lots of posturing going on now

Has the CDH golf coach posted any updates to the coaching search? He's the only source I trust.

Come on Gopher fans! You all should know by now that a coaching search is not OFFICIALLY under way in this state until Mike Grant's name gets mentioned.

from the U's website:

While at Butler, Goetz served as the sport administrator for softball, volleyball and the men's and women's soccer programs. She previously supervised the men's and women's cross country and track and field programs. Goetz also worked closely with both of Butler's basketball programs and was the liaison for the women's team for post-season play.

"Beth is an elite-level administrator and leader," said Butler men's basketball coach Brad Stevens. "She earned the utmost respect of all whose paths she crossed with a great work ethic, ultimate integrity, genuine care for our student-athletes, and a passion for Butler athletics. We will certainly miss Beth, but are thrilled for both her and the University of Minnesota."

During her time at Butler she also had direct oversight of budget and financial aid. In addition, she was responsible for all aspects of compliance and eligibility, which included monitoring and adhering to all university, conference and NCAA rules. Goetz, who oversaw Title IX reviews and monitored the gender equity plan, was also responsible for all athletic department reports, including the university program evaluation, APR, GSR and EADA.

from the U's website:

While at Butler, Goetz served as the sport administrator for softball, volleyball and the men's and women's soccer programs. She previously supervised the men's and women's cross country and track and field programs. Goetz also worked closely with both of Butler's basketball programs and was the liaison for the women's team for post-season play.

"Beth is an elite-level administrator and leader," said Butler men's basketball coach Brad Stevens. "She earned the utmost respect of all whose paths she crossed with a great work ethic, ultimate integrity, genuine care for our student-athletes, and a passion for Butler athletics. We will certainly miss Beth, but are thrilled for both her and the University of Minnesota."

During her time at Butler she also had direct oversight of budget and financial aid. In addition, she was responsible for all aspects of compliance and eligibility, which included monitoring and adhering to all university, conference and NCAA rules. Goetz, who oversaw Title IX reviews and monitored the gender equity plan, was also responsible for all athletic department reports, including the university program evaluation, APR, GSR and EADA.

Is she hot?

Is she hot?

8579013.jpeg

Not too shabby for a 39/40 year old.

I love coaching searches, but I am starting to get nervous about this one. I would be happier with Brad Stevens than I would with Shaka. Donny seems legit to trust in.

For some reason I am reminded of the old joke. How do you pick the recent law school grad out of a crowd? He's the one who is telling everyone he is a recent law school grad.

Maybe a homeless man's version.

Edit: Goetz definitely isn't bad for her age etc., but Summer Sanders was/is (haven't seen her for a while) really hot.

If Stevens ends up a gopher, Beth jumps Summer

Oh no... not ANOTHER thread to keep watching for laughs. I can't take this.

I didn't think anything could top the Shaka thread but what I have seen since is arguably better. Gopher Hole needs more of this. Whoever takes the job, I hope Norwood fires him within a week so we can do this again.

maybe woody took the 'new coach every year' message to heart. Crash&Burn Billy. anyone going to tweet majerus?

Seth D‏@Sweth_Web39m
Gopher Basketball hires Billy Gillispie as new head coach

With no news today, I'm guessing that we won't hear anything until next week as I'd be surprised to see something hammered out over the weekend unless a coach in the running has his team lose today and agrees tomorrow. Even then I think it's a stretch.

Am I wrong to feel this way? I'm just disappointed that it's not going to be over this week in all likelihood.

Yeah the more time that passes (not saying a lot of time has passed right now), the more shaky this coach search becomes. It doesn't help, from a fans perspective, that we have zero rumors to go on.

I reiterate

lots of posturing going on now, agents are getting deals sweetened. #1 candidate for Gophers job is still in play.

lots of posturing going on now, agents are getting deals sweetened. #1 candidate for Gophers job is still in play.

OK, this starts to remind me of that scene from "Airplane!" when Leslie Nielsen's character keeps popping into the flight deck and repeats the same thing every time.

Top Bottom