Leidner gets scholarship offer

completely shut out irrelevant ratings and rankings from entertainment websites that make up data

False. Do you realize that when you say things like that, you may as well be standing on a street corner shouting "I AM A COMPLETE FRICKING MORON WHO DOESN'T UNDERSTAND HOW STATISTICS AND MATHEMATICS WORK." You calling them irrelevant over and over again doesn't make it so. You are wrong. Embrace it. Live it. Deal with it.

I'm also curious - you seem to think it's cute to call them "entertainment" websites, as though that's derogatory and insulting. Newsflash - sports as a whole are nothing more than entertainment! They could be wiped off the face of the earth tomorrow, and the important things in life would be totally unaffected. Did you know that this very message board on which you are posting is, in fact, an "entertainment website"? I'm sure that hadn't crossed your mind, since you're clearly above that sort of thing.

While we're on the subject - please explain how the data is "made up". I'd really love to hear your explanation on this one.

Of course, that won't jive at all with the "know everything" clique on GopherHole, the ones who think because they can read a website and make some statistics from made up data that they know something about college football and CFG recruiting.

Since you're obviously talking about me here, but aren't man enough to address me by name, I'll speak to this point. I've never once claimed to "know everything" or even close to it, but I damn sure as hell know a lot more than you about recruiting, college football, and most, if not all, of everything else there is to know as well. I'd also know more about "CFG recruiting" too, if I knew what it was.

These guys have our recruiting needs mapped out down to the T in their minds. I'm sure they'd love an audience with coach Kill so they could teach him how to recruit the "correct way". LOL!!

Wrong again. Please point out even one instance where I, or anyone else for that matter, has claimed to be a better recruiter or have more knowledge on the subject than anyone currently being paid to do so. Here's your problem - because I know, and can prove, that recruiting rankings do, in fact, correlate positively with both team and individual success, you, in your pea brain, extrapolate that to a ficitional universe wherein I think recruiting rankings are infallible and the end-all, be-all. If you took a second to look outside your own myopic little universe, you would realize that I have never said, insinuated, or approximated any such stance. Just as recruiting rankings are not unimpeachable and unassailable, they are also not irrelevant and worthless.

I have never considered using the ignore function in my many years on this board, but you are seriously making me think on it. I like to see the opposing viewpoints from all ranges of experience, intelligence, and background, but your incomparable ability to be willfully obtuse and ignorant really takes the cake. Seriously, you have to be the dumbest mf'er on this board, and that's really saying something.

If your whole posting history is just a bit to enrage people with your unbelievable stupidity, then kudos - because it has succeeded swimmingly.

While we're on the subject - please explain how the data is "made up". I'd really love to hear your explanation on this one.

i am not trying to start a big argument, but this is a quote from one of the publishers of GI (warning, premium site info being released):

Zach Johnson:Rivals will not just give out a star rating anymore. They wait until one of their evaluators get a chance to evaluate the prospect before submitting a rating. Typically the star ratings will start to fill up late summer to early fall.

of course, they are not 'making data up' so i am not trying to argue semantics, but to assign a player a rating without evaluating them is about as close to making up data as one can get. its that kind of air being blown up our skirts the last four years that has led us to believe that we should be bringing in a top 25 class every year while competing with SEC teams for southern recruits.

I have no idea if he can play but last year Lueck was clearly the intellectual second stringer. Watch film and you will see how Lueck and Weber are always together talking things over. I suspect he is the kind of guy coaches love.

The more qbs you sign the better. It's common practice by High schools all over the country to put one of your best players at qb.

IMO he is not a college qb. He tears teams apart when he is outside the pocket with no pressure, but when schools brought pressure he was not effective. Was terrible against rosemount the first time they played to the point where south went back to a run first attack after that game. Lakeville south is my preseason pick to win the south suburban and would probably be my number 3 in my preseason top 10 (Eden prairie 1, wayzata 2, cretin 4 for the record). I think a guy like parsons from Eagan last year was a better college qb prospect (wouldve ended up going to Iowa state if he hadn't got hurt again IMO). But I think this guy is a better football player.

Recruit qbs. 6'4 frame and athletic.
He could end up playing TE or maybe even DE. If he ends up at QB it means he is pretty good.

I disagree about his fit for our offense. He appears fast enough to get by in a pro-style system, but not to the level he would need to be successful in this offense. Given his size/speed profile (6'4", 220, 4.9), the only other positions that would seem to fit would be TE or DE. However, his strength (250 bench, 325 squat) is nowhere near where it needs to be to play either of those positions, and I don't know if even a redshirt year would be enough to remedy that sufficiently. And from the Scout lede, it appears that they are indeed offering him as a QB. Setting aside his merits as a player for a moment, and looking strictly at our current roster, why would you want to take 2 QBs (in a small class, nonetheless) when you already have 6 (and no seniors) on the roster? Certainly a strange decision all-around by the Kill Krew.

I agree with your comments but in addition:

Couple of possible points: our quarterback coach is QB whisperer...the player has raw talent and the player and the coach bonded...they couldn't let him go to Iowa because they think he can play well enough to beat us and/or Iowa

qualities to be a pass catching tight end must include the ability to catch the dang ball...otherwise put another tackle out there...how much he bench presses is secondary to that ability for me...no idea if he can catch tho...but my point is that can't just be limited to measurables

I do agree it is a head scratcher, as are some of these other guys, but they have been doing this for quite some time now together as a staff...Kill said we needed better athletes...he has 105 guys to compare these incoming guys to?

'Can't wait to see where Liedner ends up playing. IMO, he will be good at TE or QB. If he is made a QB it means he is really at QB. 'Can't wait to see how Kill's first season shakes out.

Top Bottom