
I also have no idea what don’t get cocky means?

I wonder if he thinks people are unaware of any other social media accounts in college sports? The u of m PR department tweets something out and he comes out holier than thought on how to behave humbly lol. Irony

context:

after the MSU game, Mackey and Judd jumped on the bandwagon. They did a couple of segments that week about the Gophers. A lot of talk about winning the West, playing in the Rose Bowl. They even talked about the Gophers being a dark-horse candidate for the CFP.

and then, after the loss to Purdue, they jumped off the bandwagon just as fast, and they've spent the rest of the season trying to distance themselves from their earlier comments.

Now, you've got Judd talking about the Gophers "embarrassing" season and Mackey claiming that he has no interest in the Gophers.

they are 100% front-runners. if a team starts losing or not living up to expectations, they instantly pivot and start ripping that team. bottom line, 70% of their content is about the Vikings, with the rest split between the Wild and the Wolves.

I only listen when they have Reusse or Doogie on as guests. the rest of the time, it's just Mackey, Judd and their producer in a Vikings' circle-jerk.

I don’t think I’ve rolled my eyes more than I did after reading this. Man some people are just miserable. I think people like him prefer the Gophers to suck or Cousins to be bad so they can come up with content more easily.

I don’t get it. The Vegas over under was 7.5 how is that so disappointing?

It’s okay to say it was disappointing.
To say it’s the biggest disappointment in 25 years when you win 8 games and beat wisconsin for the 5th time in 25 years when the starting QB, RB1, and WR1 combined for 22/36 starts is a little dramatic

I don't mind him but he's Viking reporter that fronted for gophers for a week.

It’s okay to say it was disappointing.
To say it’s the biggest disappointment in 25 years when you win 8 games and beat wisconsin for the 5th time in 25 years when the starting QB, RB1, and WR1 combined for 22/36 starts is a little dramatic
Dramatic from a media member whose job is to get eyes on content.

I'm shocked

I actually feel sorry for media clowns like him. Are you doing work that you can be proud of? Honest answer is no.

context:

after the MSU game, Mackey and Judd jumped on the bandwagon. They did a couple of segments that week about the Gophers. A lot of talk about winning the West, playing in the Rose Bowl. They even talked about the Gophers being a dark-horse candidate for the CFP.

and then, after the loss to Purdue, they jumped off the bandwagon just as fast, and they've spent the rest of the season trying to distance themselves from their earlier comments.

Now, you've got Judd talking about the Gophers "embarrassing" season and Mackey claiming that he has no interest in the Gophers.

they are 100% front-runners. if a team starts losing or not living up to expectations, they instantly pivot and start ripping that team. bottom line, 70% of their content is about the Vikings, with the rest split between the Wild and the Wolves.

I only listen when they have Reusse or Doogie on as guests. the rest of the time, it's just Mackey, Judd and their producer in a Vikings' circle-jerk.
Front-runners? Maybe it's that. But I think Mackey has changed over the past year or two. I listen to them and I've always liked Mackey. I think he's talented and, unlike Reusse and Barriero, who seem to hate Minnesota teams, athletes and fans, Mackey has always struck me as a fan who wants the teams to succeed. Over the past year or so he has become a troll, disgusted by all of us. Meanwhile, Zulgad has never had much to offer.

And there was nothing "cocky" about the U's original tweet.

It was disappointing but to call an 8-4 Gopher football season where we won the axe one of the most disappointing seasons in 25 years is an idiotic take.

I also have no idea what he means by "don't get cocky". Who was? Does he think Gopher fans think they are an elite football team?

He is a cheap rip off of Corey Cove who is a rip off of Jim Rome and Jim Rome sucks.

On a side note - he is a crappy poker player (headphones and hoody dork) and his nostrils are closer together than the top of his nose (it's infuriating).

a twin cities radio person being a douche towards the gophers wow how surprising….

Always love when someone gets called out for their stupidity and they resort to “wow everyone else is so triggered”

I like Mackey and Judd. Their Wild stuff is good and entertaining. But their college football coverage (which they don't do) is about as knowledgeable as some rando you met at Walmart.

Top Bottom