Lorenza Surgers enters the transfer portal

We are upgrading with our recruiting class and sometimes its just written on the wall. wish him luck

Depth. He was basically an insurance policy. I don't think anyone expected him to be a star. He was a late add to an area we needed bodies.
Read the thread from when he committed. He was gonna be another Jack Gibbons, because reasons.

Read the thread from when he committed. He was gonna be another Jack Gibbons, because reasons.
I see several comments about how he was a depth add and how options for DE transfers are limited, etc.

Does the recruitment thread count?

Even if we take every post seriously (you shouldn’t) what does fan reacting matter?

Fans could think it is a home run, coaches differently, or the other way around and you would never know.

Last edited:

As i said last year, waste of a roster spot.
Seriously? He comes to the U, causes ZERO problems....is going to get his Masters (obviously a fine young man)....gets a sack in the bowl game (I believe?) and you call him a waste of roster spot? These are kids/young men......get over yourself. SMH

Seriously? He comes to the U, causes ZERO problems....is going to get his Masters (obviously a fine young man)....gets a sack in the bowl game (I believe?) and you call him a waste of roster spot? These are kids/young men......get over yourself. SMH
Waste of a roster spot.

Waste of a roster spot.
How was it a waste of a roster spot?

He came in, provided depth and experience along the D-Line, appeared in multiple games and is now moving on as a grad transfer to finish up his masters someone else freeing up a roster spot for 2023.

You have no idea what kind of locker room guy he was or what the younger players might have learned from him along the way.

Was 100% not a wasted roster spot, not everyone has to be a superstar, you need role players too and that is what Surgers was.

Best of luck to him. Seems like a good dude. Recruited to add depth, and compete for PT with the younger guys. Mission accomplished. Hopefully he'll find a place he can get a lot of PT for his final season.
And sometimes guys like him who've been around the block, can teach the younger guys a thing or two.

Lol. He filled the role of what?
Seems like a guy that likely practiced and filled a scout team and made others better. They get 85 scholarships a year and less than 50 see the field. There are about 105 total on the team. Fleck tries to fill spots of need and not all will be world beaters.

Top Bottom