Longgggggggggggg Lines Again?

GoGophers2005

Reaction score
Now how on Earth can the lines getting into the stadium be WORSE than they were for the first game against Air Force?
These guys are total tools and clueless how to move people through the lines.

I walked from Gate D's line, which was almost to the Leaning Tower of Pizza, over to the student gate which had no lines whatsoever....I went up to go in and the guy asked for my student ID. I said this is a real ticket and I'm not a student. He told me I had to use the other gate. I asked him which one (I was playing dumb) and he couldn't tell me.

So the student tickets don't look any different than the regular tickets?

We got in line at 10:40 and actually got to my seat with 11 minutes left in the 1st quarter. I looked down to Gate D when I was walking to my seat and it still looked like hell. I bet some people didn't get into the game until the 1st quarter was almost over.

Pathetic Pathetic Pathetic.

Gates opened at nine and there were no lines until 10:40. Get to the stadium earlier. Problem solved.

I got in Gate D in 8 minutes 30 minutes before the game. The lines were fine.

I think it's reasonable to assume that if you get to the stadium 20 minutes before the game starts, you'll be able to get to your seats before kickoff. That was not the case for me yesterday, and I think it's a problem that still needs to be addressed.

Gates opened at nine and there were no lines until 10:40. Get to the stadium earlier. Problem solved.

Earlier only means 30 to 40 minutes prior to KO. 10-15 minutes makes a huge difference.

Fans should realize that there is now a reason to get to the game earlier as there is now a better pre-game atmosphere.

If you show up right before the game starts, expect to have to wait. Is it that hard to understand? It's like that just about everywhere.

It took me less than 5 minutes to go from being in line to the concourse at Gate D about 35-40 minutes before kick-off. Imagine that, earlier is better!

Don't tell me about pregame atmosphere and to get to the games earlier.
I am the first into the tailgate lot at 6:45am.
I WALK from the West Bank parking lot at 10am.
I stop at the McNamara and we all have a beer.
At 10:35 we start across the street to the stadium.

We then get to our Gate and have to wait 40 minutes to get into the game whereas the Cal game I didn't?

I've been to thousands of sporting events and NEVER miss the start of a game.

This isn't my problem.

We then get to our Gate and have to wait 40 minutes to get into the game whereas the Cal game I didn't?

This isn't my problem.

Well...Try walking from your lot (not sure why you capitalized walk, should we be impressed that you can walk?) at 9:45, grab your necessary beer at McNamara, and walk across the street at 10:20. Problem resolved. Damn, that was difficult.

The student line took us less than 1 minute at 10:40.

2005: We waltzed right in at 10:30. Same against AFA. If you are so concerned, maybe you could spare yourself a mere five or ten minutes and a whole lot of complaining. Its not like you are in a time crunch or anything.

by showing up earlier?

You're just plain wrong on this one, Maximus. This is a customer service issue, and the U is failing.

I got in line 15 minutes before kickoff. I knew I was taking my chances, but getting in with two minutes left in the first quarter? Unacceptable. If they feel the need to frisk everybody, fine. But they need to hire enough people to do it.

You're just plain wrong on this one, Maximus. This is a customer service issue, and the U is failing.

I got in line 15 minutes before kickoff. I knew I was taking my chances, but getting in with two minutes left in the first quarter? Unacceptable. If they feel the need to frisk everybody, fine. But they need to hire enough people to do it.

Nah, if you did show up a bit earlier it wouldn't be an issue. I don't know why people want to spend a bunch of money on a ticket and get in line with 15min before kick as though you have something better you could be doing with your Saturday morning. It's gameday for crying out loud. Just get there early, enjoy the atmosphere and get in line at a decent time. Problem solved.

This isn't my problem.

I was at gate D at 10:30 or 10:35 and it took me 8 minutes to get in. You picked an incredibly slow line if it took you 40 minutes.

The U has a "Cluster" on their hands.

I too had a long wait entering the stadium at 10:40.

We finally got to our seats after Wisconsin had scored their first touchdown.

I was carrying an open plastic bag full of rain ponchos, jackets, etc.

The attendant that "frisked" me, asked me "What do you have in the bag?"

I said, "A big frikken' bomb...want to see it?"

He said, "No, you've been in line long enough. Go on in and enjoy the game."

Now that's what I call "Tight Security."

Nah, if you did show up a bit earlier it wouldn't be an issue. I don't know why people want to spend a bunch of money on a ticket and get in line with 15min before kick as though you have something better you could be doing with your Saturday morning. It's gameday for crying out loud. Just get there early, enjoy the atmosphere and get in line at a decent time. Problem solved.

I did have something better to be doing ... I was enjoying the improving game-day atmosphere. Something tells me the fellas in the athletic department want us to enjoy that atmosphere. I'm not seeing the activities at the McNamara Center being shut down at 10 so we can all walk over to the stadium in an orderly fashion. I'm not seeing the U of M Bookstore tents close up at 10. They want us out there.

Yes, we know we need to get there 30 minutes early if we want to get into the stadium for kickoff. I think what we're saying is that it shouldn't have to be that way. There's no chance that it's this bad at any other stadium. They need to hire twice as many friskers to make sure the old ladies aren't packing heat.

I do think this was a universal problem, because at kick off, I'd say there were still 20k seats that were empty. I've been to games at most Big 10 stadiums, and even at the bigger venues, The Horseshoe and The Big house I haven't seen lines like this, nor have I had to wait that long (and they're accommodating twice as many people). Obviously, problem is solved if you go in at 10am - but personally, I'd rather be at my tailgate with great friends, food and drinks, and take my chances and go in at 10:40. Morning tailgates go so fast, those last minutes are cherished!

Did anyone have a problem at any gate other than D?

We had to come at the last minute because of some kid events earlier in the morning. We bypassed gate E because the line looked kind of long. We went to our gate (D) and the line was much worse. It took us about 15 minutes to get in. We should have used gate E.

Part of the problem is the people scanning......I work a part time job where we use scanners on tickets, so I know of which I speak. It takes these people 5 minutes to find the code bar and then another 5 minutes to acutally scan the tickets. It shouldn't be that difficult.

The situation at the gates is very un-even. I had huge problems vs Air Force, no problem vs Cal and a slight wait yesterday and in each case I got in line about 35 minutes before kickoff. The people working the gates are a big part of the problem. I have been to at least 20 other college stadiums and our gate situation is still a problem that needs to be fixed. It is to be expected that there will be lines but some of the situations sound unreasonable.

I use D and I thought the line was a bit long but it wasn't terribly shocking, at this point I expect it. If they extended the metal barriers and organized the lines earlier they would be able to get people through faster though. Right now they have chaos up until around ten feet from where they frisk you, people are cutting in line from the side up to that point.

Ironically, during the game I've found the concourse near gate D to be the least packed and the bathroom/concession lines to be the shortest... make sure you differentiate between those two lines.

I went in gate B about 45 minutes before the game, and there was no line. However, after my ticket was scanned it took about 10 seconds for the ticket reader device to validate my ticket. He said there was a delay for some reason, like a slow network response or something. I don't know if this had anything to do with it, but it could have had something to do with the long lines.

I think the biggest problem is more people were trying to get in closer to game time then the previous two games. I think demand was much greater yesterday right before game time.

It took about 45 seconds to get through at Gate E at 10:30. However there were some lines at Gate E next to the store that were 30 deep. Some people just can't help themselves like the time I told some women ahead of me in the general line at Air Force that there was no waiting for the women's line. They ignored me and waited 30 minutes.

The metrodome had a few more gates and those seemed to have more room. For the bigger games where there were 50,000+ at the dome the lines took a while. I don't know that we're used to 50,000 people consistently showing up for a game. However if they add 30,000 seats they're going to have a real hard time with lines and will need to figure something out.

I got in line at Gate D at 10:20, and it took 20 minutes to get into the stadium.

Concessions at halftime were fine, but this is a big step back from the Cal game.

Not so bad

Have used gate D all 3 games. Have had absoultly no problem. Showing up anywhere from 1 hour to 40 minutes before kickoff. Concessions ok. Do not known where people are pulling the bathroom thing from, in and out. Maybe people need to relax a little and realize there are going to be problems at first. Show up early and for god sake stay to the end.

There was no more than a 3 minute line at Gate B at 10:30. There was a 10 or 15 minute line at Gate B at 30 to 45 minutes before game time for the Air Force game but it has been great since then. Staff is well trained and personable. Who shows up 20 minutes before game time and expect to not have a line?

My point is this week it was a huge step backwards in regards to getting into the game compared to the first 2 weeks. Air Force sucked, Cal was great. We approached this week thinking that we'd have the same experience as the Cal game and it wasn't even close.

GopherLady nailed it....enjoying the campus and tailgating is to be cherished and it shouldn't have to be cut any shorter than it already is for these morning games because the U hasn't figured how to move people in straight organized lines.

20 mins. in line is simple 20 too many if you ask me.

no problem here

in line by 10:20, your in before the band plays.

For the cal game at 10:45 I was in in 30 seconds at Gate E. For the Wisconsin game it took me 15 minutes at 10:45....

Something's amiss.....

Top Bottom