Mackey

It was disappointing but to call an 8-4 Gopher football season where we won the axe one of the most disappointing seasons in 25 years is an idiotic take.

I also have no idea what he means by "don't get cocky". Who was? Does he think Gopher fans think they are an elite football team?

He is a cheap rip off of Corey Cove who is a rip off of Jim Rome and Jim Rome sucks.

On a side note - he is a crappy poker player (headphones and hoody dork) and his nostrils are closer together than the top of his nose (it's infuriating).

When people are calling 8-4 a huge disappointment it's a sign the program has arrived. Especially when a freshman took over half the Big Ten snaps at QB.

It was disappointing but to call an 8-4 Gopher football season where we won the axe one of the most disappointing seasons in 25 years is an idiotic take.

I also have no idea what he means by "don't get cocky". Who was? Does he think Gopher fans think they are an elite football team?

He is a cheap rip off of Corey Cove who is a rip off of Jim Rome and Jim Rome sucks.

On a side note - he is a crappy poker player (headphones and hoody dork) and his nostrils are closer together than the top of his nose (it's infuriating).

Cove was sure that the Badgers were going to destroy the Gophers. I hope Tommy Olson got a bet in with him.

I like Mackey and Judd. Their Wild stuff is good and entertaining. But their college football coverage (which they don't do) is about as knowledgeable as some rando you met at Walmart.
This is really a problem with MN sports journalists. We get it, they are naturally bigger fans of the Wild or the Vikings than they are with college sports or the Timberwolves.

Nowadays, most of their work is on that podcast on youtube, so I think they'd be better off just not even commenting. Either that or that should you know, do their research.

This is really a problem with MN sports journalists. We get it, they are naturally bigger fans of the Wild or the Vikings than they are with college sports or the Timberwolves.

Nowadays, most of their work is on that podcast on youtube, so I think they'd be better off just not even commenting. Either that or that should you know, do their research.
It's a problem with MN journalists but also fans. The gophers could make inroads if they would get the big win, or do something more than the current go.

When they beat PSU a few years back, and then played Bucky for the West championship, this state was on fire for them and the stadium against Bucky was rocking. We laid a huge egg and the cycle just repeats itself.

Hell, if gopher hoops could ever get good and become a good product, the state would get behind that, too.

Neither team ever gets over the top. It's a pro town all the way until the gophers do something big.

Yeah but the state would jump off the bandwagon the next year at the first sign of adversity.

I actually feel sorry for media clowns like him. Are you doing work that you can be proud of? Honest answer is no.
Agreed. Some of them are probably miserable but have no other job prospects. If Mackey's radio/pod career ended today, what is he qualified to do for a 2nd career?

It's a problem with MN journalists but also fans. The gophers could make inroads if they would get the big win, or do something more than the current go.

When they beat PSU a few years back, and then played Bucky for the West championship, this state was on fire for them and the stadium against Bucky was rocking. We laid a huge egg and the cycle just repeats itself.

Hell, if gopher hoops could ever get good and become a good product, the state would get behind that, too.

Neither team ever gets over the top. It's a pro town all the way until the gophers do something big.
100% the casual MN sports fan is completely clueless about things outside of the Vikings and maybe Twins.

Mackey & Judd are complete nobody's in this market....

Reusse wannabes.....at least Patrick can occasionally tell a good story when it comes to something hometown/homestate

Top Bottom