lemons from lemonade- Kill/Claeys/Teague

I know...but I was just trying to make a point that continuity isn't always the best answer. (By the way, Kiffin was fired despite having a better record, more difficult schedule, and had to deal with scholarship reductions and postseason bans from a previous regime. Imagine that, having high expectations and standards for a head coach...)

Yep he lost 4 less games (15) in 3.5 years than Carroll did (19) in 9 years. Sanctions or not...that's going backwards!!! (Yes...I know they were stripped of a season, R. Bush, but let's be real.)

I don't think we're going backwards; we aren't going forward fast enough to please some.

Yep he lost 4 less games (15) in 3.5 years than Carroll did (19) in 9 years. Sanctions or not...that's going backwards!!! (Yes...I know they were stripped of a season, R. Bush, but let's be real.)

I don't think we're going backwards; we aren't going forward fast enough to please some.

My feeling is our play the rest of the season better pick up or there will be more who are questioning what direction we're going...forward or backwards. Right now, I feel we're stuck in neutral.

According to the biggest of Kill and staff supporters that is exactly what happened at Northern Illinois.

Excellent point. I am sure the response will be Gophers were in much worse shape than NIU, something Jerry has said multiple times. I think the reality is Jerry inherited a pretty good roster of players at NIU and the "building" he did there is open to debate.

People who think Kill is going anywhere after this year are delusional. Even if they lose the rest of their games there is no admin is going to force a change. Next year will be test and if he doesnt win at least 3 conference games he should be gone

Excellent point. I am sure the response will be Gophers were in much worse shape than NIU, something Jerry has said multiple times. I think the reality is Jerry inherited a pretty good roster of players at NIU and the "building" he did there is open to debate.

People who think Kill is going anywhere after this year are delusional. Even if they lose the rest of their games there is no admin is going to force a change. Next year will be test and if he doesnt win at least 3 conference games he should be gone

I still have faith. It seems we are slowly finding playmakers on Offense & I could see us eventually putting up the points we've needed in Big Ten play...

[QUOTE You have back to the guy before Holtz to get the most successful former Assistant Coach of the last 35 years. Mike Shanahan was Salem's Offensive Coordinator in 1979. :clap:[/QUOTE]

Another assistant on Salem's staff was Pete Carrol

In regards to Mason. The window is not as wide open when you're 60 years old.
His age at the time he was fired. Who thought Lou Holtz would come here? Harvey McKay, Jay Dyer, and the minions downtown made it happen. Heck, he might be a little shady, but I'd take Bobby Petrino in a heartbeat. If you read the doctors post on the hole regarding Kill he has a tough road ahead of him, doable, but tough. While Kahler and Tegue are behind Coach Kill 100 %, I bet Woody is already jotting down names on a piece of paper.

I'm still just trying to figure out how the OP is going to turn lemonade into lemons.

Top Bottom