Limegrover needs to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Short yardage? Call a slow developing run.

3rd and 13? Call a 5 yard pass.

3rd and 7? Call a play with no additional protection, watch the D blitz and sack the QB.

The guy has no clue and is cannot make even reasonable calls at this level.

The guy is not a good OC and has an inept offensive mind, but he also has no play-makers on offense to rely on.

The guy is not a good OC and has an inept offensive mind, but he also has no play-makers on offense to rely on.

There certainly are no star players but stop putting them in a terrible position like slow developing short yardage plays or zero blitz protection.

Claeys is under more scrutiny from here than Limegrover. I'm beyond frustrated with the defensive strategy.

Claeys is under more scrutiny from here than Limegrover. I'm beyond frustrated with the defensive strategy.

If Mason had this good of a defense we wouldn't be talking about Claeys

Yes let's not give our coordinators time to get recruits to fit their game plan. Let's switch our coordinators and start over. Worked well when Brewster did it. Get real people.

If Mason had this good of a defense we wouldn't be talking about Claeys

Look at the offenses this defense has stopped. That's right - nobody.

When things start to go bad, we just let it get worse by not adjusting. Prevent defense in the first quarter? Really? No pressure on the qb? No bumps at the line of scrimmage on their WRs? Really? And i even get the feeling that the players are not liking where they are being told to line up on the field.

I am fine with getting out muscled or out paced by teams. Especially good ones like Nebraska, and especially on the road. But show some effort, for crying out loud!! Leave it all on the field! Try a blitz... once... maybe... We continue to be picked apart and we just take it.

When things start to go bad, we just let it get worse by not adjusting. Prevent defense in the first quarter? Really? No pressure on the qb? No bumps at the line of scrimmage on their WRs? Really? And i even get the feeling that the players are not liking where they are being told to line up on the field.

I am fine with getting out muscled or out paced by teams. Especially good ones like Nebraska, and especially on the road. But show some effort, for crying out loud!! Leave it all on the field! Try a blitz... once... maybe... We continue to be picked apart and we just take it.

Your x and o credibility is weakened by your post. Blitzing a catch and release game from gun or 3 step under center is worthless. It's not a prevent defense...it's zone. You want man? That's what Stoudermire was beat in twice.

Your x and o credibility is weakened by your post. Blitzing a catch and release game from gun or 3 step under center is worthless. It's not a prevent defense...it's zone. You want man? That's what Stoudermire was beat in twice.

Stoudermire just can't cover. Great athlete but not by any means a shut down corner. Should have moved him to free safety.

Where is any offense? This isn't Alabama's defense. At least the defense seems to make adjustments at half time. When has our defense ever stopped a big ten team post Carl Eller?

Stoudermire just can't cover. Great athlete but not by any means a shut down corner. Should have moved him to free safety.

I feel the only way he sniffs the NFL is as a returner.

I feel the only way he sniffs the NFL is as a returner.

If they watch his highlight video from college, it won't take them very long to get through it. 30 seconds maybe?

Kill's season #2 not even complete and people already want to see someone fired. REALLY!! WE HAVE BEEN LOSING FOR 40 YEARS! I think I can hang on for another 3-4 to see what Kill and his staff are going to do.

Damn you Limegrover! It's your fault our receivers can't catch a ball.

The 5 losses were Claeys/Limegrovers fault...but they had nothing to do with the 6 wins, right?:rolleyes:

Its a talent issue right now, not so much a coaching issue...although, there are some fair criticisms for the coaching staff, such as conservative play calling, but what points to this being a talent issue more so than a coaching issue, is that we have beat the teams we should have beaten, and lost to the teams that we were expected to lose to...granted, that good coaching should get you an upset or two a season (which we have not gotten yet), we just simply dont have the talent to beat the likes of Nebraska/Michigan/Wisconsin right now.

Limegrover has called 4 different plays this game. Genius.

CALM DOWN! CALM DOWN! CALM DOWN!

While I agree with many of the initial points by FireCosgroveGuy Minnesota would be absolute IDIOTS to fire Limegrover. Can't you people see that firing coaches year after year is not the way to go?! Can we get some freakin' consistency in a program for 4-5+ years before we all scream that the sky is falling?! For Christ sake, we all saw what merry go round coordinators have done to the development of Gray and Weber. Settle the F' down and ride it out. It's a freshman QB on the road. We're not going to throw a ton at them. We're outmanned with a Frosh QB and a makeshift line.

Yes let's not give our coordinators time to get recruits to fit their game plan. Let's switch our coordinators and start over. Worked well when Brewster did it. Get real people.

I really dislike this argument. A good coordinator would alter the game plan a bit to fit his current personnel. If he's trying to shoehorn guys in that don't fit his game plan, maybe he should try to change the game plan to fit the guys he does have.

I really dislike this argument. A good coordinator would alter the game plan a bit to fit his current personnel. If he's trying to shoehorn guys in that don't fit his game plan, maybe he should try to change the game plan to fit the guys he does have.

What would be the difference in firing him or him changing his playbook every year to fit whatever guy is out there? You need consistency to win. You bring in a system and recruit to it not the other way around.

What would be the difference in firing him or him changing his playbook every year to fit whatever guy is out there? You need consistency to win. You bring in a system and recruit to it not the other way around.

BINGO!!!!

For Christ sake, we all saw what merry go round coordinators have done to the development of Gray and Weber. Settle the F' down and ride it out. It's a freshman QB on the road. We're not going to throw a ton at them. We're outmanned with a Frosh QB and a makeshift line.

I remember 84-13 in the Dome. The next year Holtz went to Lincoln and lost 38-7. We all thought it was a moral victory. Given Nebraska's offensive fireworks and that they went for a TD just before the half, 38-14 isn't all that bad - though I agree Limegrover has to loosen up and try some stuff.

Can we just continue the transition before we call for the departure of the staff. We are not at 4 deep at any position that needs to be. Until we have depth, don't blame the staff. Give it time. 2 more years, at least. Not time to call for anybody's head when you have no idea how difficult it is to deal with an injured front line, injured receivers, a freshman QB, and 2 centers out. Hey, today we cut the average Nebraska margin in half. Is that not progress? Realistic steps. Forget fantasy.

Can we just continue the transition before we call for the departure of the staff. We are not at 4 deep at any position that needs to be. Until we have depth, don't blame the staff. Give it time. 2 more years, at least. Not time to call for anybody's head when you have no idea how difficult it is to deal with an injured front line, injured receivers, a freshman QB, and 2 centers out. Hey, today we cut the average Nebraska margin in half. Is that not progress? Realistic steps. Forget fantasy.

Dean, you were nicer than I.

Limegrover has done nothing to impress me, but you can't fire the guy in year two. This isn't even close to happening, so why even talk about it? I hope we can get the right players to fit his vision because he sure can't get the guys we have to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom