Limegrover needs to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure the offense was on the field long enough to play more then 4 plays...

Just not a good game. Nelson got rattled, the WRs did not catch that well, the OL is makeshift and the defense still needs developing...It will take another year or two for the team to genuinely be competitive against the upper echelon of B1G.

So, FireCosgroveGuy, the last thread you started was "Limegrover is not good." I think we know how you feel.

And given your moniker, seems to me you have a pretty strong opinion that OC's and DC's are the difference between success and failure. Or at least the first to be blamed for any disappointment. Maybe you are right, but I think perhaps we have not yet seen what Limegrover is capable of, once he has the offensive players he wants and does not have such a concentration of injuries in key positions.

Boy there are a lot of ignorant people here. First they bitch that all we do is hire coordinators now fire another. You are going to be amazed at how smart our coordinators are going to get in yr. 4-5 of this staff. They need time and are on track! Nebraska is where we want this pgm to get, not Illinois.

Anyone who thinks the outcome of this game was based on Limegrover doesn't have a clue...

Well, what I said earlier about the complainers of Limegrover was deleted because I said it too harshly, and the comment was deleted, so I will say it again, only more politely.. Call Jerry Kill for an interview, show him what you can do better and prove it. Until then, all of you complainers are nothing but complainers.

Well, what I said earlier about the complainers of Limegrover was deleted because I said it too harshly, and the comment was deleted, so I will say it again, only more politely.. Call Jerry Kill for an interview, show him what you can do better and prove it. Until then, all of you complainers are nothing but complainers.

And before any of you criticize the receivers who dropped passes today, call Kill up for a tryout and show that you can catch a pass with a safety about to hit you... :rolleyes:

Look, I'm not saying Limegrover is the problem with the offense right now, but this kind of reasoning is just stupid. You don't necessarily need to be an expert in a certain field to be able to point out that someone in that field isn't doing a very good job.

And before any of you criticize the receivers who dropped passes today, call Kill up for a tryout and show that you can catch a pass with a safety about to hit you... :rolleyes:

Look, I'm not saying Limegrover is the problem with the offense right now, but this kind of reasoning is just stupid. You don't necessarily need to be an expert in a certain field to be able to point out that someone in that field isn't doing a very good job.

Then YOU go replace Limegrover if you can do better,

I'll concern myself about it once the hiring and firing decisions are made by the Gopherhole.

If I were a Gopher coach, I wouldn't bother reading GopherHole.

Wow...this is a spectacularily bad thread.

We have a young team without may playmakers, it's almost impossible to call a game.

Anyone can nitpick play callls (after the fact) when you get blown out. Unfortunately, more of that has to do with talent than with bad plays.

Limegrover called a really good play on 2nd and 1 on the first drive, but Kirkwood decided to go E and W rather than N and S.

Limegrover called a great play on the deep pass to McDonald, McDonald didn't haul it in.

Limegrover called a good play on the pass to DCT but it wasn't executed.

We couldn't run the ball, we have a true FR QB and we don't have the playmakers to beat Nebraska. What exactly did you want, besides to whine about every coordinator?

As far as FCG whine about us not protecting Nelson more when they blitz....well, there are two ways to burn a zone, offer more protection and hope your playmakers can beat their DBs or you hope to make them miss on the blitz and burn them deep. Do you have faith in this current group of WRs to make a lot of plays?

I really dislike this argument. A good coordinator would alter the game plan a bit to fit his current personnel. If he's trying to shoehorn guys in that don't fit his game plan, maybe he should try to change the game plan to fit the guys he does have.

For the most part, this is college football.

Alabama under Saban will always sort of look like, well, Alabama.
Wisconsin has been the same team (scheme wise) for years.
Etc.

Ok, I think the people calling for firings are a little pre mature, but the people that are saying "well you call Jerry up and show him what you can do" are just as ridiculous.

Jerry Kill is making $1.2 million a year. Taking criticism for big losses is PART OF THE JOB.

The kids are scholarship athletes who are being paid over 100 grand to play football for this university. They are not there for an education. If they were, 75% of them wouldn't enroll in cupcake majors that will have them walking the floor of Target after graduation. Taking criticism for big losses is PART OF THE JOB.

We can't do better, and that is why we are not getting paid thousands or millions of dollars to do it. These guys are. So cut it out with the over reactions, but it is A-okay for a fan to talk about what was done wrong or what needs to be done to improve. You know, there aren't a lot of positives to take away from a 38-14 thrashing. The only one being tossed around is that they didn't put up 84 points. Congratulations.

Ok, I think the people calling for firings are a little pre mature, but the people that are saying "well you call Jerry up and show him what you can do" are just as ridiculous.

Jerry Kill is making $1.2 million a year. Taking criticism for big losses is PART OF THE JOB.

The kids are scholarship athletes who are being paid over 100 grand to play football for this university. They are not there for an education. If they were, 75% of them wouldn't enroll in cupcake majors that will have them walking the floor of Target after graduation. Taking criticism for big losses is PART OF THE JOB.

We can't do better, and that is why we are not getting paid thousands or millions of dollars to do it. These guys are.

I don't really have any issue with any of the coaches being criticisized and I don't think the issue is that we shouldn't second guess anything that they do. However, the "I'd like to see what you called" is a natural reaction to the nonsense of a thread like this.

The point is that we were totally dominated in terms of talent and to expect Limegrover or any OC to call a game to overcome a less talented team playing poorly is laughable. The "i'd like to see what you'd do" really means, "there isn't a coordinator on planet Earth who could have gotten results from our offense today". It's not saying that these guys can't be criticisized, it's just dealing in reality.

We can't do better, and that is why we are not getting paid thousands or millions of dollars to do it. These guys are. So cut it out with the over reactions, but it is A-okay for a fan to talk about what was done wrong or what needs to be done to improve. You know, there aren't a lot of positives to take away from a 38-14 thrashing. The only one being tossed around is that they didn't put up 84 points. Congratulations.

You, my friend, are a total dirtball for those insults to our Gophers, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Wow...this is a spectacularily bad thread.

We have a young team without may playmakers, it's almost impossible to call a game.

Anyone can nitpick play callls (after the fact) when you get blown out. Unfortunately, more of that has to do with talent than with bad plays.

Limegrover called a really good play on 2nd and 1 on the first drive, but Kirkwood decided to go E and W rather than N and S.

Limegrover called a great play on the deep pass to McDonald, McDonald didn't haul it in.

Limegrover called a good play on the pass to DCT but it wasn't executed.

We couldn't run the ball, we have a true FR QB and we don't have the playmakers to beat Nebraska. What exactly did you want, besides to whine about every coordinator?As far as FCG whine about us not protecting Nelson more when they blitz....well, there are two ways to burn a zone, offer more protection and hope your playmakers can beat their DBs or you hope to make them miss on the blitz and burn them deep. Do you have faith in this current group of WRs to make a lot of plays?

This. Did anyone look at Nebraska's O-line and notice how big and strong they are compared to us? This game was over when we stepped off the bus.

Not that you're generalizing though, right? None of them have a difficult major or end up with a nice career outside of sports?

You, my friend, are a total dirtball for those insults to our Gophers, and you should be ashamed of yourself.

It is the reality of NCAA D1 football. The Gophers are just one of the other 120+ BCS Teams that practice it (with a few exceptions).

Not that you're generalizing though, right? None of them have a difficult major or end up with a nice career outside of sports?

Didn't say all of them.

Yes, but you also don't get it. College football is a big-time business. The coaches and players can be criticized, and if they don't like it, they can play in the MIAC. And it's embarrassing to be down to Nebraska 38-0.

Yes, but you also don't get it. College football is a big-time business. The coaches and players can be criticized, and if they don't like it, they can play in the MIAC. And it's embarrassing to be down to Nebraska 38-0.

The point is John Galt, if ya gonna bitch about it, ya do something then to improve it. If ya ain't gonna walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

So, FireCosgroveGuy, the last thread you started was "Limegrover is not good." I think we know how you feel.

And given your moniker, seems to me you have a pretty strong opinion that OC's and DC's are the difference between success and failure. Or at least the first to be blamed for any disappointment. Maybe you are right, but I think perhaps we have not yet seen what Limegrover is capable of, once he has the offensive players he wants and does not have such a concentration of injuries in key positions.

I don't like Limegrover and the sad nature of many of these play calls have been evident since he and Kill brought the offense here.

Sometimes you can just see that guys are not capable of filling a role at this level. Cosgrove had a horrible defensive scheme and it was obvious from day 1.

People argue talent, but talent has nothing to do with horrible play selection over and over and over. Its the same thing all the time.

The point is John Galt, if ya gonna bitch about it, ya do something then to improve it. If ya ain't gonna walk the walk, don't talk the talk.

It's called a message board genius. People are going to talk about the Gophers and be critical after a loss. If you don't like it, don't show up.

I don't like Limegrover and the sad nature of many of these play calls have been evident since he and Kill brought the offense here.

Sometimes you can just see that guys are not capable of filling a role at this level. Cosgrove had a horrible defensive scheme and it was obvious from day 1.

People argue talent, but talent has nothing to do with horrible play selection over and over and over. Its the same thing all the time.

Especially on offense, talent has EVERYTHING to do with playcalling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom