Lots of seats opened up for Thursday

Yeah but it isn’t the whole section

it’s like the top 30-40% of the section
You understand that 102 and 202 are different sections, right? Otherwise you wouldn’t say that.

Does anyone else see this? There are more than a few missing sections at the stadium. Some of them are 102, 104, 106, 116, 118 and 120. And they are all even numbers.

Are they truly missing, or are they the super secret club seating we’ve heard about, but can’t find. If they are missing, did they include the foundation for them when they built the stadium; just like they did for the upper deck? Or maybe they are hidden storage rooms for the heating Coyles

Some Gopher Holer needs to get on this. Maybe look for clues at the Deja Vu. Or ask Dilly Bar Dan. Yeah, that’s it, he’ll know. And if you find him, also ask if DQ treats are going to be served this year, or not!

OK, back to my Jameson.

Does anyone else see this? There are more than a few missing sections at the stadium. Some of them are 102, 104, 106, 116, 118 and 120. And they are all even numbers.

Are they truly missing, or are they the super secret club seating we’ve heard about, but can’t find. If they are missing, did they include the foundation for them when they built the stadium; just like they did for the upper deck? Or maybe they are hidden storage rooms for the heating Coyles

Some Gopher Holer needs to get on this. Maybe look for clues at the Deja Vu. Or ask Dilly Bar Dan. Yeah, that’s it, he’ll know. And if you find him, also ask if DQ treats are going to be served this year, or not!

OK, back to my Jameson.

Are you having a stroke? Oh wait...I just saw the Jameson part.

OK, back to my Jameson.
They just skip the numbering so that the 2XX and 1XX numbers line up around the stadium as the upper deck has more sections than the lower level.

There are couple thousand unsold tickets. Very disappointing but I assume Covid has an impact.
Prices are collapsing on Stubhub- you can now get tickets for $50. I'd guess if you wait until game time you can get in the door for $30

There are couple thousand unsold tickets. Very disappointing but I assume Covid has an impact.
Prices are collapsing on Stubhub- you can now get tickets for $50. I'd guess if you wait until game time you can get in the door for $30
A couple other things that are fighting against the sellout in addition to covid hesitancy:
  • Thursday game. Some percentage of folks who would go if it were a saturday night game probably can't. Not everyone has the option to take friday off from work, so the late game + lack of sleep the next day may not be worth it for some.
  • Ohio State is far away, so less visiting fans. Wisconsin and Iowa are easier to sell out because their fans are close enough to travel and use up their allotment of tickets and then some. Ohio State returned a lot of their tickets. (Penn State also had this against them back in 2019, but we sold out for other reasons I believe)
  • Lots of folks believe this will be a blow out, so why bother. Penn State in 2019 we were both undefeated and while predictions were breaking more for Penn State, some predicted us to win. And the loss predictions were mostly close losses.
  • Folks are also likely waiting for prices to drop/the weather forecast to stabilize.
The fact that we have sold more season tickets than in 2019 for both regular and student season tickets is pretty amazing based on last year's record. In fact, given all the things going against a sell out that fact that we are pretty close is saying something, IMO.

It may not officially be a sellout, but it seems like it will be pretty full regardless. From a fan perspective I think it will feel very much "sold out" because we'll be above 90% capacity and almost all of those people will be gopher fans.

There should be a good amount of Gopher Pass holders that will cut into that number. I'll be surprised if it isn't sold out by Thursday -- also --- pardon my ignorance but what was the prices before this collapse?

Edit: Stuhub appears to show 4 tickets in the nosebleeds of the visitors section for 50 -- total there are 12 tickets being solid for less than 70.

There should be a good amount of Gopher Pass holders that will cut into that number. I'll be surprised if it isn't sold out by Thursday -- also --- pardon my ignorance but what was the prices before this collapse?

Edit: Stuhub appears to show 4 tickets in the nosebleeds of the visitors section for 50 -- total there are 12 tickets being solid for less than 70.

Bad seats were around $90 before OSU returns yesterday. With Gophersports selling unsold on Stubhub they will lower prices until they all sell by game.

Top Bottom