Let the music play - new Concert Reviews/Experiences

Had two new music venue experiences in the last few weeks.

1st: Dead and Co. at the L.A. Forum (Inglewood). Great show and a great venue. Same place the Lakers played in during the Showtime days. Highly recommend going if you get the chance. Was told it looked pretty much the same as it did back then.

2nd: Yeah Yeah Yeahs at the Armory. Last time I was inside that building was when my dad and I parked for Gopher games in the dome. Really impressed with what they did with the place. Top notch music venue. They were able to make a very corporate style place much less bothersome than the Fillmore did. It helped I was lucky enough to get VIP seats/section but it still looked it had great views of the stage from almost everywhere.

The Armory is probably my favorite venue to see a show. Capacity allows for a much more comfortable experience than First Avenue. Bars surrounding the entire floor so there's basically no wait for service. Getting up into the VIP balcony levels is even better. Got dirt cheap upgrades for Coheed & Cambria last summer which was very cool.

The Armory is probably my favorite venue to see a show. Capacity allows for a much more comfortable experience than First Avenue. Bars surrounding the entire floor so there's basically no wait for service. Getting up into the VIP balcony levels is even better. Got dirt cheap upgrades for Coheed & Cambria last summer which was very cool.
Agree on The Armory. It's perfect for 40-somethings who feel like they've aged out of First Ave. :LOL:

Anyone else see Taylor Swift? I don't suppose there are many huge fans on here, but that show is incredible. Almost three and a half hours every night. It is insane.

Anyone else see Taylor Swift? I don't suppose there are many huge fans on here, but that show is incredible. Almost three and a half hours every night. It is insane.

I can imagine that even if you weren't a Taylor Swift fan.....the show was still probably a lot of fun. Still can't imagine paying as much as those tickets were running. I thought the appx $130-140 (before taxes and fees) I paid to see Tool last year was a lot.

Just got notification that Louise Post is playing on July 21st at the Turf Club. Would like to see Veruca Salt play together....but this is good too....as she's definitely the more important piece. Out of curiosity.....because this is a Friday show....I looked back at the last ten concerts that I've gone to. 7 of the 10 have been a Friday or Saturday. That's just good luck to have STP/Minneapolis falling on one of these two weekend days for this many shows (that I've been interested in going to).

I can imagine that even if you weren't a Taylor Swift fan.....the show was still probably a lot of fun. Still can't imagine paying as much as those tickets were running. I thought the appx $130-140 (before taxes and fees) I paid to see Tool last year was a lot.

Just got notification that Louise Post is playing on July 21st at the Turf Club. Would like to see Veruca Salt play together....but this is good too....as she's definitely the more important piece. Out of curiosity.....because this is a Friday show....I looked back at the last ten concerts that I've gone to. 7 of the 10 have been a Friday or Saturday. That's just good luck to have STP/Minneapolis falling on one of these two weekend days for this many shows (that I've been interested in going to).
We were way up there, but we paid $130 after fees. Not bad at all considering what some paid.

I made the trip over the weekend to the west Chicago suburb of Berwyn to see Son Volt headline Night 1 of American Festival. It's a great event, 4 days on 3 stages, 2 indoors and a mainstage tent in between the 2 bars. Beers was relatively cheap ($5-$6) and a nearby bar-b-que joint provided the tasty concessions. I would guess the attendance was somewhere in the 1,200 - 1,500 neighborhood.

It was essentially the same set list as I saw in Chicago, but I am good with that. No downturn at all and the band seems even tighter. I have not been that close to the stage since I saw the first version of SV at the Troubadour back in 1996.

Of the other artists I saw, I would highly recommend checking out SG Goodman (sort of like a Lucinda Williams protege) and Jackie Jensen (sort of like a female Prince protege). They can both bring it. I also saw the last half of the Waco Brothers, who rocked.

Huge bonus, walking distance from my cousin's house. I don't think it will be my last American Festival.
I made a return trip the 40th American Music Festival at Fitzgerald's in Berwyn, Illinois.

Night 1 featured a headlining performance by Lucinda Williams. With previous plans to hit the Cubs matinee at Wrigley Field, we did not jump on tix for that night which sold out quick. Since I was staying close by, I wondered over to the venue she was playing at what I figured the midway point of her set, and stood on the sidewalk behind the tent she was playing in. There were about 50 of us freeloaders out there, and the venue made zero attempt to shoo us away.

Got see the back of Lucinda's head as she performed the last 5 songs of here main set, which included a heartfelt tribute to Tom Petty. I stuck around for her encore, which included Rockin' In the Free World. She sounds great. Vocals only at this point and her band (the Buick 6) is very tight.

Turns out I missed by like two songs prior, a surprise appearance by Steve Earle (Day 2 Headliner), right off a plane from Ireland. They actually played one of his songs for which Sweet Lu had helped out on the original recording, You're Still Standing There. Bummer.

Her voice still sounds strong, though she was helped by a lyrics sheet. Once she was done, she walked off the stage to a waiting car right behind us on the sidewalk and off she went.

Day 2 I was a paying ticket holder. Saw Miles Nielson and the Rusted Heart. They don't really sound anything his old man's group, Cheap Trick. Much more roots rock orientated. Really good.

Also on the bill was The Cactus Blossoms, who made the same journey as I did via 90/94 from the Twin Cities to the West Chicago suburbs. I have seen them a few times on the local circuit, including once at their Turf residency. They were a big hit, and the bar was full for their 5pm show.

Steve Earle's solo headline appearance was just awesome. They only other times I had seen him by himself were at the Minnesota Zoo as an opener, so he was limited to a sets a little over an hour.

Saturday was close, maybe over, 2 hrs. Early featured great runs of Someday, Guitar Town & Taney Town. He was quite pleased with the audience took over on Someday for the lyric and shouted back: Someday I'll put her on the inner state and never look back

For the most part it was the usual stuff one would expect to hear at a Steve Earle solo show. While I love the Dukes, it's also great to hear the raw emotion of him solo. CCKMP was unbelievably haunting.

Towards the end, he waxed nostalgic about his mentors Townes Van Zandt, Guy Clark and Jerry Jeff Walker, all of which he has now done tribute albums. He told the story of playing Mr Bojangles in HS at talent shows/plays and learning the guitar to pick up chicks. He was asked by the Walker family to sing a song at his burial.

If that wasn't emotional enough, it got really heavy with him discussing his son's Justin's overdose, his coping, and moving on by performing Harlem River Blues. It's obviously somewhat cathartic.

Other huge highlights were Transcendental Blues and Copperhead Road. The whole thing was amazing.

Fortunately the predicted Saturday night storms stayed to the north of Berwyn and the show went on with barley a few drops of rain. Sunday, Berwyn was the epicenter of storms. Just under 9 inches fell. The nearby Eisenhower (290) was shut down just 2 exits to the west.

I hope I can get back for the 41st American Festival in 2024.

Dead and Company at Folsom Field in Boulder was tremendous. The football stadium was just fine for the show but it did look better when it was filled with Gopher fans a few years ago. I really wish Colorado was added to the BIG and not one of the others.

That was my last Dead show. Been going since 1986.

Louise Post concert at the Turf Club was cancelled along with the other two final stops of her tour. Bummer. Just found out that Noah Gundersen is playing the Turf Club on October 12th.....which more than makes up for it. He should be a much bigger deal than he is.

Just picked up tickets to Brian Jonestown Massacre at the Varsity. Haven't been there in a while.

It's a rare show when I band I follow is the opening act, as was the case last night with Dinosaur Jr set to go before something called Clutch last night at the Palace. The energy is always subdued for the opener even in a "co-headline setting" and it generally means a shorter set.

At $50, midweek and having seen Dino Jr roar through a headline set last fall at 1st Ave I was not really feeling a strong urge to check it out. Still there was some allure. I thought if they were playing at least 12 songs (1 hr) and could get it for less than $50, it would still be worth checking out as an opener, and I could get home by 10pm. Not all bad.

Checking out Setlist.com around dinner time, they indeed were playing 13 song sets. AXS website indicated GA tix were still available for $47.50 (no fees if you buy at the venue). Nothing else going on, the boxes were all checked so at 7pm I decided to make the trip to St Paul.

Got there about 8pm. Dino Jr hit the stage at 8:20pm and left at 9:20pm. I would guess about 1/3rd were fans into it, so enough to make it palatable. While crowded, there was enough room to move about the main floor. Got a good dose of songs even casual non-hardcore fans would be familiar with especially the 2nd half. No Wagon but did get Freak Scene which seems to be alternating on the set at the penultimate song leading into Just Like Heaven as a standard finale. Cool to see that one again after watching the Cure play it a few blocks up the road just a couple of months ago.

Home by 10:15 pm even with a stop at DQ.

Other notes:

- The Palace is really cracking down on only those with GA tix being allowed on the Main Floor. Heavy security, need to show ticket again, and need to get both hands stamped. Not sure if it's a fire code thing, because generally reserved seats above are more expensive. Maybe not for the upper balcony.

- I didn't realize previously that on one of the songs Lou sings (Garden) he switches to lead guitar and J plays bass.

- The Palace is really cracking down on only those with GA tix being allowed on the Main Floor. Heavy security, need to show ticket again, and need to get both hands stamped. Not sure if it's a fire code thing, because generally reserved seats above are more expensive. Maybe not for the upper balcony.
I encountered this also for the first time at the Widespread Panic show. Was wondering if it was just certain shows. I’ve been on the floor with a GA ticket when it has been absurdly crowded, so it’s a welcome move from my perspective.

I made a return trip the 40th American Music Festival at Fitzgerald's in Berwyn, Illinois.

Steve Earle's solo headline appearance was just awesome. They only other times I had seen him by himself were at the Minnesota Zoo as an opener, so he was limited to a sets a little over an hour.

Saturday was close, maybe over, 2 hrs. Early featured great runs of Someday, Guitar Town & Taney Town. He was quite pleased with the audience took over on Someday for the lyric and shouted back: Someday I'll put her on the inner state and never look back

For the most part it was the usual stuff one would expect to hear at a Steve Earle solo show. While I love the Dukes, it's also great to hear the raw emotion of him solo. CCKMP was unbelievably haunting.

Towards the end, he waxed nostalgic about his mentors Townes Van Zandt, Guy Clark and Jerry Jeff Walker, all of which he has now done tribute albums. He told the story of playing Mr Bojangles in HS at talent shows/plays and learning the guitar to pick up chicks. He was asked by the Walker family to sing a song at his burial.

If that wasn't emotional enough, it got really heavy with him discussing his son's Justin's overdose, his coping, and moving on by performing Harlem River Blues. It's obviously somewhat cathartic.

Other huge highlights were Transcendental Blues and Copperhead Road. The whole thing was amazing.
I did see Steve Earle last Thursday for Night 1 of a 2 night stand at the Dakota. Interesting downtown atmosphere as downtown Minneapolis was quite abuzz for Pink. Looked like it was going to be quite festive at Target Field.

As for Earle, I had a feeling it was going to be essentially the same show if not the same setlist, and it was. This was fine by me as it encompasses his career in fine fashion. Even the stage chatter was almost identical, as though he modeled it a bit off of Springsteen's Broadway show.

Makes sense given how Earle is now based in NYC and immersed in theater, currently working on a stage/musical for Tender Mercies. In a lot of ways, this one man show played a lot better on the Dakota stage as opposed to the mini-festival I saw in a tent in Berwyn, IL. However, there was less energy from this dinner crowd and less audience participation when prompted by the auteur. Still, all good.

Only song difference I could tell was the the finale, got Hard-Core Troubadour in Mpls as opposed to Jerusalem in Chicagoland.

It doesn't seem like there's a lot of country fans around here, even I just started getting into more country over the last few years. The Zach Bryan concert at Target Center was awesome last Wednesday.

It's amazing how fast he has blown up, he just played at Surly one year ago, and now he's selling out a 20,000 person venue. The entire crowd was into it, most people never left their seats the entire concert. It almost felt like a big time college football game, there was just a buzz to the atmosphere. It felt a lot like the Penn St game in 2019 but in a smaller arena to me.

Considering he has blown up due to social media, I shouldn't have been surprised at how young the crowd was, probably averaged mid-20s. I'm guessing next time he's back in town he'll be at Target Field or US Bank Stadium.

My favorite album of the 90s (which thus puts in strong contention as my favorite album ever) is Son Volt's, Trace. I've been unwavering about that pretty much from first listen in 1995 and especially after seeing the original tour in Hollywood at the Troubadour.

Many songs are still a staple for Farrar and there was a 20th Anniversary edition with a small tour where it was played start to finish. No Twin Cities stops though, and I did not road trip. Plans were for a 25th Anniversary Tour, but the pandemic quashed that. Son Volt did mount a 2022 tour behind their new release Electric Melodier, which was very satisfying.

Along with a Doug Sahm tribute album (Day of the Doug), the tour this year was billed as a 28 Year Celebration of Trace. Again no Twin Cities gigs. With family in Chicago (also fans of Son Volt), the Evanston show at Space last Thursday was a no brainer.

With so much personal expectation, sure there was a chance of a letdown. Not the case. The show was amazing at quite a quaint venue (guessing about 400 capacity). It started with 7 Sahm covers, including Give Back the Key to My Heart which was also done by Farrar's preceding band, Uncle Tupelo. I don't think I have seen that live since the original Trace tour.

It then moved to Trace followed by 5 songs since that album for the end of the main set. Even at that point 23 songs I am sure is the longest I have ever seen Farrar perform. For a dessert encore we got Petty's American Girl and a traditional closer, Chickamauga.

It was a blast.

Last edited:

Had a fun night tonight, went and saw Snoop Dogg at a big outdoor amphitheater in Phoenix, about 10K packed the place. Warren G, Too Short and Wiz all opened. Warren G was the best of the openers, dude crushed it.

Snoop was exactly as I envisioned, heck of a life that guy has led. Puts on a great show, tried to play a few newer songs but that didn’t win the crowd over, his classics did. He even brought Lady of Rage up to sing Afro Puffs.

Great concert, great people watching, and my high school version of myself would be proud I spent an evening like this.

Go Snoop!!

c;heck out The Glorious Sons on 9/27 at First Ave. Good band live

For PJ fans, the Strib has a good article that touches on their local appearances and how they have remained relevant for 30+ years.

If I were to add a reason #7 it would be Pearl Jam radio on Sirius XM. I found that while renting a car in LA just around their 20th Anniversary (2011) and and reignited my fandom along with the Cameron Crowe documentary Twenty.

The Gophers/Nebraska tussle precluded me from attending Pearl Jam Night 1. After sleeping off the effects of tailgating, the game and a postgame celebration I decided to try my luck at Merch trailer parked in front of the Xcel on Friday morning. I was a bit weary because I was shut out last fall in Nashville as lines day of the show more than circled the entire arena.

It opened at 11am, got there at 10 am and only a few dozen were there so gave it a go in an attempt to score a PJ hockey jersey (Fighting Saints style) and show specific tshirt. Score. Quite happy. By the time I left over 500 were waiting.

Night 2 was really good to border line awesome. I knew there would be favorites not played as they had been performed on Thursday, but that also that Corduroy and Better Man would be in play. So they were, with a bonus Save It for Later tag.

I would score it at 8.5 out of Ten. McCready was on fire. Ament sporting a Low t-shirt during the encore was also a sweet touch. 9 years since their last visit here, hopefully it won't be that long next time.

The Cure and Pearl Jam were certainly a great bookends to this summer's local musical lineup.

The Gophers/Nebraska tussle precluded me from attending Pearl Jam Night 1. After sleeping off the effects of tailgating, the game and a postgame celebration I decided to try my luck at Merch trailer parked in front of the Xcel on Friday morning. I was a bit weary because I was shut out last fall in Nashville as lines day of the show more than circled the entire arena.

It opened at 11am, got there at 10 am and only a few dozen were there so gave it a go in an attempt to score a PJ hockey jersey (Fighting Saints style) and show specific tshirt. Score. Quite happy. By the time I left over 500 were waiting.

Night 2 was really good to border line awesome. I knew there would be favorites not played as they had been performed on Thursday, but that also that Corduroy and Better Man would be in play. So they were, with a bonus Save It for Later tag.

I would score it at 8.5 out of Ten. McCready was on fire. Ament sporting a Low t-shirt during the encore was also a sweet touch. 9 years since their last visit here, hopefully it won't be that long next time.

The Cure and Pearl Jam were certainly a great bookends to this summer's local musical lineup.
Life moves pretty fast. You don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. So says the great philosopher and Cub fan Ferris Bueller.

A last minute opportunity came up to see another Pearl Jam show, this time in Chicago on Tuesday, and I took it. 3rd trip to the Windy City in 10 weeks, so my I-Pass has gotten a work out.

I admit, about the time I hit Tomah, WI, I was kind of thinking what the hell was I doing but the moment passed.

It was a great show, with an opener of Release in a pitch black arena, I knew I made the right choice. Very few repeats from St Paul on Saturday night.

Eddie was in spectacular form. He mentioned his Aunt passed away recently and the family timed the Celebration of Life in Evanston with this tour stop. With several dozen relatives at the United Center, I think he wanted to make this a special night.

Later he told a story of after the ceremony stopping at the house where is grandmother used to live. He wound up hanging out with the current occupants (complete strangers) and then invited them to the show. One had to delay his flight for the start of Med School for a day. Really cool.

There was also a dedication to a 10 Club Fan member from Amsterdam who passed away and the other members signed a petition request to have Rearviewmirror played in his honor. The fan club also crowd sourced paying for the gentleman's funeral, who by all reports was a very nice guy but without any close family. It was the main set closer and the faithful responded in one of the most emotional musical moments I have ever seen. Quite a tribute.

It was another fun night, and I would rank it a 9 out of Ten. Only downside really was the fans around me decided to sit for about half the show. Though while not as fun to not stand as much, my legs and calves appreciated a bit of rest.

Last edited:

It's not often I drive west of the Twin Cities for a show, and rarely have I a ventured past St Cloud. Not just for a concert, just ever. I had been to Fergus Falls once for a HS football game and that was it.

Jason Isbell & The 400 Unit touring for what I consider to be my favorite album of the decade, Weathervanes, was the spark to make the trip on 94W for his Sunday show. It was in Moorhead at the Bluestem Amphitheater. Fabulous venue, about the same seating capacity as the Minnesota Zoo, but also enough lawn and bench space for GA to get to roughly 3000 total.

Only 1 song from the new album was skipped (Vestavia Hills), and wow they really rock live. I was really looking forward to hearing mostly new stuff and the band delivered. Other highlights from the past were Alabama Pines, Stockholm, Super 8, Cover Me Up & 24 Frames.

It ended with a blistering version of It Ain't Easy.

No Amanda nor any DBT tunes, so I can't quite call it perfect. I rate it a 9 out of 10.

I did see Steve Earle last Thursday for Night 1 of a 2 night stand at the Dakota. Interesting downtown atmosphere as downtown Minneapolis was quite abuzz for Pink. Looked like it was going to be quite festive at Target Field.

As for Earle, I had a feeling it was going to be essentially the same show if not the same setlist, and it was. This was fine by me as it encompasses his career in fine fashion. Even the stage chatter was almost identical, as though he modeled it a bit off of Springsteen's Broadway show.

Makes sense given how Earle is now based in NYC and immersed in theater, currently working on a stage/musical for Tender Mercies. In a lot of ways, this one man show played a lot better on the Dakota stage as opposed to the mini-festival I saw in a tent in Berwyn, IL. However, there was less energy from this dinner crowd and less audience participation when prompted by the auteur. Still, all good.

Only song difference I could tell was the the finale, got Hard-Core Troubadour in Mpls as opposed to Jerusalem in Chicagoland.
Listening to Steve Earle's tour wrap up show on Sirius XM, my intuition was confirmed. He modeled his set and performance after seeing the Boss perform and discussing it with Bruce himself.

I missed my calling as a fanzine music critic.

Listening to Steve Earle's tour wrap up show on Sirius XM, my intuition was confirmed. He modeled his set and performance after seeing the Boss perform and discussing it with Bruce himself.

I missed my calling as a fanzine music critic.
For any Steve Earle fans out there he also shared that next summer's tour will also be Solo and that as of now the Dukes are disbanded for the foreseeable future, most likely forever.

At this point in his life he's only able to perform for the most part in the summers while he takes car of his son during the school year and is working on the Broadway production of Tender Mercies. He also mentioned quite frankly it's more profitable and he has to be concerned with his finances "for the rest of his time on this earth".

I totally respect that, but man I have some seen some really great band performances with the Dukes going back to the Transcendental Blues tour and will really miss that.

Perhaps if longtime bass player, Kelley Looney, had not passed away it would not necessarily be so final. I do recall during the Guitar Town 30th Anniversary tour that when he introduced Looney that if he ever left the band that it would be the end of the Dukes.

They didn't go on much longer.

Last edited:

For PJ fans, the Strib has a good article that touches on their local appearances and how they have remained relevant for 30+ years.

If I were to add a reason #7 it would be Pearl Jam radio on Sirius XM. I found that while renting a car in LA just around their 20th Anniversary (2011) and and reignited my fandom along with the Cameron Crowe documentary Twenty.

Pearl Jam Radio on Sirius XM premiered the recent St Paul Night 1 show (8/31/23) for which I had other plans.

- Pretty funny how after 2 songs when Eddie was greeting the audience, he said "After 10 years, good evening Minneapolis!" He quickly tried to cover the gaffe by saying "Minnesota..."

Also it only had been 9 years, not 10 but close enough.

- While Eddie did not go to the Twins game the previous day (just in case he's lost the one in my avatar or wanted an updated version) extra band member Josh Klinghoffer picked up a souvenir batting helmet for him. He was also gifted an actual one by the Twins equipment manager.

- It was really an amped up version of Love Boat Captain in the wake of the Maui tragedy to which Eddie dedicated that song.

I saw Sting at Red Rocks last night, pretty good show. Opened with a rousing rendition of Message in a Bottle and encored with two versions of Roxanne. I thought the highlight was a particularly affecting performance of King of Pain where his son, Joe, joined in.

I saw Sting at Red Rocks last night, pretty good show. Opened with a rousing rendition of Message in a Bottle and encored with two versions of Roxanne. I thought the highlight was a particularly affecting performance of King of Pain where his son, Joe, joined in.
I tried to find someone to go with me as Frontier airline was offering $19 one way tickets recently. Would have been awesome.

Saw The Brian Jonestown Massacre last night (after the Gopher game) at the Varsity. When the Varsity isn't jam packed, it is a great venue. Good show overall. They played a very psychedelic leaning set to begin which was fine by me.

I took my daughter to see Coldplay in San Diego on Thursday night along with iam4Goldy and his daughter. We surprised them both and had a fantastic time. I'm not a huge Coldplay guy, but my daughter loves them and I appreciate the show they put on. They are great performers and the accompanying light show ensures the atmosphere is electric the entire time.

Bonus was the concert was held at the new Aztec football stadium, which was my first time there. Great venue, cant wait to see SDSU play there.

Go Gophers!!

Despite Wilco's storied history of playing shows in the Twins Cities, they have not played Mpls/St Paul since a 3 night residency at the Palace in 2019. The closest was a 2021 co-headline bill with Trampled By Turtles in Red Wing, which was a make-up from 2020.

That means they have now had a re-release of Yankee Hotel Foxtrot as well as double LP Cruel Country in 2022 and recently release Cousin without hitting this market. I showed them by making a relatively short road trip to Omaha, NE for a gig originally scheduled for the Astro Theater on Monday night.

My research was very brief on the venue, just knew it was a 2500 theater with General Admission on the main floor, so I envisioned it was like the Palace. With a stay in nearby Council Bluffs, IA at Harrah's it seemed like a winning combo.

I met my buddy for the trip and were on our way early Monday morning. On our way out of town, I checked my tickets and noticed the venue had changed to the Astro "Amphitheater" and the showtime was moved up 45 minutes. Reason was the Astro Theater was a brand new venue. So new that it was not completed and ran into construction delays. The Amphitheater was completed just weeks ago (311 opened it up last month) and is part of the same complex as part of Lake Vista which is actually several miles southwest of downtown Omaha. Capacity 5000.

I was wondering how it would turn out for a venue of that size with essentially 50% of the tickets sold. Aiding the effort is what I presume unseasonably warm temps for late October, it got to 84, was over 70 at the start and throughout the show and not a cloud in the sky. So all good there, no need to shop for a different wardrobe.

Turns out it was a marvelous experience. Acoustics were amazing, and it was a big enough crowd to provide a great enthusiastic atmosphere. It was a high rise stage which is perfect for sightlines for those that are vertically challenged and with plenty of room with the crowd size, standing along the back rail couldn't have been better. Behind the rail were several tables for those that wanted an upgrade and behind that a few thousand chairs on a lawn.

As for the show itself, the band is such a well oiled machine they delivered a typical solid show. They played 6 songs from Cousin, all enjoyable especially Meant to Be & Evicted. They played 4 tunes each from both YHF and CC. It was sort of a unique set for me, because other than the 2 new albums every other song spanned from Mermaid Ave 1 (1998) - Sky Blue Sky (2007). Since I missed their first tour for AM, that means I think it was the first Wilco show (43 total) I have ever seen without a song from my #1 album by the group, Being There.

No matter, all good, especially a fantastic rendition of California Stars under the stars and a roaring finale of Spiders (Kidsmoke). I am sure Coolhand would have approved (others from AGIB were Handshake Drugs, Hummingbird and Theologians).

Note to self, do a little more homework on the venues before buying tickets when heading out of town. Also check your email for notifications for any changes. Turns out I missed 3 that were informing me of the change in case I desired refund. It all worked out.

As for Harrah's, it's fine. Some modest action on the Texas Rangers M/L in Game 7 and the Vikings covering the +7, paid for most of my room. "Winner, winner, chicken dinner!" Literally. I had the chicken bacon ranch at Guy Fieri's for supper. Got the job done.

Last edited:

I took my daughter to see Coldplay in San Diego on Thursday night along with iam4Goldy and his daughter. We surprised them both and had a fantastic time. I'm not a huge Coldplay guy, but my daughter loves them and I appreciate the show they put on. They are great performers and the accompanying light show ensures the atmosphere is electric the entire time.

Bonus was the concert was held at the new Aztec football stadium, which was my first time there. Great venue, cant wait to see SDSU play there.

Go Gophers!!
They put on a GREAT show. One of the best concerts I've been to.

Top Bottom