MacDonald's potential

I think we are worrying about it, I doubt the staff considers the WR position one of depth yet.

Like most positions on the team right now we have numbers that we hope turn out to = depth. Same thing is taking place in the defensive backfield where we have a number of players but we don't really know how many of them will pan out and how many will be busts. At WR there is no real proven talent on the squad just a bunch of guys with some potential upside.

The only place I really feel like we have what could be considered depth right now is on the O-line. If Nelson is the real deal then QB could quickly join that list as well.

I looked at the list very quickly and believe 5-6 will play as true freshman. I did not include Nelson or Hayes, but would not be surprised to see them make the 2 deeps. What this team will look like in 4 or 5 years, I don't believe is a major concern for Kill and staff at this time. Why build a team for the next coach? If they are ready to play, he will have them out there. Mason did this well at times, where if he found a talent, they got on the job training and developed that way.

Look back at how this board imploded after the first 3 or 4 games last year. There is nothing to wait for.

If he were old...

Potentially, on his farm, he could have some chickens, a cow, a sheep, a pig, and perhaps
a duck, in some cases.

:pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig::pig:

Go Gophers...

Hate to add a post on topic but ...

just for yuks I looked at the high school stats for McDonald and Floyd. According to Rivals, Floyd was 6'3", 195 lb. McDonald is listed at 6'3", 200 lb. In his senior season, Floyd had 59 catches for 1247 yards and 17 TDs. In his senior season, McDonald had 60 catches for 1253 yards and 17 TDs. In his junior season, Floyd had 63 catches for 1240 yards and 16 TDs. In his junior season, McDonald had 64 catches for 1144 yards and 19 TDs. Not really indicative of anything but, the stats are eerily similar.

just for yuks I looked at the stats for McDonald and Floyd. According to Rivals, Floyd was 6'3", 195 lb. McDonald is listed at 6'3", 200 lb. In his senior season, Floyd had 59 catches for 1247 yards and 17 TDs. In his senior season, McDonald had 60 catches for 1253 yards and 17 TDs. In his junior season, Floyd had 63 catches for 1240 yards and 16 TDs. In his junior season, McDonald had 64 catches for 1144 yards and 19 TDs. Not really indicative of anything but, the stats are eerily similar.

Interesting - thanks for doing the work. Just out of curiosity, how did Floyd do as a frosh at ND?

Top Bottom